We’re sharing 12 of the Best Catfish Recipes for you to try. All of them are easy to make and cook up quickly enough to serve on busy weeknights. From classic fried catfish to baked versions to unique Asian catfish recipe, there’s a dish for everyone.
If you and your family enjoy fish, catfish is a great option! It’s a lean source of protein, is low in calories, and has good-for-you omega-3 fats, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also mildly flavored and slightly sweet.
What is the Best Way to Eat Catfish?
The most popular way to cook catfish is to deep-fry the fish. You can also bake, grill, or pan fry the fish.
Should I Soak Catfish in Milk Before Cooking?
If you plan to fry your catfish, we recommend soaking it in milk for about an hour before frying to eliminate any fishy taste.
Best Catfish Recipes
This Vietnamese braised fish is traditionally cooked in a claypot. The catfish is braised and caramelized to perfection. Serve with steamed rice for a satisfying meal.
This baked catfish features a tasty seasoning blend that perfectly complements the mild and slightly sweet flavor of the fish.
Fire up the grill and serve this perfectly seasoned catfish with your favorite veggies. It’s ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
Serve this hearty stew when the weather’s cold. It’s hearty, comforting, and ready to eat in just 40 minutes!
Ready-made Cajun seasoning makes easy work of this dish. Just brush the fish with lemon juice, sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning, and broil in the oven until it’s done! It couldn’t be easier and tastes great!
You May Also Like
Easy Catfish Recipes for Dinner (Fried Catfish and More)
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a heavy frying pan, pour enough oil to come 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. Heat the pan on medium-high until the oil reaches 350°F. If you don’t have a thermometer, add a cube of dry bread to the oil. If it sizzles, the oil is hot enough for the fish.
- Soak the catfish in the milk.
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, and spices for dredging
- Place the mixture in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the fillets in the mixture, shake off the excess and sprinkle them with salt.
- Add the fillets to the hot oil.
- Fry the fish until golden brown, for about 2-4 minutes, and carefully turn to brown on the other side for another 2-4 minutes.