Viva Las Vegas Bomb! This electrifying cocktail is made from Royal Flush Shot and Red Bull energy drink. You can make this perfect party drink at home and impress friends and family with your bartending skills. Watch video to see how to make this fun vegas bomb shot recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like all “bomb” cocktails, this drink is served as a single shot that is dropped into a larger glass filled with another drink. After you drop the shot, the whole thing is chugged – and the party begins!
What Is A Vegas Bomb Drink?
A Vegas Bomb cocktail is made by dropping a Royal Flush Shot into a glass of Red Bull energy drink. A Royal Flush shot is a fruity mix of Crown Royal Whisky, Peach Schnapps and Cranberry juice. The Royal Flush is a popular drink at poker tables and casinos in Las Vegas, so it’s no surprise that it’s an essential ingredient for a Vegas Bomb.
What Makes Vegas Bomb So Special?
The Vegas Bomb is a popular cocktail that has taken the world by storm with its sweet, fruity taste and potent kick. It’s a great drink when you want to get the party started or pregame for a night out with friends.
The cocktail is made with a combination of whiskey, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and energy drink. The whiskey provides the kick, while the peach schnapps and cranberry juice give the drink a sweet and fruity flavor. The energy drink adds a caffeine boost, so it’s perfect if you want to stay up and party all night.
What Does A Vegas Bomb Cocktail Taste Like?
This Vegas Bomb has a very nice flavor that’s sweet, slightly tangy and refreshing. You can taste the whiskey with fruity untertones of peach and the familiar flavor of Red Bull.
Vegas Bomb Ingredients & Substitutes
- Crown Royal Whisky: It’s a blended Canadian whiskey first introduced in 1939. This whiskey is full-bodied and smooth with hints of oak and vanilla. You can also sub another Whisky.
- Peach Schnapps: It’s a deliciously fruity clear liqueur made from peaches. Packed with fragrant peach flavor, it’s a popular ingredient in may cocktails. You can also use Butterscotch Schnapps.
- Cranberry Juice: It’s a popular chaser that goes well with most liquors, adding a nice pink color to the drink.
- Red Bull: Arguably the world’s most popular energy drink, Red Bull has been known to give Vegas partygoers the energy they need to dance all night. You can sub other energy drink for this recipe.
How To Make Vegas Bomb (Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos)
Make Royal Flush Shot
- Pour crown royal whisky into a shot glass.
- Add peach schnapps and cranberry juice into the glass. Set it aside.
Add Red Bull Drink To A Large Glass
- Prepare a highball glass.
- Fill it halfway with Red Bull.
Make A Vegas Bomb
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull. (You’ll see some liquid splashing out of the glass!)
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Pro Tips: Don’t drop the shot glass from too high, otherwise, you could break the glass. We also recommend making this drink outdoors or in the kitchen where the mess can be easily cleaned.
Tips And Tricks For Making Vegas Bomb
- The key to making a perfect Vegas Bomb is to use the right ingredients in the right proportions. You should use equal parts whiskey, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice, and add just enough energy drink to give it a slight fizz.
- Make sure to use quality ingredients. Always use good quality whiskey, fresh cranberry juice, and a good energy drink. Using inferior ingredients can ruin the taste of the drink.
Equipment You’ll Need
To make a perfect Vegas Bomb, you will need a shot glass and a highball glass. You’ll also need a shaker, a strainer, and a spoon to mix the ingredients.
How To Serve Vegas Bomb (How To Drink Vegas Bomb)
Start by pouring the whiskey, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice into a shaker. Shake well, strain the mixture into the shot glass, and set it aside. Next, pour the energy drink into the highball glass. When you’re ready to drink, drop the shot glass into the highball glass and down it quickly.
Variations: Ways To Customize Vegas Bombs
The Vegas Bomb is a versatile cocktail that can be customized to suit your taste. Here are some fun variations to try:
- Strawberry Vegas Bomb: Substitute cranberry juice with strawberry syrup for a sweeter taste.
- Blue Vegas Bomb: Add blue curacao to the mix for a cool blue color.
- Irish Vegas Bomb: Use Irish whiskey instead of regular whiskey for a different taste.
Vegas Bomb Vs Johnny Vegas Shot
Don’t confuse the Vegas Bomb with a Johnny Vegas Shot. The latter is a potent shot made from ingredients like gold tequila and watermelon schnapps. Another key difference is that the Vegas Bomb is made by dunking a shot into a larger glass of Red Bull, while the Johnny Vegas is a shot taken straight to the head.
Can I Make A Vegas Bomb Drink Without Butterscotch?
Yes, this Vegas Bomb recipe calls for Peach Schnapps, although some other versions are made with Butterscotch Schnapps. It really depends on the flavor you’re looking for and what you can source at your local liquor store. Either peach or butterscotch is fine for this cocktail.
What Are The Other Energy Drinks I Can Use Besides Red Bull?
We like using Red Bull, but you can definitely substitute for another energy drink if you prefer. Vegas Bomb Cocktails can be made using Monster, Rock Star or another energy drink of your preference.
What’s the Difference Between a Jager Bomb and a Vegas Bomb?
The Jager Bomb is made with Jagermeister and energy drink, while the Vegas Bomb is made with whiskey, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, and energy drink.
Are Vegas Bombs Strong?
Yes, Vegas Bombs are strong due to the combination of whiskey and energy drink. Drink this cocktail in moderation.
What’s the Best Glassware to Use for Vegas Bomb?
The best glassware for Vegas Bomb is a highball glass and a shot glass.
What’s the Best Way to Drop Shot into the Glass?
Hold the shot glass over the highball glass and drop it in quickly. You can also use a spoon to drop it in slowly to avoid spilling.
Will this Drink Make a Mess?
If you drop the shot glass too hard or too quickly, it’ll cause a spill. To avoid making a mess,be careful when dropping the shot glass into the highball glass.
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Vegas Bomb turns out!
You May Also Like
Vegas Bomb Shot Recipe (+VIDEO)
- Pour crown royal whisky, schnapps, and cranberry juice into a shot glass. Set it aside. (You don't have to measure them, just eyeball the measurements. Each ingredient should be about 1/3 of a shot glass.)
- Fill a large glass halfway with red bull.
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull. (To make less splash, you can drop the shot right above the glass.)
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Don’t drop the shot glass too hard, otherwise, you could break the glass.
- This drink is supposed to create some mess with a lot of fun. We recommend making it outdoors or where the mess can be easily cleaned.