The crockpot is so versatile and you can rely on it for making all your favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes! We’ll delve into the chicken breasts, chicken thighs, whole chicken, healthy, and popular chicken recipes…easily cooked in a slow cooker!
In this post, we’ve rounded up some of the best crock pot chicken meals: Chicken Fajitas. Chicken Noodle Soup. Chicken Curry. Chicken Teriyaki. Butter Chicken. Hungry yet? Now imagine all the goodness cooked up in a slow cooker with that simmered-all-day flavor!
Salivating yet? Thought so!!
Can You Put Frozen Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
According to USDA guidelines, it’s NOT safe to cook frozen meat in a slow cooker due to the bacteria factor. The slow cooker is slow to warm up and it may take a few hours to reach a temperature that can kill all the bacteria.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Raw Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
Different types of meat and different sizes requires different cook time. Below is some general guidance on how long to cook chicken in the slow cooker:
- Boneless Chicken Breasts: 3 hours on Low or 2 to 2 ½ hours on High.
- Chicken Thighs (Bone-in): 4 to 5 hours on Low or 3 to 4 hours on High.
- Whole Chicken (6 lbs): 6 to 8 hours on Low or 4 ½ to 5 hours on High.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas: Easy to make and no marinade required, these slow cooker chicken fajitas turn out perfectly tender and juicy. The chicken breasts are cooked in the crockpot with bell peppers and onions with flavorful fajita seasoning and completed by serving with flour tortillas.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup: It’s a comforting and nourishing meal that takes just 10 minutes of prep and the crockpot does the rest.
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore: It’s not only easy to make but healthy too – a tender and flavorful Italian chicken dinner recipe made in a slow cooker. Simply simmer the chicken in a mouth-watering cacciatore sauce, which absorbs all the delicious flavors! Your house has never smelled so good!
- Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken (Boneless, Skinless): If you’re looking for an easy fall-apart and tender dish, then this is the one! This crockpot bbq pulled chicken is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. You can finish it up by putting it on rolls with some coleslaw and chips or eat it as is.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup: This delicious Tortilla Soup is comforting enough to enjoy during those cold nights and light enough to enjoy in warmer weather. Squeeze some lime on top, and serve with a nice cold drink!
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili: If you love chili then you’ll certainly love this creamy white chicken chili – it may just take the top spot in your weekly meal go-to! It’s so delicious with just the right amount of spice! Plus, it’s almost effortless since it cooks in your slow cooker!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk: The combination of warm curry flavors and coconut milk adds the perfect amount of flavor and moisture to the lean chicken breasts in this Slow Cooker Chicken Curry recipe. Plus, you’ll love that this is an authentic one-pot dish!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas: This one-pot chicken enchiladas is as simple as dump and go! To make this recipe, add the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, and let them simmer away all day in the slow cooker. When you get home, shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add a little more cheese, cook for one more hour, and ENJOY!
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala: Perfect for feeding your family or a crowd, you’ll definitely have people coming back for more of this creamy slow cooker chicken marsala. Cooking the wine and mushrooms in the slow cooker allows the two to combine together to provide a rich and creamy sauce. You definitely won’t be disappointed with this one.
Best Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs: With succulent chicken thighs, vegetables, and a finger-licking, sticky honey garlic sauce, this slow cooker honey garlic chicken thighs is nothing short of easy. With just 15 minutes of prep, your slow cooker will do the rest!
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken: Ready for some mouth-watering chicken thighs? These Crockpot Chicken Thighs are the best you’ll ever taste!! They are super tender and succulent, and the overall flavor is something you will continuously crave for.
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings: Homestyle comfort food at its finest! If you love traditional chicken and dumplings, you’ll love this easy crockpot chicken recipe! Plus, you may just enjoy making each dumpling by hand!
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Thighs: The slow cooker method here produces super tender and succulent chicken thighs with incredible flavor. Serve with veggies and potatoes or rice, and be sure to drizzle it all with thick and delicious gravy.
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken: It’s a no-fuss, authentic Indian Butter chicken dish that calls for specific spices. Don’t worry though, you will definitely enjoy this recipe that’s loved by tens of thousands of people.
Crock Pot Whole Chicken Recipes
- Super Tender Crock Pot Roast Chicken: The easiest way to enjoy a juicy and rotisserie like chicken in a crockpot. Plus, it’s so simple that anyone can make it! Just be sure to use a thawed whole chicken.
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken and Rice Dinner: Flavored with onions and spices, this crock Pot Chicken and Rice Dinner will definitely win over your whole family. The end result is a juicy whole chicken perfectly seasoned and slow-cooked along with cheesy rice. It may just be your new comfort food.
- Best Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Whole Chicken: Juicy on the inside with delicious and crispy skin on the outside, this certainly is the best slow cooker rotisserie chicken. Prep this in just 15 minutes in the morning and come home to a finished dinner and a house smelling amazing!
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie: A deliciously creamy pot pie filling will cook in no time in your slow cooker. Use a mix of fresh and frozen veggies, some classic herbs and spices, chicken, butter, milk, and cornstarch, then you will be on your way to a healthy version of the store-bought chicken pot pies. Pair it with some warm biscuits for an ultimate experience.
