We’ve collected 19 Best Ground Sausage Recipes that are easy to make and full of flavors! If you’re wondering “what can I make with my Italian sausage, chicken, or even turkey sausage?” you have come to the right place! From old school cafeteria pizza to pasta dishes, to the proper technique of cooking sausage on the grill, we’re going to bring it all to you with more than a dozen delicious ground sausage recipes!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options as well. So many options to let your imagination and taste buds run free!
The Most Popular Ground Italian Sausage Recipes
- Italian Sausage and Peppers: Looking for a restaurant-quality dish? Look no further than this Italian sausage and peppers recipe! An Italian dish that is made in one pan, combining peppers, onions, and of course sausage! Eat it plain or roll it up in a sandwich!
- School Pizza: Okay, who doesn’t remember cafeteria pizza? We’ll let you customize yours with this made-at-home recipe as well. Travel back in time, and remember your childhood here too.
- Sausage Herb Stuffing: Your new favorite recipe for the holidays or even your next family gathering. Sausage herb stuffing uses store-bought stuffing cubes to help cut out on the steps of drying out and slicing the bread. You can easily make this recipe a day ahead of time, put it in the fridge and cook it the next day.
- Bisquick Sausage Balls: These cheesy sausage balls are a holiday favorite. Can we call it comfort carb-loaded goodness? The best thing here is you can use whatever type and flavor of sausage you want…but it has to be ground sausage.
- Sausage Rolls: Easy to prepare and ready in just thirty-five minutes, sausage rolls are made entirely in one pot. It’s creamy, it’s cheesy, it’s bursting with flavor, veggies, and bold Italian flavors. Serve it alongside some garlic bread, roasted mushrooms, or a nice salad for a well-balanced meal.
Ground Sausage Recipes with Pasta
- Baked Ziti with Sweet Italian Sausages: If you love lasagna, you’re going to absolutely love baked ziti with sweet Italian sausage. Plus, it’s easier to make and your kids will definitely love it too! The sausage gives it the protein you’re looking for to fill you up and the flavor you seek to satisfy your palette.
- Sous Vide Italian Sausage with Pasta: Sous vide Italian sausage with pasta is nothing short of delicious, tender, and juicy! Cooked at a precise temperature, cut into rounds, and then tossed in pasta with veggies and sauce that can’t be beaten!
- Creamy Sausage Pasta: Made in one pot with minimal ingredients. Irresistibly creamy, deliciously cheesy, and bursting with flavors! Can it sound any better? Wait until you taste it! Pair it up with garlic bread or roasted mushrooms, and this will become an instant family favorite!
- One-Pot Cheesy Sausage Penne: Busy during the week, and not sure what to cook up for dinner? We’ve got the perfect dish for you! This one-pot pasta is full of flavor and is topped with cheese. If none of the above sells you on this recipe, this will: Sauteed onion and garlic for base flavors! Yes, before you even get to the sausage penne!!
Ground Sausage Dinner Recipes
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: Lots of options here, but the bottom line is if you like mushrooms and or sausage this recipe will check off all the boxes.
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits: This recipe will easily make you want to get out of bed on a Saturday morning! From the gravy to the biscuits, you’ll want to have this at every meal! The gravy is the perfect combination of sausage, flour, half and half, and seasoning and easily can be used on burritos, roasted potatoes, eggs, and your breakfast skillet.
- Grilled Sausages: Sausage on the grill! Anything on the grill usually sounds, and more importantly, tastes good! The key: You’ve got to be careful and keep a steady eye when grilling sausages. Twenty minutes of “indirect” heat should do the trick!
- Italian Sausage and Rice Casserole: Smoky chicken sausage, juicy bell peppers, brown rice, in a zesty tomato sauce. Yes! Protein, veggies, and whole grains. Yep!! Take note, cooking time(s) will vary if you use white rice.
Healthy Ground Sausage Recipes
- Keto Sausage and Cabbage Skillet: Easy, low-carb, one-pot dinner, this keto sausage, and cabbage skillet is ready in under 20 minutes! All it takes is cabbage, sausage, butter, garlic, onion powder, paprika and you will have a delicious dish that has less than 6 carbs per serving.
- Healthy Turkey Sausage Pasta with Veggies: Made with some simple ingredients like lean turkey sausage, broccoli, and corn, this easy dish is full of nutrition and flavors.
- Italian Sausage Soup: Soup warms the soul, and this Italian Sausage Soup is no exception! An easy recipe that gives you many options, including pork or turkey sausage. And you can cut some of the sodium with unsalted chicken stock.
Ground Sausage Recipes for Breakfast
- Sausage Breakfast Pizza: Who says you can’t have pizza for breakfast? With this sausage breakfast pizza, you’ll be wanting it for breakfast every day! Using a premade crust, you’ll top with eggs, cheese, and crumbled sausage with gravy as the sauce!! Yum!!
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole: Looking for that comfort food in the morning that a bowl of cereal just won’t satisfy? Try this sausage breakfast casserole – the hashbrowns are the best part! If you’re lucky enough to have any leftovers here, they may even be better than when this is first made!
- Overnight Sausage and Egg Casserole: Yes, for sure, on Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving, but also anytime too! An easy, five-minute, recipe to put together. Rumor has it you’ll have requests for this recipe after serving it up to your family and friends!
19 Best Ground Sausage Recipes That Are Easy to Make (Italian Sausage and Vegetables Recipe & More)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 20 ounces Italian sausages sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once hot, add sliced sausages and cook until it’s nicely browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the olive oil. Then add the sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Cook for a few minutes until slightly soft.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil, chicken broth, and salt to taste. Return the sausage back to the pan and cook until the sausage is completely cooked through. Serve and enjoy!