Blue Drink and Green Drink are the latest addition to the rainbow beverages on the Starbucks secret menu. The blue drink is made with passion iced tea, soy milk, and vanilla syrup. It’s so refreshing, and you can easily make it at home at the fraction of the price. A perfect summer drink!
I love Starbucks colorful iced beverages: Pink Drink, Purple Drink, Green Drink, Orange Drink, and now, Blue Drink. Which one is your favorite?
If you love Purple Drink, you’ll love this blue drink too! The two recipes are very similar, but we adjusted the ratio among the ingredients slightly in order to get the right shade of blue.
What’s in a Blue Drink?
- Passion Tea Bags: You can buy the tea bags at your local grocery store such as Whole Foods or order them online from Amazon. My favorite brand is Tazo passion herbal tea.
- Coconut Milk: It adds a natural sweetness and creaminess to your drink. Original Starbucks blue drink uses soy milk, but I find that coconut milk produces a brighter blue color. When I use soy milk, my drink has a purple color.
- Blueberry Juice: This is an optional ingredient, but I find that it’s important to add blueberry juice if you want your drink to have vivid blue color.
- Simple Syrup or Sugar: Customize this drink with your preferred sweetness level with simple syrup or sugar. For a healthier option, use Stevia to sweeten your drink.
How to Make the Blue Drink at Home
1. Prepare the passion tea. Pour hot water over the passion tea bag.
2. Steep the tea for 5 minutes. Then let it chill in the refrigerator.
3. In a pitcher or jar, add chilled passion tea and blueberry juice.
4. Pour in coconut milk, and mix well.
5. Add simple syrup. Stir to combine. (Add syrup gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
6. Fill a glass 3/4 full of ice. Pour the mixture into the glass. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to chill your tea until it’s cold before making the drink.
- The color of your drink depends on the ratio of the passion tea, blueberry juice, and coconut milk. Adding more passion tea will give you a purple color, like this one.
- Serve immediately after you make the drink, otherwise, it will start to separate into two layers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Order a Blue Drink at Starbucks?
To order the “Blue Drink” from the secret menu at Starbucks, simply ask your barista for a blend of passion iced tea, soy milk, and vanilla syrup.
Is Blue Drink Healthy?
The blue drink is healthier than most beverages from Starbucks. To make it even healthier at home, use Stevia instead of simple syrup to sweeten your drink.
What Does a Blue Drink Taste Like?
Similar to the purple drink, this blue drink has a tart, sweet, and fruity flavor. It’s not as sweet as the Pink Drink, but you can always add more syrup or sugar to make it sweeter.
Does the Starbucks Blue Drink Have Caffeine in it?
No, this drink doesn’t have caffeine in it and you can enjoy it at any time of the day!
How Many Calories in a Starbucks Blue Drink?
There are about 145k calories in the Starbucks blue drink. That means you can enjoy this drink with less guilt!
More Starbucks Drinks
If you’ve tried this Blue Drink, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know. I love hearing from you!
Starbucks Blue Drink Recipe (+VIDEO)
- 1 passion tea bag (Use 1 cup of hot water to make the tea, but you’ll only need to use 1/4 cup of the chilled tea for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup blueberry juice (You can skip this ingredient, and your drink will have a purple color)
- 3 cups coconut milk (You can also use soy milk, or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or sugar to taste)
- ice cubes
- Place the passion tea bag in a cup and add hot water.
- Let the tea steep for 5 minutes and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a pitcher or jar, pour 1/4 cup of the chilled passion tea and 1/2 cup of blueberry juice.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix well.
- Add simple syrup or sugar to taste. Stir to combine. (Add syrup or sugar gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
- Fill a glass 3/4 full of ice. Then pour in the mixture. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- You can make the passion tea ahead of the time and then store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- The color of your drink depends on the ratio between passion tea, blueberry juice, and coconut milk. If you omit blueberry juice, your drink will have a purple color instead of blue.
Leave a Reply