Is ground turkey healthier? What should I make with ground turkey? You’ll find the answers to those questions below! We’ve also rounded up 15 Easy Ground Turkey Recipes that are easy to make at home.
Is Ground Turkey Healthier Than Ground Beef?
Ground turkey has slightly more calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium than ground beef. And ground beef has more protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins. The tie-breaker? It’s in the saturated fats – turkey generally gets more health points than beef on this one. The choice is yours!
What Can You Make with Ground Turkey?
The possibilities are truly endless! Basically, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef in most recipes! This means you can use it for pasta, tacos, chili, meatloaf, enchiladas, and even meatballs!
How to Avoid Overcooking Ground Turkey?
When you overcook your ground turkey, there’s no turning back! It quickly gets dry and crumbly, and loses its flavor! To avoid this, you’ll need to keep a close eye on the dish as you cook! If you have to step away from the stove, turn the burner down low and cook it slowly! If you’re really on top of things, then keep an instant-read thermometer handy – cook ground turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos: Loaded with peppers, spices, and turkey, these ground turkey tacos come together in 30 minutes! It’s so delicious and full of flavors.
- Healthy Ground Turkey Chili: Now it’s time for some delicious chili. It’s packed with lean protein and veggies, and you can either make it a spicy turkey chili if prefer.
- Ground Turkey Lettuce Wrap: Are you a fan of P.F. Changs’ lettuce wraps? Then you will seriously LOVE this recipe. Not only are the flavors in this dish out of this world but the entire recipe only takes about 15 minutes!! If you want to make it a bit more hearty, simply throw in some chopped shiitake mushrooms for added texture and flavor.
- Ground Turkey Pasta with Spinach: Looking for an easy ground turkey recipe? Then stop here! This is a one-pot pasta that comes together in just 30 minutes. It’s packed with healthy ingredients from spinach to tomatoes, and ground turkey! Enjoy!
Easy Ground Turkey Dinner Ideas
- Turkey Meatballs: Tender and juicy, smothered in delicious tomato sauce, these turkey meatballs completely melt in your mouth! They’re full of flavor and great for a quick weeknight meal or appetizers for a party! You’ll absolutely love them!
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers: A healthy alternative to traditional stuffed peppers, these ground turkey stuffed peppers are gluten-free too! Topped with cheese, they’re hearty and may become one of your favorite ground turkey recipes!
- Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Glaze: Seasoned and topped with a BBQ glaze, this turkey meatloaf is full of flavor and completely satisfying. Your family will love this recipe!
- Firecracker Ground Turkey: A lighter and easier dish, this Firecracker Ground Turkey is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors. And the best part? It comes together in just 15 minutes!
- Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie: Delicious, healthy, and completely satisfying! This Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie has a cauliflower mash topping that is out of this world! You can’t beat this slimmed-down version of the classic comfort meal.
Southern Ground Turkey Dishes
- Ground Turkey Rice Casserole: A casserole dish that has a fantastic mix of spices, vegetables, and lean protein. It comes together in just about 30 minutes! If you’re on weight watchers, then you’ll appreciate that this healthy dinner is just 267 calories and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP.
- Ground Turkey Country Gravy: If you’re a fan of biscuits and gravy, make this right away! This version will have your mouth watering. This ground turkey gravy is healthy, simple to make, and oh so tasty!
- Turkey Burgers: These turkey burgers are slightly spicy, smoky, and pair well with chipotle mayo, fresh slaw, or guacamole. Plus, they’re incredibly juicy and moist with cheese mixed right into the burger.
Other Popular Ground Turkey Recipes
- Korean Ground Turkey and Rice Bowls: Fast, healthy, and convenient for any family weeknight dinner, this Korean Ground Turkey recipe is a must-try! This meal comes together in only 20 minutes! Pair it with some healthy vegetables, this may just become a meal you come back to time and time again!
- Ground Turkey Stir Fry: With only a few ingredients, and a ton of vegetables, this ground turkey stir fry comes together super fast! Plus it’s completely versatile. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, make it spicy or mild, serve it with rice, noodles, or shredded cabbage for a low carb option.
- Ground Turkey Enchiladas: Made with seasoned ground turkey, two cheese, and all wrapped up in flour tortillas, ground turkey enchiladas are incredibly filling and satisfying! The secret here is baking them in red enchilada sauce.
Is Ground Turkey Bad for You?
Both ground beef and turkey are nutritious meats that provide protein, fat, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. However, ground turkey is typically lower in saturated fat than beef. With that being said, it may be a better choice for your heart health.
15 Easy Ground Turkey Recipes (Ground Turkey Stir Fry Recipe & More)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- green onion for garnish
- Add ground turkey to a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together garlic, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Stir fry and cook for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Add the sauce to the skillet. Stir fry and cook for about 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with green onions a