Guess what? This new Orange Drink from Starbucks’ secret menu tastes like Peach Gummy Rings! It’s made with black tea lemonade, peach juice, and soy milk. We’ve created this homemade iced beverage to brighten up your day and it tastes like the real thing. A perfect and refreshing drink for the summer!
If you are a peach lover, you’ll love this orange drink. I’ve seen it all over my Instagram feed, and this new Starbucks drink is sweeping through social media.
What’s in the New Orange Drink?
Starbucks debuted Orange Drink a few years ago, but it re-introduced the new version that tastes even better! At Starbucks, the barista created this drink using black tea lemonade, peach tea, and soy milk. To make it at home, here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Black Tea Bags: Any black tea will work, and I used English Breakfast.
- Lemonade: It adds an extra fruity flavor to the drink. You can buy it at your local grocery store or order online from Amazon.
- Peach Juice: Original Starbucks Orange Drink uses peach tea, but I find peach juice adds much sweeter and deeper fruity flavor, and produces that sweet candy flavor to the drink.
- Soy Milk: It adds a natural creaminess to your drink. You can also use coconut milk, almond milk or regular milk. I used unsweetened soy milk, but you can also use sweetened if you want your dink to be extra sweet.
How to Make an Orange Drink at Home
1. Prepare black tea. Pour hot water over the black tea bag.
2. Steep the tea for 3 minutes. Then let it chill in the refrigerator.
3. Add ice to a cocktail shaker, then pour in 1/4 cup of the chilled black tea. (If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use any other large container with a lid that fits the container.)
4. Pour in lemonade and Peach Juice.
5. Pour in soy milk. Secure the lid. Hold the shaker with both hands (one on each piece) and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
6. Fill a glass 3/4 full of ice. Pour the mixture into the glass. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Make sure to chill your tea until it’s cold before making the drink.
- The color of your drink may be slightly different than mine due to the color of your peach juice.
- Serve immediately after you make the drink, otherwise, it will start to separate into two layers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Order an Orange Drink at Starbucks that Tastes Like a Gummy Peach Ring?
To order the “Orange Drink” at Starbucks, simply ask your barista for a Venti-sized half sweet black tea lemonade, half peach juice, then add a splash of soy milk, served over ice.
Is Orange Drink Healthy?
Ingredients such as peach and soy milk are good for you, but a lot of calories of the orange dink are coming from added sugar. If you want to make your orange drink healthier, ask your barista to cut back on the number of pumps in the drink.
Does this Orange Drink Really Taste Like Peach Gummy Rings?
It does taste like peach gummy rings due to the combination of lemonade and peach juice. Most fans commented that this drink is sweet like candy!
Does Orange Drink Have Caffeine in it?
Yes, this drink has caffeine in it and will give you a boost of energy.
Make Your Favorite Starbucks Drinks at Home with These Copycat Recipes
If you’ve tried this Orange Drink, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know. I love hearing from you!
Starbucks Orange Drink Recipe (+VIDEO)
- simple syrup or sugar (I didn't use any simple syrup or sugar in my drink, and I also used unsweetened soy milk, so my drink is not overly sweet. But you can adjust the level of sweetness based on your preference.)
- Place the black tea bag in a cup and add hot water.
- Let the tea steep for 3 minutes and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker, then pour in 1/4 cup of the chilled black tea. (If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use any other large container with a lid that fits the container.)
- Pour in lemonade.
- Add peach juice.
- Pour in soy milk.
- (Optional) Add simple syrup or sugar to taste. Stir to combine. (Add syrup or sugar gradually until it reaches your desired sweetness level).
- Fill a glass 3/4 full of ice. Then pour in the mixture. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- You can make the black tea ahead of the time and then store it in the refrigerator before making the drink.
- The color of your drink may vary due to the color of the peach juice from different brands.