Ground venison is a healthy alternative to ground beef. We’ve rounded up the 10 Best Ground Venison Recipes that are delicious and easy to make at home. Whether you’re craving burgers, chili, or casserole, you’ll fall in love with this budget-friendly deer’s meat.
What Can I Mix with Ground Venison?
You can mix all kinds of spices and herbs with ground venison, the same way you do with ground beef. In addition, you can also mix the ground venison with ground beef or ground pork for a more flavorful meal.
Is Ground Deer Meat Healthy?
You may be surprised to find out that venison is richer in protein than any other red meat. On top of that, ground deer meat is low in fat and cholesterol but high in nutrients! So the ground venison is healthy and good for you.
How Do You Cook Ground Venison?
There are many different ways to cook ground venison: frying, grilling, baking, or even sous vide cooking! You can really cook ground venison the same way as you would ground beef. The key is to use a meat thermometer and ensure your ground venison reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.
What Does Ground Venison Taste Like?
Ground venison tastes like ground beef but is not as tender or juicy. It also has a hint of gamey taste, so make sure to season it properly before cooking.
Best Ground Venison Recipes
Healthy Ground Venison Dishes
- Grain-Free Venison Meatballs : These venison meatballs are so tender, flavorful, and made without the grain. You can also use other tpyes of ground meat in this recipe.
- Ground Venison Stir-Fry with Broccoli: Here’s a stir fry that combines lean deer meat with your favorite vegetables. It’s a healhty dish that your whole family will love!
- Ground Venison Tacos: These tacos are so simple to make and don’t require any pre-packaged seasonings! With all the fresh and healthy ingredients, ground dear meat tacos are one of my favorite tacos.
Ground Venison Burgers
- Juicy Oven-Baked Venison Burgers: These venison burgers are tender, juicy, and has no added fat! It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and you can pair them with mixed vegetables and French fries.
- Moist and Juicy Venison Burgers: These venison burgers are certainly a memorable experience – they are thick, moist, and juicy. If you bite into this burger, you will be in absolute burger heaven!
- Grilled Venison (Deer Meat) Burgers: Get all the tips and tricks here for grilled venison burgers that is juicy and flavorful.
Other Popular Ground Venison Recipes
- Ground Venison Jerky: This homemade venison jerky is the perfect on-the-go snack. In this recipe you’ll learn how to create a snack that is great for school, road trips, hiking, and everyday nibbling. It may even top that beef jerky you’re accustomed to!
- Ground Venison Sausage with Bay and Garlic: With some simple spices such as bay leaf and garlic, this venison sausage is rich and flavorful! It’s perfect for grilling and so delicious.
- Venison Chili Recipe: Who doesn’t love chili? This version of the classic dish can be easily customized with or without beans. All you need is some venison, red peppers, cumin, and onions for a healthy and delicious chili recipe.
- Hunters Casserole with Ground Venison: It’s a satisfying and comforting casserole that your family will keep asking for! With layers of potatoes, green chilis, garlic, and a savory blend of soft cheeses, this hunters casserole is a true winner!
You May Also Like
- 28 Easy Ground Pork Recipes
- 11 Best Chuck Beef Recipes
- 20 Best Leftover Steak Recips
- 15 Easy Ground Turkey Recipes
10 Best Ground Venison Recipes (Easy Ground Venison Stir Fry Recipe + More)
- In a medium bowl, add ground venison, soy sauce, and cooking wine. Mix well.
- Add oil to a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Then add garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sliced bell pepper and cook for 2 about minutes.
- Turn the heat to high, and add ground venison mixture. Stir fry for about 5 minutes or until the meat is nicely browned.
- Add oyster sauce and basil leaves. Mix well. Serve and enjoy!