Strawberry Hennessy is the flavor combo you never knew you needed. The rich, smooth taste of cognac, paired with bubbly champagne and sweet strawberry syrup is incredibly refreshing and delicious. If you like to get lit with a fruity margarita cocktail, you’re sure to enjoy this one!
Featured on 20+ Great Cocktails to Make at Home or Order at A Restaurant
Many people enjoy Hennessy on the rocks or as a shot, but it’s also great for cocktails. Skip the bar and whip up this fruity drink at home. You don’t need advanced bartending skills for this simple mix.
What Is Strawberry Hennessy?
Though there’s no official strawberry variation of Hennessy, bartenders have been mixing the popular cognac with fruit for quite some time. The sweet-yet-tangy taste of strawberries goes well with the smooth oak and vanilla flavors of cognac. Strawberry and “Henny” can be combined to make delicious margaritas and other cocktails.
What Is Hennessy Cognac?
Hennessy cognac is a type of brandy produced in the Cognac region of France. It’s made from grapes that are fermented and distilled, then aged in oak barrels. The aging process gives Hennessy its distinct flavor and aroma, which is characterized by notes of vanilla, oak, and caramel.
What Does Strawberry Hennessy Margarita Taste Like?
A Strawberry Hennessy Margarita is exactly what you need on vacation (or when you feel like you need a vacation!). It’s a fruity, summery drink that’s both sweet and tangy, thanks to the strawberries. You’ll be making your own syrup with fresh berries for an authentic fruity flavor.
What Else Can You Mix With Hennessy?
Hennessy tastes great when mixed with many drinks or juices. Some of our favorites include pineapple juice, cranberry juice, orange juice, ginger ale, or even coco cola. You can also add it to other cocktails. Check out our 7 Best Hennessy Cocktails.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Hennessy: Use your favorite version of this famous cognac. Hennessey VS or Hennessey Black are more affordable options if you don’t want to use the top shelf stuff for cocktails.
- Champagne: Use whichever bubbly you prefer for this drink. If you like, substitute with Prosecco or sparkling wine.
- Strawberry Syrup: For the best taste, make your own strawberry syrup using fresh strawberries, sugar, and water. You can use a store-bought option but try to avoid using artificially flavored bartender’s syrups.
- Fresh Strawberries and Lemon: For garnish.
How To Make Strawberry Hennessy (Step-By-Step Instructions With Photos)
Step 1: Make Strawberry Syrup
- Prepare the strawberries by removing green leaves and cut them into slices.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add strawberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the strawberries using a blender. I used an Immersion Blender.
- Strain the strawberry syrup through a sieve, and let it chill.
Step 2: Make Strawberry Hennessy Cocktail
- In a cocktail glass, add ice and fresh strawberries.
- Pour in Hennessy, Champagne, and strawberry syrup. Mix gently. Serve and enjoy!
Tips For The Perfect Strawberry Hennessy
- A homemade strawberry sauce will definitely give you the best Strawberry Hennessy cocktail. Be sure to make it ahead of time so that it’s nice and cool before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can customize the level of sweetness and of your drink. Start with less amount of syrup and slowly add more. Taste and adjust for the perfect flavor.
- Use Stevia for a healthier drink.
How To Store Strawberry Hennessy
To store Strawberry Hennessy, you should first transfer it to a container with a tight-fitting lid. This will help to keep the cocktail fresh and prevent it from spilling. Store the container in the fridge until you’re ready to serve the cocktail.
- Strawberry Pineapple Hennessy Cocktail: Make a strawberry pineapple sauce by adding pineapple chunks, strawberry slices, sugar, and water to a saucepan. Use this syrup instead of strawberry syrup in the recipe.
- Strawberry Lemonade Hennessy: Simply add some lemonade into your drink.
- Strawberry Hennessy Island: Combine 10 oz Hennessey, ½ oz lime juice, ½ oz triple sec, and ½ oz Blue Curacao. Stir in strawberry syrup and serve over ice.
Can I Make Strawberry Hennessy with Other Brandy Brands?
While Hennessy is the preferred brand of cognac for this cocktail, feel free to make it with other brands of cognac or even other types of brandy. However, the flavor and texture may differ slightly.
How to Slice Strawberries for This Hennessy Cocktail?
To make a delicious Strawberry Hennessy cocktail, you will need to slice fresh strawberries. The best way to do this is to first remove the stem and leaves,then, slice the strawberries into thin pieces using a sharp knife.
What’s the Best Way to Measure Hennessy?
When measuring Hennessy for a cocktail, it’s important to use the correct amount to ensure that the cocktail is balanced and delicious. The best way to measure Hennessy is to use a jigger, which is a small measuring cup used in bartending. A standard jigger measures 1.5 ounces of liquid.
Can I Mix Hennessy and Tequila?
We wouldn’t recommend mixing Hennesy and tequila because these two spirits have totally different flavors and textures. Together, they’ll create an unbalanced and unpleasant cocktail.
Does Hennessy Have a Strawberry Flavor?
Hennessy does not have a strawberry flavor, but it pairs well with the sweetness of fresh strawberries to create a delicious cocktail.
Does the Mixture of Apple Juice and Hennessy Taste Good?
Apple juice and Hennessy are a delicious combination, as the sweetness of the juice pairs well with the richness of the cognac. However, the exact taste may vary depending on the proportions of each ingredient used.
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Strawberry Hennessy Drink turns out in the comments below!
You May Also Like
- Best Margarita Recipes (Simple Margarita Drinks You Can Make at Home)
- Best Fruity Drinks
- Best Blue Curaçao Drinks
- Best Triple Sec Cocktail Drinks
- Popular Prosecco Cocktails
The Best Strawberry Hennessy Recipe
- 2 oz Hennessy
- 4 oz champagne
- 2 oz strawberry syrup (you can use store-bought or make your own at home, see below)
- fresh lemon and strawberries for garnishing
- 3/4 pound strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Make the Strawberry Syrup
- Prepare the strawberries by removing green leaves and cut them into thin slices.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add strawberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, turn the heat down and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Blend the strawberries with a blender. (I used an immersion blender).
- Strain the strawberry syrup through a sieve. (Make sure not to press the strawberries too hard, so your drink can stay clear.)
- Let it chill.
Make Strawberry Hennessy Cocktail
- In a cocktail glass, add ice and fresh strawberries.
- Pour in pour in Hennessy, Champagne, and strawberry syrup. Mix gently. Serve and enjoy!
- To prevent your drink from getting cloudy, don’t press the strawberries into the syrup too hard.
- You can customize the level of sweetness of your drink. Start with less amount of strawberry syrup and slowly add more. Taste and adjust for the perfect flavor.
- Pour the champagne into the glass slowly to prevent it from overflowing.
Very nice. Really like it
Hi Hasan, glad that you like the recipe. Thanks for letting me know