Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas – Tender and juicy chicken breasts are cooked in the crockpot with bell peppers and onions with flavorful fajita seasoning, and served with flour tortillas. No need to marinade! This is my all-time favorite crockpot fajitas and is really easy to make!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Making chicken fajitas in the slow cooker produces a special sweetness that you won’t get from the traditional chicken fajitas cooked in a skillet. The boneless and skinless chicken breast and veggies will soak up all the tasty flavors! Simply add all the ingredients into the crock pot in the morning and you will come home with the delicious aroma filling your whole home!
These slow cooker fajitas are flavored with fajita seasoning. While you can buy fajita seasoning packets, I find it’s best to make your own homemade seasoning and adjust the flavor to your preference. Taco seasoning is also a good alternative for this recipe.
How to Make Slow Cooker Fajitas
This slow cooker chicken fajitas takes less than 10 minutes to prepare in the morning and you will come home with tasty dinner ready!
- To make this Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, start by mixing all ingredients for fajita seasoning in a small bowl.
- Add half can of diced tomatoes into the crockpot, followed by half of the sliced bell peppers and onions into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the fajita seasoning on top. Add Chicken breasts on top of the vegetables, and sprinkle another 1/2 of the fajita seasoning.
- Top with the rest of diced tomatoes and add the rest bell peppers and onions. Then seal the lid of the crockpot.
You can cook it on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours. When it’s done, you can either cut the chicken into strips for crockpot chicken strips fajitas or shred it for shredded chicken fajitas. It’s very tasty either way. Serve them in tortilla shells with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cilantro!
Any standard size slow cooker (4-8 quart) would work for most recipes. You can get one like this.
Chicken Fajitas Crockpot Recipe Tips:
- This chicken fajita crockpot recipe is a great make ahead freezer meal. You can add all ingredients to a plastic freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before adding to your slow cooker.
- It’s a perfect recipe to feed a crowd, and leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can swap chicken for flank steak and turn this recipe into delicious crockpot steak fajitas. Or you can use both for crockpot chicken and steak fajitas!
- You can also easily turn this recipe into crockpot chicken fajita soup by adding 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Serve them on paleo tortillas for paleo chicken fajitas!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas is my all time favorite crockpot fajitas. It takes 10 minutes to prepare and your slow cooker will do the rest!
- 1 1/2 pound skinless chicken breasts bone in or boneless
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, green
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 flour tortillas 8 inch size
- 1 can diced tomatoes about 14 oz
- toppings (optional) lime, sour cream, cilantro, avocado
- Mixing all ingredients for fajita seasoning in a small bowl.
Then slice bell peppers and onions into 1/4-1/2 inch strips.
Add half of the canned diced tomatoes into the crockpot, and spread evenly at the bottom. Then add half of the sliced bell peppers and onions into the crockpot. Sprinkle 1/2 of the fajita seasoning on top.
Add Chicken breasts on top of the vegetables, and sprinkle another 1/2 of the fajita seasoning. Top with the rest of diced tomatoes.
Add the rest bell peppers and onions.
Seal the lid of the crockpot. Cook it on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours. When it’s done, you can either cut the chicken into strips or shred it.
- Spoon the chicken, onions and peppers into hot tortillas. Squeeze lime juice and garnish with optional cilantro, avocado and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
View All Dinner Recipes