Like Pink Drink, Purple Drink is another refreshing and stunning iced beverage that’s perfect for hot summer days. It’s made with passion iced tea, soy milk, and syrup, topped with blackberries. Here is a complete guide on purple drink, including how to order it from Starbuck’s secret menu, and how to make it at home!
I’m so obsessed with Starbucks’ colorful drinks, like red Strawberry Acai Refresher, pink Mango Dragonfruit Refresher, yellow Iced Golden Ginger Drink, green Pineapple Matcha, and this Purple drink.
You’ve probably seen the purple drink all over Instagram. If you like Starbucks’ Violet Drink, you’ll also love this tea-based purple drink. It’s relatively healthy with a beautiful purple color. So refreshing!
How to Order a Purple Drink from Starbuck’s Secret Menu?
To order the “Purple Drink” at Starbucks, just ask your barista for a blend of passion iced tea, soy milk, and vanilla syrup, with a scoop of blackberries or blueberries.
What’s in a Purple Drink?
Passion Iced Tea Bags: Passion tea is bursting with hibiscus and fruity flavors. My favorite brand is Tazo passion herbal tea. You can buy the tea bags at your local grocery store such as Whole Foods or order them online from Amazon.
Soy Milk: It adds a natural sweetness and creaminess to your drink without the calories. I like to use unsweetened soy milk so that I can control the level of sweetness easily. You can also sub coconut milk, which makes a lighter and more lavender purple color to your drink.
Simple Syrup or Sugar: Customize this drink with your preferred sweetness level with simple syrup or sugar. For a healthier option, use Stevia to sweeten your drink.
Blackberries: I used freeze-dried whole blackberries to garnish, but you can also use fresh blackberries.
Blueberry Juice: This is an optional ingredient, and I find it helps to give me the exact look that Starbucks’ purple drink has, while adding a delicious fruity flavor to the beverage.
How to Make a Purple Drink at Home
1. Prepare the passion iced tea. Pour hot water over the passion tea bag.
2. Steep the tea for 5 minutes. Then let it chill in the refrigerator.
3. In a medium jar, add chilled passion tea and blueberry juice.
4. Pour in soy milk, and mix well. Then add simple syrup. Stir to combine. (Add syrup gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
5. Fill a glass halfway with blackberries and ice.
6. Pour the mixture into the glass. Add more blackberries to garnish. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Tips for Making the Best Purple Drink
- Make sure to steep your passion tea to let the flavor develop. Then let it chill until it’s very cold before making the drink.
- The color of your drink depends on the ratio between the passion iced tea and soy milk. More soy milk will yield a lighter purple color. If you want to add more purple color to the drink, you can mix in more blueberry juice.
- Serve immediately after you make the drink, otherwise, it will start to separate into two layers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does a Purple Drink Taste Like?
This purple drink has a tart, sweet, and fruity flavor. It’s less sweet than “Pink Drink”, but you can always add more syrup or sugar to make it sweeter.
Is Purple Drink Healthy?
The purple drink is healthier than most beverages from Starbucks. To make it even healthier at home, use Stevia instead of simple syrup to sweeten your drink.
If You Like this recipe Try these Out:
If you’ve tried this Purple Drink then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know. I love hearing from you!
Purple Drink Recipe (+VIDEO)
- 1 passion tea bag (use 1 cup of hot water to make the tea, but you’ll only need to use 1/2 cup of the chilled tea.)
- 1/2 cup blueberry juice
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or sugar to taste)
- 1 scoop blackberries (freeze-dried or fresh blackberries)
- ice cubes
- Pour 1 cup of hot water over the passion tea bag.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes. Then let it chill in the refrigerator.
- In a medium jar, pour 1/2 cup of the chilled passion iced tea.
- Add in blueberry juice.
- Pour in soy milk, and mix well.
- Add simple syrup. Stir to combine. (Add syrup or sugar gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
- Fill a glass halfway with blackberries and ice.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Add more blackberries to garnish. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- This recipe is caffeine-free. If you’d like to add caffeine to your drink, you can add chilled green tea or green coffee bean powder.
- You can sub coconut milk for soy milk, and you’ll get a slightly lighter and more vivid purple color.
Leave a Reply