Jager Bomb or Jägerbomb is a simple cocktail that takes 3 minutes to make, but don’t underestimate its ability to get a party started! Every bartender knows this popular drink and it has only 2 ingredients – Jägermeister shot and Red Bull energy drink.
Like all “bomb” cocktails (think Vegas Bomb and Sake Bomb), the Jäegarbomb is made by dropping a shot of hard liquor (the bomb) into a larger glass filled with some other liquid. In this case, that liquid is Red Bull, so be prepared to party all night.
This combo packs a serious punch, so enjoy it responsibly.
What is a Jager Bomb?
This electrifying cocktail is deceptively simple. Made with just 2 ingredients plus a bit of fanfare, this drink is super fun at parties. Simply fill a shot glass with good ol’ Jägermeister, and it bombs away into an awaiting glass of Red Bull energy drink.
What’s in a Jager Bomb? (Only 2 Ingredients)
- Jägermeister: this German concoction was first developed in 1934 and its recipe has not changed since. It’s made with a special blend of 56 herbs, fruits, roots and spices, including cloves, juniper berries and citrus peel.
- Red Bull: the world’s most popular energy drink, loved by college students and party animals alike.
How to Make a Jager Bomb Recipe
1. Pour Jagermeister into a shot glass.
2. Fill a tall glass halfway with the red bull energy drink.
3. Drop the shot into the glass of red bull.
4. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Pro Tip: Don’t drop the shot glass from too high as it could break the glass. Jägerbomb is also supposed to create some mess with a lot of fun. We recommend making it outdoors or where the mess can be easily cleaned.
What Does a Jager Bomb Shot Taste Like?
This cocktail consists of two very distinctive flavors coming together. Interestingly enough, many reported that a Jager Bomb reminds them of the taste of bubblegum. Try it for yourself!
Jager Bomb with Beer
Jager bombs can be made with beer instead of Red Bull if you prefer. Simply drop a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of your favorite beer, and bottom’s up!
How Many Jäegarbomb Will Make You Drunk?
Despite its popularity as a party drink, the Jager Bomb is not as potent as many other cocktails, especially if made with Red Bull instead of beer. It’s very easy to go overboard with this drink, so bear in mind that 2-3 of them will leave you sufficiently buzzed.
How to Use Jager Bomb Cups?
Jäger Bomb cups are designed to make the perfect shot every single time. It’s made with an inner chamber to hold the shot and an outer chamber for the Red Bull or beer. These disposable bomb cups will eliminate the risk of breaking glass while making this cocktail.
More Cocktail Recipes
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Jager Bomb turns out!
Jager Bomb Recipe (+VIDEO)
- Pour Jagermeister into a shot glass. Set it aside.
- Fill a tall glass halfway with red bull.
- Drop the shot into the glass of red bull.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Don’t drop the shot glass from too high, otherwise, you could break the glass.
- Jager Bomb is supposed to create some mess with a lot of fun. We recommend making it outdoors or where the mess can be easily cleaned.