We’ve collected 40 of the Best Breakfast Ideas for Kids. From breakfast pizza to croissant boats to egg muffins, these quick and easy kid-friendly breakfast recipes will brighten your morning and make your picky eaters happy!
What Can I Give My Child for Breakfast or Brunch?
Whether your child is a picky eater or craving a huge breakfast, there are options available for both! To keep things on the simple side, cook up some crepes, pancakes, or a parfait. If you’d prefer a more comforting meal, you can make a French toast breakfast casserole, tater tot casserole, or chicken and waffles.
What is the Best Breakfast to Cook with Kids?
If you have kids, you know that their attention spans can be a bit shorter. That means you’ll want to choose a dish that is easy and fun to make. From breakfast pizza to fruity pebble bowls and peanut butter cheerio bars, there are many options that your kids will be happy to help out!
Popular Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- French Toast Breakfast Casserole: With a sweet custard topping, blueberries and cinnamon, this French toast dish is loaded with flavor and easy to make! Serve it fresh out of the oven or make it ahead of time!
- Easy Crepes: Made with some simple ingredients, these crepes always turn out thin and tasty with crispy edges! They taste just like the authentic ones from your favorite French restaurant.
- Breakfast Sausage: Time to skip the premade sausage and make some of your own! This recipe will walk you through each step to make perfectly seasoned sausage.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole: Whether you’re serving a crowd or a small hungry family, this is the one for you! Tater Tot breakfast casserole breakfast is loaded with cheese, veggies, meats, and eggs! Enjoy!
- Breakfast Quiche: Breakfast quiche is perfect to make-ahead, which means that it makes those busy mornings a tad easier! Simply heat it up and enjoy! Plus, you can tailor the recipe to your own taste.
- English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich: Filled with eggs, bacon, cheese, and ham, this An English muffin sandwich is so delicious and great for those busy mornigns. You could also leave the meat out and have a vegetarian breakfast sandwich.
- Breakfast Burrito: Loaded with spicy sausage, eggs, cheese, and a tomato avocado salsa, a breakfast burrito is sure to kickstart your morning.
- Breakfast Tacos: Quick and delicious any time of day! Simply add your favorite vegetables, meat, sauces, and guacamole to the flour tortilla, and you’ll have a complete meal!
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole: This may just be the best casserole recipe ever! It’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients: frozen hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese!
- Breakfast Strata: Gone are the days of eating eggs, bacon, and cheese on their own, and enter breakfast strata! With only 10 minutes of prep, this dish is perfect for a weekend gathering, lazy Sundays or those days you’re craving something a bit different.
- American Omelet : If you’ve failed at making omelets before, now is your chance to make it right! With this recipe you’ll be able to make an easy breakfast in the morning that’s completely foolproof!
- Easy Breakfast Quesadilla: Filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, veggies and cheddar cheese, breakfast quesadillas are an easy choice! Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, it won’t disappoint you.
Fun Breakfast Recipes for Kids (for Picky Eaters)
- Bacon Egg Cheese Breakfast Pizza: Tell the kids it’s pizza time! Forget the dinner leftovers for breakfast and try this recipe instead! It’s a homemade crust topped with eggs, bacon, and cheese. You really can’t go wrong!
- Almond Bear Claw Donuts: Are you ready to make your own pastries at home? Well, prepare yourself then! These almond bear claws are flaky, delectable, and perfectly sweet.
- Holiday Breakfast Croissant Boats: Holiday breakfast croissant boats are a fun and new way to enjoy your breakfast. Made with eggs, ham and cheese baked right into flaky croissants. All that yummy goodness comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Cannoli French Toast Roll-Ups: Crispy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside! Cannoli French toast roll-ups are ready with just 15 minutes. Filled with ricotta cheese, chocolate chips, and topped with cinnamon and powdered sugar – it’s one of our favorite breakfast recipes!
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal Bowls: Remember those times you told your kids to stop playing with their food? Throw that rule right out the window and make these fruity pebble cereal bowls. All it takes is three ingredients, plus you kids can use them to hold ice cream or snacks too.
- Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole: Crescent roll breakfast casserole is one of the easiest make-ahead breakfast recipes. With only 5 ingredients, and a ton of cheese – your family will be asking for this dish again and again!
- Breakfast Parfait: Looking for something light? Then opt for these breakfast parfaits! It’s easily one of the best ways to get some nutrients into your kids in the morning. Fruit, yogurt, and oats, what more could you ask for?
