This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Green peas are popular among kids and adults alike. They add flavor, color, texture, and fiber to dishes and are incredibly easy to make. If you’re looking for something new to do with a bag of green peas, this collection of recipes will help!
We’ve rounded up 12 of the best green pea recipes. From simple sauteed green peas to savory Indian spiced peas, you’re sure to find some new favorites here.
Chinese rice cooker fried rice is my absolute favorite. This no-fuss “dump and go” rice cooker recipe is made with a few simple ingredients with less than 5 minutes of prep! It’s so easy to make, customizable with any of your favorite mix-ins, and it’s incredibly delicious.
This pasta salad combines your favorite seafood with pasta, vegetables and Italian dressing. You can use shrimp, imitation crab, lobster or a combination. It’s an easy side dish that you can make ahead for a party!
This beef stew is hearty comfort food you can easily make in a crock pot. Tender and melt-in-your-mouth beef is simmered in a rich and divine sauce with carrots, onions, and potatoes.
Learn how to make cauliflower rice for a delicious side dish that incorporates more vegetables into your diet all while managing your carb intake! This easy recipe is the foundation for so many other low-carb vegan dishes including cauliflower fried rice.
This skillet shepherd’s pie has delicious and flavorful beef, onions, carrots and corn topped with buttery and creamy mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese. Baked to golden perfection in a skillet for a satisfying dinner.
Frozen green peas and a handful of ingredients are all you need to create this delightful side dish. Serve it alongside just about anything!
These simple green peas are seasoned with onion, garlic, chicken stock and salt and pepper. Serve them as a side to rice or pasta and your favorite meat or fish for a complete meal.
You’ll appreciate the simplicity of these simple peas and onions. It’s a super easy dish to make and is ready to serve in 20 minutes.
Salty and smoky bacon perfectly complements the sweetness of green peas. You’ll come back to this dish again and again!
The flavors of green peas and mint go hand-in-hand. Serve this simple dish as a side to a weeknight meal. It’s ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes.
Classic green peas with butter is always a hit with the kids. It’s ready to serve in minutes and goes well with just about anything.
Indian spices add delicious savory flavors to basic green peas. Serve this dish with steamed rice for a satisfying meal that’s both vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Green Peas Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower washed and dried
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a paring knife, remove the cauliflower’s outer leaves and then cut the florets into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Wash the cauliflower pieces with cold water and use paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Rice the cauliflower pieces using either a box grater (coarse grate), food processor (grater attachment is S-blade) or blender.
Different Cooking Options
- Sautéeing: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and cauliflower rice and cover. Cook for 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Steaming: Place the cauliflower rice in a steamer basket with water on high heat. Steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Baking: Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C. Place cauliflower rice on a sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- Uncooked leftover cauliflower rice can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Cooked leftover cauliflower rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can generally substitute cauliflower rice for white rice in many recipes.