Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot is an adult version of your favorite childhood cereal, in shot form. The base of this delicious alcoholic drink is RumChata and Fireball Whiskey, served in shot glasses rimmed with crushed cinnamon toast cereal. Sweet, boozy, and creamy with a nice cinnamon flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Believe it or not, when you combine Rumchata and Fireball Whiskey, it tastes just like cinnamon toast crunch cereal with milk!
It’s perfectly smooth, sweet, boozy and creamy with the right amount of cinnamon. Enjoy this treat in a shot glass, or over ice as a tasty dessert cocktail! Great for Happy Hours, after dinner, or late evenings.
If you’ve never had a cinnamon toast crunch shot before, it’s all about indulging nostalgia, which will take you back to your happy childhood, enjoying a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal at breakfast. To take it a step further, we rimmed the edges of the shot glass with the crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal for maximum enjoyment!
What is RumChata?
RumChata is a rum-based cream liqueur with vanilla and cinnamon flavors. It features distilled Caribbean rum and is manufactured in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. Since its launch in 2009, it has become a top seller in its category. The name is intended to reflect a mix of rum and horchata.
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
- RumChata: I love RumChata as it’s one of the best-tasting cream liquor. Made with Caribbean Rum and real dairy cream, it’s smooth and creamy with a perfect amount of cinnamon flavor.
- Fireball Whiskey: Fireball is a classic choice for this recipe as it has cinnamon flavoring and sweeteners.
- Simple Syrup: We use syrup to wet the shot glass so it’ll be sticky. You can use store-bought version or make your own by bringing equal parts sugar and water to a boil in a pot. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and let it chill.
- Cinnamon toast crunch cereal: We use the crushed cinnamon toast cereal to rim the edges. Alternatively, you can use cinnamon sugar for this recipe.
Storage tip: There’s no need to refrigerate RumChata or whiskey, whether it’s sealed or already opened. Keep them tightly closed and store in a cool, dark area. The ideal storage temp is between 50-75°F (10-24°C), so a cabinet in the pantry or kitchen is all you need.
How to make cinnamon toast crunch shot
- Place cinnamon toast crunch cereal in a zip-top bag. Crush them into crumbs with a rolling pin. Then pour the crumbs onto a small plate.
- Wet the rim of the shot glass with simple syrup, and then lower rim into the crushed cereal and rotate until covered. Set the shot glasses aside.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker, and then pour in RumChata and Fireball.
- Secure the lid. Hold the shaker with both hands and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain into the rimmed shot glasses.
RumChata to Fireball ratio
Traditionally cinnamon toast crunch shot has equal parts of RumChata and Fireball whiskey, and I love my shot with this 1:1 ratio. You can adjust the ratio to your own preference.
Pro tip: The color of your drink becomes darker and the flavor gets sweeter as you increase the amount of Fireball whiskey.
Cinnamon toast crunch pudding shot
A fun twist to this recipe is to make it into a cinnamon toast crunch pudding shot. Just add vanilla pudding mix, milk, RumChata and Fireball to a bowl and mix together. Pour into shot glasses and refrigerate for 2 hours.
How to serve cinnamon toast crunch shot
To serve a cinnamon toast crunch shot, moisten the rims of shot glasses and then dip the rims in cinnamon sugar. Shake and strain the RumChata and fireball whiskey mixture into these shot glasses. Add a bit of whipped cream on top if desired. Then serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some other drinks you can make with Fireball?
- Mix Fireball with caramel apple liqueur and apple juice for a Caramel Apple Fireball.
- Mix with sangria and fruit juice for a Fireball Sangria.
- Mix with hot apple cider for a Hot Fireball Apple Cider.
- Mix with vanilla vodka and orange apple juice for an Apple Pie on the Rock.
What else is good to mix with RumChata?
- Mix RumChata and Kahlua for a delicious Cinnamon Roll Cocktail.
- Mix with hot chocolate for a Cinnamon Hot Chocolate With RumChata.
- Mix with cold brew coffee for a RumChata Spiked Coffee.
- Mix with ice cream for a RumChata Milkshake.
Other shot recipes for you to try
Please let me know how your cinnamon toast crunch shot turns out in the comments below!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot Recipe
- 4 oz Rumchata
- 2 oz Fireball Whiskey
- simple syrup
- cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- To make crushed cereal rim: Place cinnamon toast crunch cereal in a zip-top bag. Crush them into crumbs with a rolling pin. Then pour the crumbs onto a small plate.
- Wet the rim of the shot glass with simple syrup.
- Lower rim into the crushed cereal and rotate until fully covered. Set aside.
- To make the shot: Add ice to a cocktail shaker, and then pour in RumChata and Fireball.
- Secure the lid. Hold the shaker with both hands (one on each piece) and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the rimmed shot glasses. Serve and enjoy!
- You can add more Fireball if preferred. Note that the color will get darker and as you add more fireball whiskey. It will also become sweeter.
- Feel free to add more simple syrup for an extra kick/sweetness if desired.