This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Jungle juice is the easiest, tastiest way to serve a crowd at parties, holiday dinners, or for the Super Bowl! This budget-friendly cocktail combines fruit juices and real fruit, with some rum and vodka to get the party started. This punch is sweet, tangy, and refreshing.
If you’re looking for a cheap, simple way to make big batches of juice, look no further than jungle juice. Otherwise, this cocktail is delicious enough to make in smaller batches and served with dinner for a fun weekend treat.
What Is Jungle Juice?
Jungle Juice is a general term for an improvised mixture of fruit juices and alcohol. The flavors of juices and kinds of alcohol may vary so there are many ways to make it. Because of its low cost, simplicity, and fruity flavor, it’s popularly served at parties or other larger events.
Jungle Juice Ingredients
- orange juice
- fruit punch
- white rum
- cranberry juice
How To Make Jungle Juice
1. Add sliced strawberry, orange, and pineapple to a large pitcher.
2. Pour in orange juice, fruit punch, lemonade, white rum, vodka, and cranberry juice.
3. Mix well.
4. Let the punch sit for several hours so that the fruit can soak up the liquor. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Use High-Quality Fresh Fruit: Fresh fruit slices not only add refreshing fruity flavor, but also make the drink look more appealing with bright colors.
- Chill Ingredients Ahead of the Time: To ensure your Jungle Juice stays refreshing throughout the party, I recommend chilling your alcohol and punch in advance so that your drink will stay refreshing throughout your party.
- Try Different Flavors: Get creative by trying different combinations of different fruits and drink options.
- Adjust Alcohol Content: If you prefer a milder drink, simply reduce the amount of alcohol. You can also make a non-alcoholic version by omitting the spirits and using fruit juices instead.
How to Make it For A Crowd
If you’ll be serving Jungle Juice to a crowd, be sure to prepare a large container and get enough ingredients. A good rule of thumb is to estimate that each person will drink about 12 ounces of juice each hour. If you know the turnout and how long the event lasts, you can estimate how much juice you’ll need in total.
How to Serve Jungle Juice
Jungle juice is a great party drink and goes well with appetizers like shrimp cocktail, pigs in a blanket, or chicken wings. If you’re having a casual get together, jungle juice can be served in plastic cups. For more special occasions, you can serve it in highball or rock glasses.
How to Store Leftover Jungle Juice
Leftover jungle juice can be stored in tightly sealed glass mason jars. Refrigerate for up to 4 days and add a bit of club soda to the mix when you’re ready to drink.
The club soda helps to zhuzh up the drink, since it may have gone a bit flat in the fridge.
Make Ahead Instructions
We recommend making jungle juice 3-4 hours ahead of time to deepen the flavors and allow the fruit to soak up the alcohol. The longer you let the juice “marinate”, the boozier the fruits!
Jungle Juice Party Tips (On A Budget)
- Encourage guests to bring their favorite alcohol or a bottle of fruit punch to contribute to the jungle juice.
- Make it a potluck party and ask guests to bring snacks or appetizers while you provide the drink.
- You can also make an ice ring using a bundt pan filled with water and fruit slices to make it extra fancy but on a low budget.
Virgin Jungle Juice For Kids
Skip the alcohol and mix fresh fruit with their favorite fruit juices. Add some water to reduce the sugar content.
Jungle Juice With Candy
For a more indulgent treat, replace the fruits with gummy bears, or mix gummy bears and fruit together.
Hawaiian Punch Jungle Juice Recipe
Instead of using lemonade, use your favorite Hawaiian Punch! Blue Hawaiian Punch creates a cool cocktail that’s sure to be a hit!
Halloween Jungle Juice
For a neat party trick, use dry ice with your Jungle Juice. The smoky, spooky effect is perfect for Halloween!
Does Jungle Juice Fruit Punch Get You Drunk?
Jungle Juice is famous for its ability to get you quite tipsy in a short time. Because of the fruity juices, it’s easy to keep sipping without realizing how much alcohol you’re consuming. This Jungle Juice has both rum and vodka, so it’s pretty potent.
How Long Do You Let Jungle Juice Sit?
Try to make your juice at least 3 hours before it’s time to drink. This allows the fruit to soak up all the alcohol. You can let the juice sit for up to 12 hours.
How Much Jungle Juice Should I Drink?
Jungle Juice has a fairly high alcohol and sugar content. Any more than three 10-ounce servings would be asking for trouble.
Why Is It Called Jungle Juice?
Jungle juice has its origins in the South West Pacific during the second World War. American soldiers used ingredients that they found in the jungle to create a makeshift cocktail.
How Much Alcohol is in Jungle Juice?
If you follow the recipe, alcohol would be around 20% of the mix. If you need to to be stronger or weaker, you can always adjust the recipe to your liking.
Does Jungle Juice Get You Drunk Fast?
Jungle juice is well known for its high alcohol content, consisting of hard liquors like vodka, rum, and tequila. It’s popular with college students because it’s a cheap and efficient way to get the party started. You can expect to get drunk very quickly, so be sure to pace yourself.
How to Make Jungle Juice Drink on A Budget?
For budget-friendly jungle juice, go for low-cost liquor. In terms of vodka, look for brands like Smirnoff, Tito’s, Skyy or SVEDKA. For rum, brands like Bacardi, El Dorado and Appleton definitely won’t break the bank.
Another affordable liquor option is Everclear, which is known for its potency.
Is Jungle Juice alcoholic?
Yes, Jungle Juice is an alcoholic punch made with a combination of types of liquors and fruit juices.
How to make Jungle Juice that’s not too strong?
Reduce the amount of alcohol and you’ll have a milder version of jungle juice. You can also opt for a non-alcoholic version.
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Jungle Juice turns out!
Jungle Juice Recipe
- In a large pitcher or container, add sliced strawberry, orange, and pineapple.
- Pour in orange juice, fruit punch, lemonade, white rum, vodka, and cranberry juice. Mix well.
- Let the punch sit for a few hours up to 12 hours so that the fruit can soak up the liquor.
- Be sure to prepare a large container and get enough ingredients. A good rule of thumb is to estimate that each person will drink about 12oz of juice each hour. If you know the turnout and how long the event lasts, you can estimate how much juice you’ll need in total.
- Make the drink ahead of time so that the fruits can soak up the liquor.
- You can add more vodka or rum if you prefer a stronger drink.