If you love the tropical taste of sweet coconut, you’re in luck! We’ve rounded up 20 of the best coconut desserts, from cookies, to cheesecakes and brownies, you’re in for a sweet treat!
Best Asian Coconut Desserts
Hawaiian Butter Mochi
This classic Hawaiian treat is soft, sticky, chewy, and buttery – melt-in-your-mouth delicious! It’s made with mochiko glutinous rice flour and coconut cream, and is incredibly easy to make. Follow the step-by-step video for perfect results!
Mango Mochi with Coconut Milk
You’ll love the texture of these sweet and chewy Japanese treats! Each mochi has a delicious piece of sweet mango in the middle!
Mango Lychee with Coconut Flavor
Lychee Jelly is a jiggly Chinese dessert that’s made with coconut water, lychee fruits, and agar agar. They’re vegan, sweet, and perfect on a hot summer day. Add it to your iced tea for a fruity alternative to boba bubble tea!
Easy Shredded Coconut Desserts
If you’re a fan of cookies that are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, you’ve got to try this recipe! The cookies bake up beautifully and they’re super easy to make!
These sweet and tender cupcakes are full of delicious coconut flavor! They’re perfect for a weekend brunch.
Coconut Cream Pie Gooey Bars
These scrumptious bars are full of delicious textures. They have a delicate crust and a filling that’s rich and gooey. Enjoy them with hot coffee or tea.
Coconut Almond Joy Cookies
These delicious 4-ingredient cookies are ready in just 15 minutes! Tuck a couple into lunch boxes or enjoy them for a tasty mid-morning treat.
Easy and Fancy Coconut Desserts
A popular cookie recipe, coconut macaroons are easily a crowd-pleaser.
If you’re a coconut lover, then you’ll especially love this recipe. They only require 5 ingredients and about 35 minutes to make.
Easy Coconut Cheesecake
Serve this creamy, dreamy cheesecake at your next dinner party! It’s filled with coconut flavored cream cheese, and is topped with toasted coconut. Enjoy it with hot coffee or tea.
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
Surprise your guests with this delightful cake! You’ll need a box of white cake and a handful of ingredients to make a dessert that’s guaranteed to impress!
Chewy Coconut Bars
Brew a pot of your favorite tea to enjoy with these chewy coconut bars! They’re easy to make and are ready to devour in just 30 minutes.
Chocolate Coconut Brownies
These gorgeous brownies are impressive enough to serve to guests! Plate them up with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert!
Coconut Pecan Frosting
Coconut frosting is the finishing touch on German chocolate cake. This decadent filling and topping features a mouthwatering custard base with coconut and chopped pecans!
No Bake Coconut Desserts
No Bake Energy Balls
Make a batch of these easy No Bake Energy Balls the next time you’re craving something sweet! They take just 10 minutes to make and are absolutely delicious!
Dairy Free Coconut Milk Ice Cream
This delicious coconut milk ice cream has just 5 ingredients and would be perfect on a warm evening. Serve it with chocolate sauce or fresh berries for the ultimate summer dessert!
Disney’s Coconut Rice Pudding
You’ll love the creamy rich flavor of this coconut rice pudding! It has a lovely rich texture and takes just 30 minutes to make.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Cups
These 3-ingredient treats are the perfect size to pop in your mouth when you’re craving something sweet. They take just 5 minutes to make and then sit for 30 minutes to firm up.
Coconut White Chocolate Truffles
Your guests will think you bought these truffles from a high-end bakery! They take just 17 minutes to make and are filled with the flavors of white chocolate, vanilla, and coconut.
Summer Coconut Pineapple Smoothie
Loaded with pineapple, coconut milk, yogurt, and coconut, this smoothie is so easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day!
If you’re looking for a non-dairy alternative to whipped cream, give this recipe for coconut cream a try! It’s super easy to make and can be used as a topping for desserts.
Best Coconut Desserts (Hawaiian Butter Mochi Recipe and More)
- 2 cups Mochiko glutinous sweet rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can 14-oz coconut cream or canned coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C), and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. (if double the recipe, you can use a 13*9-inch baking pan.)
- Beat the eggs, and then add vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: mochiko, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg and milk mixture. Mix well. (It’s better to use a spatula as the mixture is relatively thick.)
- Add melted butter and coconut cream. Mix until the batter is completely smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Use a spatula to smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the mochi cake to cool to room temperature. Then use the parchment to lift the cake out of the pan.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. (I like to cut off the edges and cut the cake into equal squares.)
- It’s important to line the baking pan with parchment paper as this will prevent the mochi cake from sticking to the pan.
- Make sure there are no lumps in the batter before baking. If there are bubbles on the surface, simply pop them out with a toothpick.
- The baking time may vary depending on your oven. I suggest checking after 50 minutes. If the surface is getting too dark but the inside hasn’t been cooked completely, you can cover with a piece of aluminum foil and keep baking.
- Make sure to let your cake cool down to room temperature before cutting.
Leave a Reply