Jinkies! These Scooby Snack Shots are super easy to make and are sure to please. Gather the gang for a ride in the Mystery Machine with these colorful and creamy shots.
With a distinctive neon green that’s hard to miss, this shot is reminiscent of the famous T-shirt worn by Scooby Doo’s best friend, Shaggy. If you like sweet, fruity drinks, you’re in for a treat with these Scooby snack Shots!
What is in a Scooby Snack Shot?
This is a fun and fruity shot that’s perfect for college parties or a fun night at home. The combination of coconut rum, pineapple juice, melon liqueur and heavy cream makes for a slightly thick, creamy and sweet shot, perfect for those who aren’t a fan of hard liquor.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Coconut rum: Coconut rum is a staple for sweet, tropical cocktails and shots. Malibu makes the original coconut liqueur and is one of the easiest brands to find in most stores. Other tasty options include Captain Morgan or CocoMania.
- Melon liqueur: It’s this key ingredient that gives the Scooby Snack Shot its distinctive neon green coloring. Popular options include Midori or DeKuyper.
- Pineapple juice: Balance out the shot with a splash of sweet, tropical pineapple juice. Better options are Dole, Lakewood or Langers. These can be found in most grocery stores.
- Heavy cream: Just a dollop of this ingredient is needed to transform this shot into a rich, creamy sensation! Heavy cream is also known as whipping cream or Chantilly cream.
- Whipped Cream and pineapple chunks: Add this for garnish
How to Make a Scooby Snack Shot
1. Pour the coconut rum into a cocktail shaker.
2. Into the same shaker, add the melon liqueur.
3. Add the pineapple juice to the mixture in the shaker.
4. Following the pineapple juice, add the heavy cream.
5. Finally, add some ice to the mixture.
6. Close the shaker and shake for 20 seconds.
7. Pour the mix into the shot glasses.
8. You can garnish with whipping cream and pineapple chunks, as you wish.
Tips & Tricks
- The color of your drink may vary based on the different brands of melon liqueur you use.
- Whipped cream will melt easily, so only garnish right before serving.
Can You Make a Scooby-Doo Snack Shot with Milk?
For a lighter, less creamy variation, go ahead and use milk instead of heavy cream for this recipe. You’ll still have the same delicious tropical fruit flavors with less calories and fat. It’s a win-win!
How Many Calories are in a Scooby Shot?
A 1.5oz Scooby snack Shot made with heavy cream is just over 100 calories. These can quickly add up during a night out, so be mindful of that if you’re logging your meals.
How to Make a Scooby Snack Drink / Cocktail
Want to convert this shot into a drink or cocktail? It couldn’t be easier or more delicious! When adding ingredients to your cocktail shaker, be sure to leave out the heavy cream. Pour the liquid into a highball glass and top with whipped cream. Serve with a straw.
You May Also Like
Scooby Snack Shot Recipe
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 3 oz melon liqueur
- 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz heavy cream
- ice cubes
- whipped cream for garnish
- Optional pineapple chunks for garnish
- Pour the coconut rum, melon liqueur, pineapple juice and heavy cream into a cocktail shaker. Add the ice cubes and cover with the lid.
- Shake vigorously for about 5 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into 3 shot glasses. Garnish with optional pineapple chunks and serve immediately.
- For a lighter option, you can use half and half milk instead of heavy cream.