Microwave Mac and Cheese – rich and creamy mac and cheese cooked in the microwave from scratch, ready in 15 minutes. A total game changer! Quick, easy and cooked in one bowl. Say goodbye to the dried macaroni boxes!This microwave trick makes perfect Mac and Cheese with real ingredients. It’s a convenient and easy way to cook Mac and Cheese, especially when you are not bothered to pull out a pan. You can also add some leftover vegetables or cooked chicken. I throw in some steamed broccoli and serve it in a bread bowl. So Good!
HOW TO COOK MAC AND CHEESE IN MICROWAVE
In a medium-large microwave-safe bowl, add pasta, water and salt. Microwave in 2-minute intervals until cooked and most water has been absorbed, stirring in between so that it won’t be stuck to the bottom of the bowl. The time needed to cook your pasta will depend on the power of your microwave. Mine takes 6-8 minutes. Pour in the milk and garlic powder and mix. Stir in the cheese and broccoli and microwave for 30 seconds or until creamy.
Serve the macaroni and cheese on the plate or into a bowl (I used a bread bowl) and top with optional red pepper flakes or desired toppings. Enjoy!
Note: Use a deeper and larger bowl to cook Mac and Cheese in the microwave as it will rise when cooked. The bowl can also get quite hot and it’s better to use oven mitts to handle the bowl.
TIPS FOR MAKING BEST MICROWAVE MAC AND CHEESE
- Elbow pasta works best for this recipe as larger pasta needs longer time to cook.
- Use whole milk and you will get the best flavor for this recipe.
- Cook the pasta until most water has been absorbed, otherwise, your mac and cheese can get watery.
- I made a bread bowl out of a bread loaf from the local bakery, and served my Mac and Cheese in the bread bowl
Microwave Mac And Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups elbow pasta
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- (optional) red pepper flakes
- In a medium-large microwaveable bowl, add pasta, water and salt.
- Microwave in 2-minute intervals until cooked, stirring in between.
- Pour in the milk and garlic powder and mix.
- Add the cheese and broccoli and microwave for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Serve the mac and cheese on a plate or into a bowl (I used a bread bowl) and top with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
scr888 lucky says
I’mextremely impresesed wiyh youur writing skills as well
ass with the layout onn your blog. Is this a pzid
theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great
blog liie this one these days. http://threeclothing.com/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=win88.today