We’ve rounded up our 21 best, easy dinner ideas for kids. From kid-friendly soup to pasta to healthy recipes – this list will make your picky eaters happy.
What should I make for the family tonight that the kids will actually eat? Are there some HEALTHY and EASY options? For kids (and for adults), we’ve put together this list of the 21 best dinner recipes that are kid-friendly – some are quick recipes, some are healthy recipes, some are more indulgent – regardless they’re proven to be popular among picky eaters. No matter if your kids are 4 years old or 10 years old, you’ll find something that will satisfy their taste buds.
Most Popular Meals for Picky Eaters
Delicious and comforting, this chicken noodle soup is loaded with flavorful chicken and soft noodles. 30 minutes are all you need for a family-friendly meal.
Sweet, savory, and packed with flavor. You’ll have no complaints from your picky eaters! Oh, and did I mention it cooks in only 15 minutes.
It’s creamy, it’s cheesy, and it’s perfectly seasoned. This Southern-style mac and cheese is one of my kids’ favorite dishes. Serve with ketchup for some extra delicious flavor.
It’s my go-to meal as it’s cheesy and comforting. Perfect for pickier palates!
Full of veggies and flavors your kids will like, this fried rice is fast, easy, and delicious. A winner all around!
Easy Kid-Friendly Dinner for Weeknights
This classic Chinese recipe is a family favorite all year round! It’s sweet and savory with a hint of garlic flavor. Use flank steak or skirt steak for the best tender and juicy beef stir fry.
Shaped like corkscrews, this cheesy pasta is a fun choice for kids, making it a grown-up version of mac and cheese.
Crispy and crunchy, these healthy air fryer corn dogs are made without deep-frying. They’re a big hit with kids and adults alike!
One of my kids’ favorite meals are these easy Bisquick dumplings. You’ll have a warm and comforting bowl of chicken dumplings in under 30 minutes.
This best meatloaf will have your kids asking for seconds! It uses our favorite Lipton onion soup mix hack and tastes even better than the classic meatloaf, making it one of our favorite kid-friendly meals.
Our Best 15-Minute Dinner Recipes for Kids
Made with pizza dough and your favorite toppings, these pizza rolls are ready in under 15 minutes in an air fryer. It’s a homemade spin on a kid’s favorite food that the whole family will love.
This summer salad is a fresh meal made with bacon, veggies, and pasta. Great for toddlers as well as older kids!
All you need is 6 simple ingredients and 15 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner that’s kid-friendly and will make their mouths water!
There’s nothing better than a hot dog in summer! Easy to make and popular among kids. Note that for safety reasons, don’t serve this to kids under 4 years old.
Healthy Dinner Ideas for Kids and Adults
One of the all-time best sushi dishes, this dragon roll is filled with shrimp tempura and cucumber, with a fun avocado topping, resembling the dragon scales. It’ll definitely attract attention from your kids immediately.
This crockpot chicken recipe is one of our favorite dinners. Serve them with flour tortillas and your kids will love them!
A delicious vegetarian dinner idea that’s made with avocados, basil, garlic, lemon, and olive oil. It’s creamy, refreshing, and full of flavor!
One of the few healthy options for kids, these turkey tacos are loaded with ground turkey, veggies, and spices. They are full of flavor and perfect for meal prep!
Other Family-Friendly Dinner Ideas
One of kids’ all-time favorite foods! This easy “dump and go” recipe is made in a slow cooker. Shred the pork and add BBQ sauce before serving. A family-friendly recipe that’s always a hit!
It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare in the morning, and you’ll come home with tender and juicy chicken smothered in a tangy sweet and savory sauce.
Tender and delicious pork chops cooked in rich and creamy mushroom soup. They take just 30 minutes to cook in one pan for a family-friendly dinner for busy weeknights.
Kid-Friendly Dinner Recipe Mini Corn Dogs
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
- Add the buttermilk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter to a tall glass and leave enough room to dip the hot dog without overflowing.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Cut the hot dogs and the skewers into halves. Skewer the mini hot dogs onto wooden sticks.
- Roll the hot dogs in flour to coat, and shake off the excess.
- Dip the floured hot dogs into the batter and then cover the battered hot dogs with breadcrumbs.
- Spray cooking spray on the hot dogs, and then place them in the basket in one layer. Make sure not to overcrowd your air fryer. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Set the temperature to 375ºF, and set the time to 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, take out the basket and flip the corn dogs.
- Return the basket to the air fryer. After 2 more minutes, check every 1 minute until heated through. Serve and enjoy!