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Meal Prep: Having a tough time deciding between which flavor of chicken you want? Don’t worry! This recipe will provide you with not one, not two, but four chicken flavors. And if you’re new to the chicken shredding game, well you’ll find tips on that here too!
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos: I think I can sum this recipe with a few factual points. First of all it’s absolutely delicious. Now add to that it’s gluten, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly. A win-win for everyone!
Other Popular Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Chicken: Tender, juicy and flavorful, these slow cooker bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are made with just 4 ingredients. Wrapped in bacon, the chicken pieces are marinated while they cook in the crockpot – absorbing the flavor from the bacon and spices.
- Crockpot Mississippi Chicken: Only 5 minutes to prepare, and 5 ingredients, for mouthwatering Mississippi Chicken. Juicy and flavorful chicken awaits!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip in A Crock Pot: Chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and some spicy buffalo sauce are combined together to make your new favorite buffalo chicken dip. Add them into the crockpot, you’ll have the perfectly creamy dippable dip in just a few hours. Bring it to a party and you may just have people begging you for the recipe.
- Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken: Crispy pieces of fried chicken cooked with a sweet tangy sauce in the slow cooker. Does it get any better? General Tso’s Chicken has gained popularity in North America and this recipe will show you how to make this dish in a slow cooker.
- Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes: A healthy meal that will certainly appeal to any picky eater! Crockpot chicken and potatoes is a classic recipe that anyone will enjoy! Simply combine the chicken, carrots, Italian seasoning, and lemon in the crockpot, and your 15 minutes of prep will turn into an amazing dinner.
- Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken: Cream Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix, Cheddar Cheese, Green Onions, and Bacon – all mixed together in one bowl! Now add the chicken, and serve it up on buns or tortillas, and you’ve got one heck of a meal.
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing: This is a hot dish for those seeking a hearty meal. It has meat, starch, and veggies all in one dish! You’ll certainly be saying that this is the perfect comfort food once you’ve finished your plate!
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken: A versatile dish that your whole family will love! Slow cooker ranch chicken can be served by itself or into meals like tacos, pizza toppings, salads, sandwiches, wraps and so much more. Make enough to feed a large crowd and it only takes 5 minutes of prep!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo: Tender juicy chicken cooked in a creamy homemade sauce with pasta in a slow cooker. Can you say sign me up! It’s one of our favorite dishes, and you’ll soon find out why.
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken: Tender chicken thighs soaked in a sweet and savory sauce, slow cooker Hawaiian chicken is bursting with pineapple flavor! With little effort to make this meal, you’ll love that you can make this any night of the week. Don’t forget the bell peppers and brown sugar – you’ll surely be impressed.
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken: Tender and juicy chicken that’s a little bit smoky. Intrigued yet? And you can serve it up with rice or tortillas! A great recipe for leftovers as well.
How to Use Slow Cooker Properly
The best part of the slow cooker is that you can quickly add the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, and you’ll have a complete meal by dinner time. Some people are not convinced to leave it on all day while no one is home, but most crock pots are designed to be left cooking on the countertop unattended. It is quite safe as long as you use it properly. Here are some tips on how to use your crockpot:
- Place it on a Flat Heatproof Surface: Place your slow cooker on a clean and flat surface with the cord tucked away properly. It’s best to place it on a granite countertop and avoid a wooden surface. Also, make sure the crock pot has enough room to breathe and keep it at least several inches away from any objects such as walls, wooden furniture, etc.
- Avoid Over-cooking or Under-cooking: First, make sure to fill your slow cooker ½ to ¾ full, with the exception of some dessert recipes. Secondly, if there is a range of time given from a recipe, always check your dish at the shortest amount of time given, and only cook longer if needed.
- Set the Crockpot on Low If Unattended: If you plan to let the crock pot cook away while you are not at home, set it to LOW. In case you are running late, the food won’t be over-cooked too much.
- Keep Pets Away: If you have curious pets at home while you are away, make sure they don’t have access to your crockpot.
Tips and Secrets for Making Best Slow Cooker Chicken
- Use high-quality chicken for the best tender and juicy texture.
- Fill your slow cooker up halfway to two-thirds of the way so that your chicken has enough room to cook It also gives the chicken a little “insulation”, preventing it from cooking too fast.
- Add green vegetables 30 minutes before the chicken is ready for a splash of color.
- Consider broiling the chicken for 2-3 minutes before serving for additional color.
Special Equipment I Used for Making Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
31 Best Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes (Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe & More)
- Whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, oregano, and ketchup in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs, carrots, baby potatoes, and chopped onions to a slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top. Cover the slow cooker and seal the lid.
- Cook on a low for 4-5 hours or until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add the green beans to the slow cooker.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to serving plates using a slotted spoon.
- Broil the chicken thighs for about 2-3 minutes to caramelize the skin.
- Optional: Add the juice through a fat separator to remove excess fat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Drizzle sauce on top of chicken and vegetables. Serve and enjoy!