The internet has been obsessed with Starbucks’ Rainbow Drinks. The colorful rainbow-themed drinks have become must-have beverages in the summer. You’ll learn everything about these rainbow drinks, how to order them from the secret menu, and how to make copycat recipes at home!
What are the Rainbow Drinks at Starbucks?
If you are a fan of Starbucks, you’ve probably heard a lot of hypes about the whole line of rainbow-themed drinks. There are 5 colors: pink, purple, orange, green and blue. The Pink Drink was the first one and is now on the official menu, and the rest are from the secret menu.
How to Order Rainbow Drinks and What Do They Taste Like?
This is one of Starbucks’ most popular iced beverages and is made with Strawberry Acai Refresher and coconut milk. It started as a secret menu item but was so popular that it became an official Starbucks beverage on the cold drink menu in 2017.
How to Order: As it’s on the official menu, you can simply order the drink by its name “Pink Drink”, and choose your preferred size.
What Does It Taste Like: It’s sweet and creamy with strawberry flavor.
It’s a refreshing and stunning tea-based iced beverage with a beautiful purple color.
How to Order: Ask your barista for a blend of passion iced tea, soy milk, and vanilla syrup, with a scoop of blackberries or blueberries.
What Does It Taste Like: It has a tart, sweet, and fruity flavor. It’s less sweet than “Pink Drink”, but you can always add more syrup or sugar to make it sweeter.
The old Orange Drink gained some buzz in 2016. It was made with orange-mango juice, vanilla bean powder, and coconut milk on ice. In early 2020, Starbucks re-introduced the new Orange Drink which tastes like Peach Gummy Rings! The picture below is the new orange drink.
How to Order: Ask for a venti iced half-sweet black tea lemonade, with peach tea and a splash of soy milk, served on ice.
What Does It Taste Like: It’s sweet, peachy, and tastes like peach gummy rings due to the combination of lemonade and peach tea.
This drink is smooth, creamy, and delicious with a bright green color. It looks similar to a regular Iced Green Tea Latte, but it’s a completely different recipe as it contains iced black tea and uses coconut milk instead of milk, keeping with the same theme from the rest of the rainbow-colored drinks.
How to Order: Ask for a blend of iced black tea, green matcha powder, and coconut milk.
What Does It Taste Like: Matcha has a more prevalent flavor in this drink, and coconut milk is subtle in taste. It’s not as sweet as a Pink Drink.
How to Order: Ask your barista for a blend of passion iced tea, soy milk, and vanilla syrup.
What Does It Taste Like: It has a sweet, fruity, and slightly tart flavor. Similar to a purple drink, it’s not as sweet as the Pink Drink.
Are these Rainbow Drink Expensive?
They are not much more expensive than regular refreshers. Most of the time, you are ordering a tea or juice and mix it with coconut milk or soy milk, with a syrup. You can also choose any size.
What is the Rainbow Ombre Refresher?
The ombre rainbow refreshers are created by layering more than two rainbow drinks. It looks absolutely stunning, and Starbucks’ fans are going crazy for the rainbow blends. My personal favorite is this Ombre Pink Drink.
How to Make Starbucks Rainbow Drinks at Home
- Start with making a tea and let it chill in the refrigerator (if there’s a tea in the ingredient).
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (except the syrup) in a medium jar. Mix well.
- Add simple syrup or sugar to your desired level of sweetness.
- Fill a glass halfway with ice cubes. Pour in the mixture, and garnish with your favorite berries. Serve immediately.
If you love these rainbow drink recipes, check out my favorite 15 Best Starbucks Refreshers next!
Starbucks Rainbow Drink Recipes + (VIDEO)
- 1 cup strawberry juice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk You can also use almond milk, soy milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- simple syrup or sugar, to taste
- ice cubes
- 3/4 cup passion tea optional this will give your drink a brighter pink color
- 1/4 teaspoon freeze-dried acai powder optional
- 1 teaspoon green coffee extract optional
- In a medium jar, mix together the juices, tea, and coconut milk (or soy milk).
- Add simple syrup. Stir to combine. (Add syrup or sugar gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
- Fill a glass halfway with ice.
- Pour the mixture into the glass. Garnish with your favorite berries.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Nutrition info is based on 1 serving of the pink drink.