Tilapia is a nutritious and delicious freshwater fish. We’ve rounded 20 of the Best Sides for Tilapia that are easy to make at home. From vegetables to pasta and rice, these side dishes are perfect to serve with this healthy fish for a complete dinner!
What Sides Go with Tilapia?
When cooking up a Tilapia, keep in mind that it is a light fish that isn’t filling! Choose a side that will either keep the meal light or one that will fill you up. Luckily Tilapia pairs well with many side dishes. Some great suggestions on the lighter side are fruit salsa, coleslaw, and glazed carrots. On the more filling side is mac n cheese, Benihana rice, or penne pasta.
What Vegetables Go Well with Fried Fish?
When looking for a vegetable that goes well with fried fish, you want to choose one that complements rather than competes! Opt for those that are bright, fresh, and full of flavor! Steamed broccoli fulfills all of that! If broccoli isn’t your thing, don’t worry! Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and asparagus all make excellent choices too! Below, you will find a few vegetable-side dishes that take veggies from boring to extraordinary!
Best Side Dishes for Tilapia
Healthy Sides for Tilapia
- Steamed Broccoli: If you’re looking for a quick vegetable side dish to pair with Tilapia, then stop here! This steamed broccoli recipe is so easy and fast to make! Here you’ll learn how to make a healthy side dish that is bursting with color and flavor!
- Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts: This recipe provides your tastebuds with a sweet and spicy experience! Honey Sriracha Brussels sprouts are a side dish that’s easy to make and incredibly delicious! Follow the recipe step-by-step to keep this veggie tender and crispy.
- Fruit Salsa: Grab your favorite fruits and start dicing! This fruit salsa is the perfect complement to your Tilapia! It provides a fresh and light taste while keeping it healthy. Add in some cinnamon tortilla chips for an extra bit of crisp!
Easy Side Dishes for Pan-Fried Tilapia
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries: This recipe will be your new go-to for cooking frozen french fries! Coming out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside – serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Microwave Mashed Potatoes: Did you know that you can cook mashed potatoes in the microwave?! Well, prepared to be blown away! This recipe lets you cook up an easy side dish in just 15 minutes that’s perfectly fluffy!
- Crispy Corn Nuggets: Are you a fan of corn fritters? Then you’ll love these homemade crispy corn nuggets. All it takes is a quick batter, corn kernels, with a few extra ingredients! Fry them to golden perfection and serve up with your Tilapia.
- Coleslaw: This is an all-American recipe kicked up a notch. Perfect for those hot days and backyard gatherings, coleslaw is creamy and crunchy in every bite. It pairs perfectly with Tilapia. Plus, it comes together in just 10 minutes!
- Onion Rings: Time to skip the drive-thru lines and cook up your favorite side dish at home. These copycat Burger King onion rings pair well with your fish dish! They are crispy and full of onion flavors! Don’t forget the dipping sauce!
Vegetable Side Dishes for Fish
- Air Fryer Asparagus: With just four ingredients and about 5 minutes of cooking, you and your family can enjoy Air Fryer Asparagus. With crisp stalks on the outside and tender on the inside, this side dish will please even the pickiest of eaters.
- Roasted Parsnips: Roasted Parsnips are an easy but delicious side dish that allows you to get some veggies in your diet. They’re sweet and tender with a caramelized outside that enhances their natural flavor. Yum!
- Lemon Pepper Roasted Cauliflower Florets: Growing bored with your cauliflower dishes? With this recipe, you can start enjoying it again! The lemon and pepper touch on just about every ethnic dish while providing incredible flavor. With just 15 minutes of prep, you’ll love making this easy side over and over again!
- Glazed Carrots: These glazed carrots are coated beautifully in a mix of brown sugar and butter! Top this tender dish with some parsley and enjoy! It’s an easy side dish that doesn’t cost much!
Low Carb Sides for Blackened Tilapia
- Microwave Cauliflower Fried Rice: Strapped for time but want a healthy side dish? This microwave cauliflower fried rice is for you! It’s an easy recipe that turns out light and fluffy! Plus, it’s keto-friendly and low-carb!
- Sous Vide Zucchini:Tender and flavorful, Sous Vide zucchini is a healthy and nutritious side dish that’s perfect for the summer! Great alongside Tilapia without competing with it! Low-carb, Keto, and oh so good!
- Simple Skillet Green Beans: The name says it all! This side dish is simple and healthy! All you need is fresh string beans, garlic, olive oil, and one pot! I haven’t made sautéed green beans before, don’t worry! This recipe makes it completely easy!
- Corn on the Cob: Never mess up corn on the cob again! With this recipe, you’ll get tips and tricks on how to boil your corn perfectly! Serve it with butter, salt, and pepper for an unforgetable experience!
Pasta & Rice Side Dishes for Tilapia
- Mac n Cheese: Creamy, cheesy, and oh so good! This mac n cheese recipe combines different cheeses right in a crockpot! It’s a warm and filling side dish that’s sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!
- Benihana Fried Rice: Loaded with delicious veggies and scrambled eggs, this Benihana recipe is a must-try! It’s the perfect copycat recipe to make right at home. Plus, it’s customizable too – add in some fish, chicken, or steak.
- Yellow Jasmine Rice: With just 5 minutes of prep, you can put together this yellow Jasmine rice dish easily. This dish is combined with Indian spices for a warm, light, and fluffy side! The best part? You can make this right in a rice cooker too!
- Penne Pasta with Vodka Sauce: The star of this penne pasta dish is the vodka sauce – it’s creamy and flavorful! All you need is to combine onions, tomato paste, cream, and parmesan. Easy to make and completely tasty too!
You May Also Like
20 Best Sides for Tilapia (Steamed Broccoli Recipe & More)
- 1 head broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the broccoli and cut the florets away from the crown.
- Slice the florets into 2-inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add 1 inch of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the broccoli florets in a steamer basket inside the pot.
- Cover the steamer, reduce heat to medium and steam for 5-7 minutes or until you can pierce the stalk with a fork.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!