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars: Peanut butter cheerio bars are a recipe your kids will want to try themselves. Perfect as a quick snack afterschool, this treat requires just three ingredients and no baking. Add in some caramel and chocolate chips for extra flavors.
- Waffle Roll-up Cake: This recipe takes your love for waffles to a new level. Fill your waffles with whipped cream and strawberries, than roll them up for a beautiful and delicious breakfast.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Kids
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins: You don’t have to tell the kids, but these blueberry muffins are…healthy! Perfectly moist, fluffy, and full of flavor too!
- Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Copycat: These egg bites are healthy, flavorful, and just like the ones from Starbucks! Simply make these ahead of time, and let your kids grab them as they head out the door!
- Healthy Granola Breakfast Pie: Pie for breakfast? You got it! Made with granola, peanut butter, almonds, cinnamon, yogurt, berries, and nuts, this granola breakast pie is healthy, delicious, and fun to eat.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: Made with sweet potatoes, kale, bacon, and veggies – this sweet potato breakfast hash is quick and easy to make. It’s hearty, delicious, and loaded with flavors.
Toddler Breakfast Ideas
- Fluffy Griddle Pancakes: The title says it all! These griddle pancakes are fluffy! With this step-by-step guide, you can make this dish for those picky toddlers with ease. Serve them with fruit, syrup, or jam.
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Egg Muffins: If you are planning for a busy week – stop here! This egg muffins are a perfect make-ahead recipe and freezer-friendly. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a breakfast meal ready for the whole week.
- Bread Pudding: Both kids and adults will love this recipe! It’s comforting, creamy, and moist. Serve it warm and it wil soon become your family favorite.
- Berry Banana Breakfast Smoothies: Why eat breakfast when you can drink it? Or why not just do both?! Here’s one that especially good for those hectic mornings. It’s vegan, full of fruits and bursting with flavor.
- Make Ahead Overnight Breakfast Oats: It’s a foolproof recipe that will start your mornings off right. You’ll learn how to make basic overnight oats with tips on how to make bigger batches too!
- How to Make Breakfast Oatmeal: Choose your oats and let’s get cooking! With only 4 ingredients, you can make a simple breakfast customized to your tastes or in this case – your toddlers!
- Deviled Eggs: Ready in just 20 minutes, deviled eggs are the perfect finger food! It features a creamy filling filled perfectly in a smooth egg white.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Cookies: Don’t worry, cookies for breakfast aren’t all that bad! This recipe provides you with 6 different healthy options. From banana bread to tropical and chocolate peanut butter – there’s an option for everyone.
- No Bake Energy Balls (Finger Food for Toddlers): No bake energy balls are healthy and so easy to make. They’re soft, chewy, and delicious. Great for breakfast and snacks.
Easy Back-to-School Breakfast Ideas
- Buttermilk Biscuits (Popeyes Copycat): Gone are the days where you must make a pitstop at Popeyes just for their biscuits. Enter in the time where you can make these delicious things right at home – with ease too! Serve them with your favorite jam. So good!
- McDonalds’ Sausage Egg McMuffin Copycat Recipe: Who can’t get enough of McDonald’s breakfasts? In this copycat recipe you’ll be able to make your own sausage egg mcmuffin at home! The best part? You get to skip those long drive-thru lines.
- Breakfast Bagel: You can’t go wrong with a classic breakfast like bagels! Here you will find 15 ideas on what to do with your bagels. From sandwiches to healthy options and bagel bites too.
- Chicken and Waffles: Would you be surprised to learn that chicken and waffles started in Chicago? With this recipe, not only will you get a bit of a history lesson but step by step guide too.
- iHop French Toast Copycat Recipe: Love iHop but not the prices? Then here’s a solution for you. This copycat French toast is so buttery and delicious, just as good as the ones from iHop. All that’s missing is your favorite toppings!
- Scrambled Eggs on Toast: This scrambled egg toast dish is so simple to make, you can get your kids to help with it! They’re filling, tasty and comforting! The twist?
You May Also Like
40 Best Breakfast Ideas for Kids (Easy Breakfast Pizza and More Recipes)
- a package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Whisk eggs and water in a mixing bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- Once hot, pour in the egg mixture. Cook for a few minutes and scramble the eggs using a spatula.
- Roll out the pizza dough, and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or pizza pan.
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil evenly over the dough. Then add mozzarella cheese on top of the surface.
- Sprinkle scrambled eggs and bacon bits evenly on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy!