This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Create a fun and energetic atmosphere with this Jäger Bomb recipe! This Jägermeister bomb shot is known for its ability to get a party started immediately when a shot glass of Jägermeister is dropped into a larger glass of Red Bull energy drink!
This electrifying cocktail recipe is incredibly easy. Made with just 2 ingredients, this drink is super fun at parties. After a shot glass is filled with Jägermeister, you’ll get excited to watch it bomb away into an awaiting glass of Red Bull energy drink. It creates a lively fizz and the splash. Be prepared to party all night!
Another great thing about this recipe? It gives you a caffeine boost from the energy drink, making you extra alert. The energy drink also adds a nice sweetness, while Jägermeister has a complex flavor of herbs, spices, and citrus. Every bartender knows this popular drink, and it’s a popular choice at bars, clubs, or parties. Now you can make it at home with this simple recipe!
Watch Jäger Bomb Video Recipe
Related: If you like this Jäger Bomb drink, check out my Vegas Bomb recipe.
What’s in a Jäger Bomb?
This cocktail consists of 2 ingredients with 2 very distinctive flavors coming together. Interestingly enough, this Jäger Bomb always reminds me of the taste of bubblegum. Try it for yourself!
- Jägermeister – This German concoction was first developed in 1934 and its recipe has not changed since. It’s made with a special blend of 56 herbs, fruits, roots and spices, including cloves, juniper berries and citrus peel.
- Red Bull – The world’s most popular energy drink, providing a caffeine boost and making Jäger Bombs popular in nightlife and parties, especially when you are looking for a stimulating alcoholic drink.
The full recipe with measurements is at the bottom of the post.
Jäger Bomb Recipe Tips
- Chill your ingredients. The COLD ingredients create a more enjoyable drink – making it extra refreshing and crisp. I usually store Jägermeister and the energy drink in the fridge 3-4 hours before making this cocktail. If you forget to chill them ahead of time, don’t worry. I have a helpful trick for you: Just wet a paper towel and wrap it around your bottles. Place them in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes. They’ll come out nicely chilled!
- Use the right glassware. Choose the thick and sturdy glassware that can withstand the dropping of a shot glass into a larger glass. In addition, the larger glass should be large enough to hold both the shot glass and the energy drink without overflowing.
- Pour and drop carefully. Don’t fill the shot glass to the brim. Leave some room at the top of the shot glass to avoid spillage. Then drop the shot glass right above the larger glass – don’t drop it from too high as it could break the glass.
- Prepare enough napkins. The Jäger bomb is supposed to create some mess and this is part of the fun! Just have enough napkins for your guests to quickly clean up any spills.
Jäger bomb is supposed to be consumed immediately after the shot glass is dropped into the energy drink. The splash and fizz creates a lively and dynamic atmosphere, and you can experience the full effect when drinking it right away. Note: This combo packs a serious punch, so enjoy it responsibly.
When to serve Jäger bomb? This is a popular choice at nightclubs and bars. I like to serve it at parties and celebrations when I want to create a fun and lively environment. You can also serve it at sports events, tailgating parties or college events when you need an energetic atmosphere.
More Fun Cocktail Recipes
If you love this Jäger Bomb recipe, try one of these fun cocktail recipes next:
- Strawberry Hennessy Drink
- Jungle Juice for a Crowd
- Screwball Drink
- Pink Starburst Shot
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot
If you have extra Jägermeister left from your party, check out these Jägermeister Drink recipes.
Jäger Bomb Recipe (+VIDEO)
- Pour well-chilled Jägermeister into a shot glass and set it aside. Leave some room at the top of the shot glass to avoid spillage.
- Fill a tall glass halfway with chilled red bull.
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull. Don’t drop the shot glass from too high, otherwise, you could break the glass.
- Serve and enjoy immediately. Jager Bomb is supposed to create some mess with a lot of fun. Just provide enough napkins to your guests!
- *Jäger Bomb with Beer: This drink can be made with beer instead of Red Bull if you prefer. Simply drop a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of your favorite beer, and bottom’s up!
- How Many Jäegarbomb Will Make You Drunk? Despite its popularity as a party drink, the Jager Bomb is not as potent as many other cocktails, especially if made with Red Bull instead of beer. It’s very easy to go overboard with this drink, so bear in mind that 2-3 of them will leave you sufficiently buzzed.