Blove’s Sauce is a seafood sauce seasoning mix that’s loaded with spices. It was invented by a Youtuber Blove, known for doing Mukbang – videos where creators eat large amounts of food with a live audience. The sauce soon became so popular that it’s selling on Amazon as Bloves Smackalicious Sauce (mild or spicy). We’ll share with you how to make this delicious sauce recipe at home from scratch.
If you are a seafood lover, you’ll have to try this satisfying, rich, and delicious Blove Sauce. It’s one of our favorite sauces along with Seafood Boil Sauce, Drawn Butter, and Homemade Cocktail Sauce.
This Smackalicious sauce is meant to go along with a seafood boil, similar to what you might get at a seafood restaurant, where they hand you a bag full of crustaceans in a savory sauce. In the Mukbang world, it’s used as more of a dip. Creators prepare their food, usually consisting of shrimp, snow crab, potatoes, and corn, then dip it into a giant bowl of sauce.
But there are actually a ton of ways you can incorporate the sauce. By making this recipe yourself, you can not only play around with the spices to make your perfect custom ratios, but you can also experiment with the different uses below. In fact, some of the recipe variations we’ll show you were given to Blove by her viewers. Whether you want to go all out and have a seafood boil at home, or you’re just looking for a new sauce to add to your classic dinners, this sauce is going to change your seafood game.
What Is Blove Sauce?
At its core, this sauce is really just a butter sauce. But Blove created a combination of 10 different spices, as well as a few other seasonings, to create a spicy sauce that’s bursting with flavor. It’s a relatively simple way to elevate your standard boiled seafood.
What Does Blove Sauce Taste Like?
This sauce is super rich and loaded with spice. Its heat can be adjusted to your preference, but whether mild or super spicy, it’s still loaded with flavor.
Blove’s Smackalicious Sauce Ingredients
- Seasoning Mix: It includes garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, oregano, lemon pepper, chili powder, Cajun spice mix, and Old bay seasoning
- Garlic: Best to use fresh garlic for the best results. Feel free to add more garlic for the extra garlicky flavor.
- Onion: I used yellow onions, but you can use white onions too.
- Unsalted Butter: It adds a rich and creamy flavor to the sauce. It’s best to use unsalted butter so that you can control the salt level.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Don’t skip this ingredient as it adds a nice tangy, savory, and sweet flavor to your sauce.
- Brown Sugar: You can also use regular white granulated sugar.
- Salt: For seasoning.
- Chicken Broth: We recommend low-sodium broth to lower the salt intake.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: This will make your sauce spicy.
- Tabasco Sauce: Similar to the red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce will add extra heat to your sauce. You can adjust the amount to your personal preference.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice: Add a nice tangy flavor to the sauce.
- Ginger: You can use fresh or powderd ginger for this recipe.
How To Make Blove’s Sauce
1. Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set it aside.
2. Blend garlic and onion for 20-30 seconds or until the garlic and onion turn into small chunks. Set it aside.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Add garlic and onion chunks to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, salt, optional crushed red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce, ginger, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
6. Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a boil. Stir occasionally until the mixture is well mixed. Remove from heat, and let the sauce cool down. Serve and enjoy!
The sauce is quite spicy without the optional ingredients. So make sure to taste the sauce before adding any additional spicy ingredients.
- Add beer to the sauce: Believe it or not, beer is a pretty classic addition to a seafood boil because it helps to create a really flavorful sauce. You won’t want something particularly bitter, generally citrusy and fruity beers work best. You’ll have to play around with the measurements depending on how liquidy you want your sauce. I recommend adding half a can to start.
- Add honey: While this recipe has brown sugar, honey will give it an extra element of sweetness to balance out all of the different spices in this mix.
- Add Korean red paste: Gochujang, or Korean Red Paste, is a staple condiment in Korean cuisine. It’s made from chilis, so it can be pretty spicy. Like sriracha sauce, you can add it to your recipe after the fact as a topping.
- Add chili oil: Chili oil is just another way to bring heat into this recipe. The oiliness will add to the melty texture of the butter for a really indulgent dish.
Best Ways To Serve Blove’s Smackalicious Sauce
There are so many ways to use Blove sauce. For its true purpose, use it either as a dip with already boiled seafood, or toss it in oven bags along with your seafood and use it as the boiling liquid. Blove herself has made videos on her channel dipping cucumbers into the sauce, while viewers have commented about using it as the base for seafood pasta.
It’s really just a heavily spiced butter sauce, so you can swap it in any recipe where you might use a simpler one. A Blove fan even mentioned they prefer it on the steak to seafood. Here are some ideas that you can pair with Blove sauce:
How To Store Blove Sauce
Let the sauce cool down to room temperature, and then transfer it to a mason jar or air-tight container. Store the leftover in the fridge or freezer.
