Low in fat and high in protein, crab meat is an affordable alternative to lobster. It’s easy to work with and cooks quickly, so you can satisfy your seafood craving even faster. We’ve rounded up 16 Best Crab Meat Recipes from appetizers, salad, sushi, and more.
What is the Best Way to Cook Crab Meat?
Crab meat is slightly sweet and has a satisfying texture. It can be cooked using several methods, including baking, stir-frying, adding it to salads. One of our favorite ways is to bake the crab meat to bring out the best flavor.
Is Canned Crab Meat Already Cooked?
What Can You Eat Crab Meat with?
Crab meat is a tasty protein that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Crabmeat is delicious in sushi rolls, pasta dishes or combined with mayonnaise and chopped onions for a refreshing salad. Crabs are also an essential ingredient in a seafood boil or seafood gumbo, along with corn, sausage and other shellfish.
Baked Crab Meat Recipes
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms: These crab-stuffed mushrooms are creamy, cheesy and oh-so-good. Prepare these impressive appetizers for your next get-together.
- Cheesy Hot Crab Dip: This irresistible dip is thick, creamy and loaded with seafood flavor. Enjoy with crackers or toast.
- Crab Imperial: This classic seafood dish is made using jumbo lump crabmeat and a special imperial sauce. This baked casserole is creamy, meaty and delicious.
- Crab Stuffed Salmon: Jazz up your weeknight with this crab-stuffed salmon. This flavorful dish is a seafood lover’s paradise.
Imitation Crab Meat Recipes
- Kanikama Sushi Nigiri: Kanikama is the Japanese name for imitation crabmeat. Here’s how you can make your own sushi nigiri using kanikama.
- Volcano Roll: Imitation crabmeat, avocado and cucumber are rolled in nori and rice then topped with a spicy sauce.
- Imitation Crab Soup: This comforting soup has corn, bamboo shoots and imitation crabmeat. It’s full of flavor and will leave you so satisfied.
Lump Crab Meat Recipes
- Maryland Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce: These crab cakes make a delicious appetizer or protein for your salad. Enjoy with a classic tartar sauce.
- Jaiba Crab Ceviche: This fresh and flavorful ceviche makes a tasty Mexican side dish. It’s a light and refreshing salad that’s best served cold.
- Simple Crab Salad: This keto-friendly seafood salad can be made in minutes. Season with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
- Crab Bisque: Nothing could be more comforting than a bowl of this thick, meaty soup. Best of all, it practically cooks itself in your slow cooker.
- Crab Cake Sandwich: Enjoy Maryland style crab cakes between slices of a brioche bun with all your favorite fixings.
Other Popular Crab Meat Recipes
- Spicy Crab Roll: This popular sushi roll has a creamy texture and a fiery kick. Made with imitation crabmeat.
- Seafood Gumbo: This southern stew is hearty, flavorful and perfect for a cozy night in. Made with crabmeat and a seafood medley.
- Crab Rangoon / Crab Wontons: These addictive appetizers are golden and crispy on the outside with a cream cheese and crab filling.
- Crab Fried Rice: Thai-inspired fried rice is loaded with chunks of crabmeat for a satisfying meal. Dinner will be ready in less than thirty minutes.
You May Also Like
16 Best Crab Meat Recipes (Easy Crab Salad Recipe & More)
- 3/4 lb canned or cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 medium avocado diced
- Drain the crab meat well if you use canned crab.
- Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lemon juice to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add crab meat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined.
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator.
- Let it rest for 30-60 minutes.
- Add diced cucumber and avocado right before serving. Mix gently. Serve and enjoy!