These Air Fryer Pizza Rolls have delicious pepperoni and mozzarella cheese packed in pizza pockets – an instant crowd-pleaser great for appetizer or snack. You can easily make these bite-sized mini pizzas at home from scratch in under 10 minutes. We’ve also included instructions on how to air fry frozen pizza puffs straight from the freezer.
Pizza is a pretty universal food – you can enjoy it as a snack or for any meal. But as convenient
as it is to keep a frozen pizza on hand, sometimes you don’t need a whole pie.
These Pizza Rolls are a great way to get your pizza fix, without having to
worry about finishing a whole pizza so it doesn’t go to waste.
They keep well in the fridge and freeze well too, so you can make them in batches and keep them on hand. This recipe needs just 5 ingredients and is also easily customizable if you want to give a whole new life to your favorite dish.
Ingredients & Substitutes for Air Fryer Pizza Roll-ups
- Pizza Dough: This recipe works well with any kind of pizza dough. Most grocery stores will sell dough either fresh or frozen, but even a refrigerated can like Pillsbury works great. If you have a little extra time, you can make homemade dough.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a key ingredient in preventing your pizza ‘crust’ from getting soggy. You can also use Vegetable Oil.
- Pizza Sauce: You can use any tomato sauce as your base or a labeled ‘Pizza Sauce’ or ‘Marinara Sauce’.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded cheese is always easiest with pizza because it ensures even coverage and takes minimal work. This recipe uses Mozzarella because it’s the classic pizza cheese, but you can always swap it out for your favorite kind!
- Pepperoni: You can always swap it out for other toppings like ham.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls from Scratch
1. Roll the dough out into a 10×14 inch rectangle.
2. Brush the surface with olive oil.
3. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, and leave about a 1-inch gap around the edges
4. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
5. Roll the dough into a tight log starting with the long end.
6. Cut the log into 1-inch slices.
7. Place the pizza rolls into the basket and arrange them about 1/2 inch apart. (you’ll need to cook in batches if necessary.)
8. Set the air fryer temperature to 375ºF, and set the time to 8 minutes. Place the basket in the air fryer and cook the pizza rolls. After 8 minutes, check every 1 minute until the cheese has melted and the dough has cooked through.
Tips for the Best Pizza Rolls Air Fryer
- Roll tightly: Make sure to roll your dough tightly, so that when it comes time to cut your rounds, the ingredients don’t fall out.
- Use oil: Brushing your dough lightly with oil before adding on your toppings will prevent the dough from getting soggy and help it to stick better when rolling.
- Don’t overcrowd: You’ll probably need to cook your Pizza Rolls in batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer, which prevents the heat from dispersing evenly.
- Use parchment paper: As your dough cooks and expands, it will stick to the holes of the tray, making your finished rolls difficult to get out. Avoid having to unstick them by lining the basket with parchment paper before cooking.
Homemade Pizza Dough
As daunting as it may seem, you can make Pizza Dough pretty simply with just flour, yeast, water, salt, sugar, and oil. If you already have these ingredients in your kitchen, and have some extra time, check out this recipe for some ticks and tricks to master an easy Pizza Dough.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Pizza Rolls in An Air Fryer?
You’ll want to start with just 8 minutes in the air fryer for this recipe. Most air fryers don’t require preheating time.
Depending on the model of your air fryer and the sizes of your pizza rolls, you’ll need to adjust time accordingly. Check every minute after the 8-minute mark, to make sure they don’t burn.
What Temperature Do You Cook Pizza Rolls at in An Air Fryer?
I recommend setting the temperature at 375 degrees. It will give you nice cheesy and crispy pizza rolls.
How to Cook Frozen Totino’s Frozen Pizza Puff in Air Fryer?
It takes about 7 minutes to cook Frozen Totino’s Pizza Rolls in the air fryer! All you need to do is pop them in the basket then set the timer. Be sure to pull out the tray and shake them halfway through to get an even cook.
How to Store Pizza Rolls?
Cover the leftover pizza rolls with plastic wrap and they’ll last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Cooked pizza rolls freeze well and they’ll last up to 3 months in the freezer.
If You Like This Recipe Try Out These Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Air Fryer Pizza Rolls turn out in the comments below!
Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 pound pizza dough (or 1 can refrigerated pizza dough)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (plus more for dipping)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup pepperoni
- parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Roll the dough out into a 10×14 inch rectangle. (You can use the homemade or store-bought dough for this recipe)
- Brush the surface with olive oil.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough. (Leave about a 1-inch gap around the edges).
- Top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Roll the dough into a tight log starting with the long end.
- Place the log seam-side facing down and cut it into 1-inch slices. (You can place the log onto a baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes. This will make slicing much easier, and it's an optioanl step.)
- Place the pizza rolls into the basket and arrange them about 1/2 inch apart. (you’ll need to cook in batches if necessary.)
- Set the temperature to 375ºF and set the time to 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, check every 1 minute until the cheesy has melted and the dough is cooked through.
- Brushing the dough with oil will help prevent your rolls from getting soggy.
- Make sure you roll your dough very tightly so that they won’t fall apart when you slice them into smaller pieces.
- Avoid overcrowding the basket, and cook in batches if needed.