Viva Las Vegas Bomb! This electrifying cocktail is made from Royal Flush Shot and Red Bull energy drink. You can make this perfect party drink at home and impress friends and family with your bartending skills. Watch video to see how to make this vegas bomb shot recipe!
Like all “bomb” cocktails, this drink is served as a single shot that is dropped into a larger glass filled with another drink. After you drop the shot, the whole thing is chugged – and the party begins!
What is a Vegas Bomb Drink?
A Vegas Bomb cocktail is made by dropping a Royal Flush Shot into a glass of Red Bull energy drink. A Royal Flush shot is a fruity mix of Crown Royal Whisky, Peach Schnapps and Cranberry juice. The Royal Flush is a popular drink at poker tables and casinos in Las Vegas, so it’s no surprise that it’s an essential ingredient for a Vegas Bomb.
Vegas Bomb Ingredients & Substitutes
- Crown Royal Whisky: It’s a blended Canadian whiskey first introduced in 1939. This whiskey is full-bodied and smooth with hints of oak and vanilla. You can also sub another Whisky.
- Peach Schnapps: It’s a deliciously fruity clear liqueur made from peaches. Packed with fragrant peach flavor, it’s a popular ingredient in may cocktails. You can also use Butterscotch Schnapps.
- Cranberry Juice: It’s a popular chaser that goes well with most liquors, adding a nice pink color to the drink.
- Red Bull: Arguably the world’s most popular energy drink, Red Bull has been known to give Vegas partygoers the energy they need to dance all night. You can sub other energy drink for this recipe.
How to Make Vegas Bomb
Make Royal Flush Shot
- Pour crown royal whisky into a shot glass.
- Add peach schnapps and cranberry juice into the glass. Set it aside.
Add Red Bull Drink to a Large Glass
- Prepare a highball glass.
- Fill it halfway with Red Bull.
Make A Vegas Bomb
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull. (You’ll see some liquid splashing out of the glass!)
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Pro Tips: Don’t drop the shot glass from too high, otherwise, you could break the glass. We also recommend making this drink outdoors or in the kitchen where the mess can be easily cleaned.
Vegas Bomb vs Johnny Vegas Shot
Don’t confuse the Vegas Bomb with a Johnny Vegas Shot. The latter is a potent shot made from ingredients like gold tequila and watermelon schnapps. Another key difference is that the Vegas Bomb is made by dunking a shot into a larger glass of Red Bull, while the Johnny Vegas is a shot taken straight to the head.
What Does a Vegas Bomb Cocktail Taste Like?
This Vegas Bomb has a very nice flavor that’s sweet, slightly tangy and refreshing. You can taste the whiskey with fruity untertones of peach and the familiar flavor of Red Bull.
Can I Make a Vegas Bomb Drink Without Butterscotch?
Yes, this Vegas Bomb recipe calls for Peach Schnapps, although some other versions are made with Butterscotch Schnapps. It really depends on the flavor you’re looking for and what you can source at your local liquor store. Either peach or butterscotch is fine for this cocktail.
What are the Other Energy Drinks I Can Use Besides Red Bull?
We like using Red Bull, but you can definitely substitute for another energy drink if you prefer. Vegas Bomb Cocktails can be made using Monster, Rock Star or another energy drink of your preference.
If You Love This Recipe Try These Out
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Vegas Bomb turns out!
Vegas Bomb Shot Recipe (+VIDEO)
- Pour crown royal whisky, schnapps, and cranberry juice into a shot glass. Set it aside. (You don't have to measure them, just eyeball the measurements. Each ingredient should be about 1/3 of a shot glass.)
- Fill a large glass halfway with red bull.
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull. (To make less splash, you can drop the shot right above the glass.)
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Don’t drop the shot glass too hard, otherwise, you could break the glass.
- This drink is supposed to create some mess with a lot of fun. We recommend making it outdoors or where the mess can be easily cleaned.