How To Store Bloves Sauce In The Freezer
- Let the sauce cool down to room temperature before storing it in the freezer. This will prevent any condensation from forming inside the container, which can affect the texture of the sauce.
- Pour the sauce into an airtight container. Make sure to leave some space at the top to allow for expansion as the sauce freezes.
- Label the container with the date so you know when you stored it. This will help you keep track of how long it’s been in the freezer.
- Place the container in the freezer and make sure it’s stored in an area where it won’t get knocked over or damaged.
How Long Does Homemade Blove’s Seafood Sauce Last?
If stored properly in an airtight container, this seafood sauce will last for 2 weeks. For optimal freshness, you can also make the spice mixture ahead and just add the fresh ingredients when you’re ready to enjoy. If you store it in the freezer, it will last up to 3 months.
You can reheat the sauce in the microwave or stovetop.
How To Reheat Blove’s Sauce
When it comes to reheating Bloves Sauce, there are a few different methods you can try depending on your preferences. Here are a few options:
- Microwave: If you’re short on time, you can quickly reheat the sauce in the microwave. Simply transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it’s heated through.
- Stovetop: For a slower but more controlled reheating method, you can heat the sauce on the stovetop. Transfer it to a small saucepan and heat it over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s heated through.
- Oven: If you have a larger quantity of sauce to reheat, you can use the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and transfer the sauce to an oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce is heated through.
Is Blove’s Sauce Spicy?
Bloves Sauce is known for its unique flavor, but it’s not necessarily spicy. The sauce has a sweet and tangy taste with a hint of garlic and ginger. However, there are different varieties of Bloves Sauce, and some may be spicier than others. If you’re unsure about the spice level, check the label or ask the manufacturer.
Where Can I Buy Blove’s Sauce?
After her video went viral, Blove created a seasoning pack that quickly became a bestseller on Amazon. She eventually introduced a spicy version as well. There is no bottled version of the sauce, but this seasoning mix lends to a variety of uses on top of creating its signature sauce. The mixture is also available in-store at some Walmarts, Whole Foods and Targets.
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Blove’s Sauce turns out in the comments below!
Easy Blove Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice mix
- 1 tablespoon Old bay seasoning
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or add more to taste)
- salt to taste
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- In a mixing bowl, add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Add garlic and onion to the blender. Blend for about 20-30 seconds or until the garlic and onion turn into very small chunks.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add butter. Cook until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the blended garlic, onion, and optional minced ginger. Turn the heat to medium, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, salt, optional crushed red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a boil. Stir occasionally until the mixture is well mixed.
- Remove from heat, and let the sauce cool down. Serve and enjoy!
- Store the blove’s sauce in an airtight container and it’ll last for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- You can change the amount of chili powder to make it mild or spicy.
- This sauce is quite spicy before adding the optional ingredients. So make sure to taste before adding more spicy ingredients.
I’m just starting to like seafood but I think I’d love it a lot more with this sauce! I love all of these flavors.
Wow, this sauce looks and sounds fantastic!
Thanks Diana. Glad you like the recipe!
Jean Pickett says
Some of the best sauce I have had for seafood it’s a winner in my book
Hi Jean, great to hear that you like the recipe. Thanks for letting me know.
The sauce looks very delicious
So the whole head of garlic or just 3 cloves ?
Hi Jamie, that’s a great question. The original recipe called for 3 whole heads. I found it too much and used just a few cloves. If you love garlic, go ahead and use 3 whole heads!
I made this for mother’s day and it was an absolute hit. i used the recipe exactly as listed minus the tabasco sauce, and i also added a little bit of Gochujang. The spicy level was pretty intense but very tolerable for my family since we predominantly cook with pepper in this house. THANK YOU!
Kavita, great to hear that your family enjoyed it on Mother’s day. Thanks for letting me know!
Sarah Elizondo says
This sauce was incredible, I made the x2 version and it yielded A LOT of sauce so I have plenty of extra for next time! I have seen a lot of bloves sauces reviews saying it tastes like pizza/pasta sauce so im so glad I found this recipe first because I absolutely love it! Might try it as a pastas sauce though as it might make a really good lasagne!
I just made the sauce tonight, and I followed the recipe exactly as stated. When the sauce was done, I could not stop myself from tasting it. It is so good! According to her videos, it’s best to make the sauce 24 hours ahead of time to let the flavors marinate, and just like her, I added more ginger. I’m so excited to have a seafood boil, if I can stay out of the sauce. Thanks for the recipe.