Blove’s Sauce is a seafood sauce seasoning mix that’s loaded with spices. It’s invented by a Youtuber Blove, known for doing Mukbang – videos where creators eat large amounts of food with a live audience. The sauce soon became so popular that it’s selling on Amazon as Bloves Smackalicious Sauce (mild or spicy). We’ll share with you how to make this delicious sauce recipe at home from scratch.
This Smackalicious sauce is meant to go along with a seafood boil, similar to what you might get at a seafood restaurant, where they hand you a bag full of crustaceans in a savory sauce. In the Mukbang world, it’s used as more of a dip. Creators prepare their food, usually consisting of shrimp, snow crab, potatoes, and corn, then dip it into a giant bowl of the sauce.
But there are actually a ton of ways you can incorporate the sauce. By making this recipe yourself, you can not only play around with the spices to make your perfect custom ratios, but you can also experiment with the different uses below. In fact, some of the recipe variations we’ll show you were given to Blove by her viewers. Whether you want to go all out and have a seafood boil at home, or you’re just looking for a new sauce to add to your classic dinners, this sauce is going to change your seafood game.
What is Blove Sauce?
At its core, this sauce is really just a butter sauce. But Blove created a combination of 10 different spices, as well as a few other seasonings, to create a spicy sauce that’s bursting with flavor. It’s a relatively simple way to elevate your standard boiled seafood.
Blove’s Smackalicious Sauce Ingredients
- Seasoning Mix: It includes garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, oregano, lemon pepper, chili powder, Cajun spice mix, and Old bay seasoning
- Unsalted Butter
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Chicken Broth
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Tabasco Sauce
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
How to Make Blove’s Sauce
1. Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set it aside.
2. Blend garlic and onion for 20-30 seconds or until the garlic and onion turn into small chunks. Set it aside.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Add garlic and onion chunks to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
5. Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, salt, optional crushed red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce, ginger, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
6. Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a boil. Stir occasionally until the mixture is well mixed. Remove from heat, and let the sauce cool down. Serve and enjoy!
The sauce is quite spicy without the optional ingredients. So make sure to taste the sauce before adding any additional spicy ingredients.
- Add beer to the sauce: Believe it or not, beer is a pretty classic addition to a seafood boil because it helps to create a really flavorful sauce. You won’t want something particularly bitter, generally citrusy and fruity beers work best. You’ll have to play around with the measurements depending on how liquidy you want your sauce. I recommend adding half a can to start.
- Add honey: While this recipe has brown sugar, honey will give it an extra element of sweetness to balance out all of the different spices in this mix.
- Add Korean red paste: Gochujang, or Korean Red Paste, is a staple condiment in Korean cuisine. It’s made from chilis, so it can be pretty spicy. Like sriracha sauce, you can add it to your recipe after the fact as a topping.
- Add chili oil: Chili oil is just another way to bring heat into this recipe. The oiliness will add to the melty texture of the butter for a really indulgent dish.
Ways to Use Blove’s Smackalicious Sauce
There are so many ways to use Blove sauce. For its true purpose, use it either as a dip with already boiled seafood, or toss it in oven bags along with your seafood and use it as the boiling liquid. Blove herself has made videos on her channel dipping cucumbers into the sauce, while viewers have commented about using it as the base for seafood pasta.
It’s really just a heavily spiced butter sauce, so you can swap it in any recipe where you might use a simpler one. A Blove fan even mentioned they prefer it on the steak to seafood.
What Does Blove Sauce Taste Like?
This sauce is super rich and loaded with spice. Its heat can be adjusted to your preference, but whether mild or super spicy, it’s still loaded with flavor.
How Long Does Homemade Blove’s Seafood Sauce Last?
If stored properly in an airtight container, this seafood sauce will last for 2 weeks. For optimal freshness, you can also make the spice mixture ahead and just add the fresh ingredients when you’re ready to enjoy.
Where Can I Buy Blove Sauce?
After her video went viral, Blove created a seasoning pack that quickly became a bestseller on Amazon. She eventually introduced a spicy version as well. There is no bottled version of the sauce, but this seasoning mix lends to a variety of uses on top of creating its signature sauce. The mixture is also available in-store at some Walmarts, Whole Foods and Targets.
If You Like This Recipe Try These Out
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Blove’s Sauce turns out in the comments below!
Easy Blove Sauce Recipe
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or add more to taste)
- salt to taste
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- In a mixing bowl, add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Add garlic and onion to the blender. Blend for about 20-30 seconds or until the garlic and onion turn into very small chunks.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add butter. Cook until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the blended garlic, onion, and optional minced ginger. Turn the heat to medium, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, salt, optional crushed red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add the seasoning mix and bring it to a boil. Stir occasionally until the mixture is well mixed.
- Remove from heat, and let the sauce cool down. Serve and enjoy!
- Store the blove’s sauce in an airtight container and it’ll last for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- You can change the amount of chili powder to make it mild or spicy.
- This sauce is quite spicy before adding the optional ingredients. So make sure to taste before adding more spicy ingredients.