Delicious and comforting Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – loaded with tender chicken, soft noodles and nutritious vegetables. Best of all, it takes only 30 minutes when made from scratch!
Homemade rich and flavorful broth from scratch is the secret in this tasty and simple Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, especially when you use chicken with bones. The Instant Pot makes it much faster and easier to make the homemade broth. Your whole family will absolutely love this!
Select the Right Chicken for Instant Chicken Noodle Soup
To make the most delicious Chicken Noodle Soup, I highly recommend bone-in and skin-on chicken breasts, which will make your soup full of flavor! It’s best to saute the chicken and vegetable in the Instant Pot using the Sauté function first, and then switch to soup function. It takes less than 10 minutes to make the soup!
I usually cook the noodles in a separate pot, as it cooks fast in a normal pot, and can get mushy quickly in the Instapot. You can cook the noodle in boiling water at the same time while you make the soup.
Most Instant Pot models work for this recipe, and I use the 6-quart model. You can also make this recipe 3 days in advance, and store it in the fridge. Reheat it before serving. Serve it warm with white bread for a delicious homestyle meal for your whole family!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced optional
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Prepare chicken soup while waiting.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté setting and wait until it reads hot. Add oil, and then add the chicken breasts and sauté 3-4 minutes until starting to brown on the outside.
- Add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Stir for 2-3 minutes until the onions are soft and become translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and water, bay leaves, thyme, salt and water.
- Cover the Instant Pot and close the lid. Select "soup" with a timer for 8 minutes.
- Once the cycle has finished, allow another 5-10 minutes for the pressure to release. For a quick release to save time, check Instant Pot guidance.
- Carefully unlock and remove the cover. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred using two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken and cooked noodles to the Instant Pot. Mix well.
- Add fresh parsley. Taste the soup and season with more salt and pepper to your preference. Serve and enjoy!