No fancy gear needed to make this Starbucks Copycat Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew at home! Made with a few simple ingredients, it’s sweet, creamy, and full of iced coffee flavor. I’ll show you the correct cold brew coffee ratios and how to make the perfect vanilla sweet cream! At the fraction of the price, it’s so easy to make and you can now enjoy it regularly!
To me, few things are more satisfying than cool, caffeinated iced coffee. This vanilla sweet cream cold brew is even better than the regular iced coffee!
With just one sip, you’ll understand why people love it so much. Cold brew coffee is made chilled, never heated. It also has a higher coffee-to-water ratio. You can make a big batch, and enjoy it whenever you want! You don’t need much special equipment beyond a large container for making the coffee and a strainer.
Although it’s stronger than regular coffee, this vanilla sweet cream cold brew actually contains less caffeine, as the oils and sugars are extracted during the steeping process. Give it a try, and you’ll love this smooth, sweet, and icy cup!
What is Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew?
According to Starbucks’ website, it’s “slow-steeped custom blend of Starbucks® Cold Brew coffee accented with vanilla and topped with a delicate float of house-made vanilla sweet cream that cascades throughout the cup. It’s over-the-top and super-smooth.”
Ingredients & Substitutes
- Coarsely Ground Coffee: Darker roast works better for cold brew. You can buy it at local supermarkets or order online. You can also grind the coffee beans coarsely.
- Vanilla Syrup: You can use store-bought vanilla syrup, available online from Amazon. Or make your own at home by mixing boiling water, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Heavy Cream: Use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream with 35% fat for a creamy texture. You can also use milk for a healthier option.
- Water: Use filtered cold water for the best results. You can also use regular water in a pinch.
The Basic Cold Brew Coffee Ratio
A cold brew is stronger than regular coffee, and a good place to start is 1 cup ground coffee for 4 cups of cold water, although the ratio is flexible and depends on personal taste. You can double the recipe if you’d like to make a big batch. Just store it in the fridge, and simply add the cream mixture when you’re ready to drink it.
How to Make Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew at Home
Step 1: Make the Cold Brew
- Steep the coffee: Combine ground coffee and water in a large container. Then let it chill in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Strain the mixture: Strain the coffee mixture using a cheesecloth, French press, or cold brew machine
Step 2: Make the Vanilla Sweet Cream
Simply mix together vanilla syrup and heavy cream. If you don’t have vanilla syrup, you can make it at home by combining boiling water, sugar, and vanilla extract.
Step 3: Put Everything Together
Fill your glass with ice cubes about 3/4 full, then add your cold brew coffee. You can dilute with cold water based on your preference. Then top with vanilla sweet cream to taste.
Tips for Success
- Choose the right coffee. Darker roasts tend to work better as the flavor of lighter roasts sometimes gets muted. Also make sure to select a coarser grind size as fine grinds can pass through the towels and create a gritty coffee.
- Give enough time to steep. It’s best to steep your coffee for at least 12 hours, so that the coffee will fully infuse the water.
- It’s best to use filtered water. This will give your cold brew a cleaner and sweeter flavor.
How to Store Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew should be enjoyed immediately, but it can be stored in the fridge for a few days if kept in a sealed jar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Taste Like?
It tastes sweet, creamy, and much milder than a regular iced coffee. It also has a pleasant vanilla aroma.
Does Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Have Caffeine?
Yes, the caffeine comes from the ground coffee. If you prefer a caffeine-free drink, you can use decaf coffee.
Is Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Sweet?
Yes, it’s sweeter than a regular cold brew with a nice vanilla flavor.
How to Make Starbucks Sweet Cream
Sweet cream is simple to make! Use a whisk to combine ½ cup of heavy cream, ½ cup of milk, and 2 oz of homemade vanilla syrup in a mixing bowl or cup. That’s it! Once you mix the ingredients, store the sweet cream in the fridge until you’re ready to use it for your coffee.
What’s the Difference Between Cold Brew and Iced Coffee?
Cold brew is usually smoother with lower acidity as it’s made without heat, while iced coffee normally uses hot water, and then cooled.
How Many Calories Does It Have?
According to Starbucks, a grande (16-oz) Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew has 110 calories, a tall glass has 90 calories, and a venti has 200 calories.
Other Starbucks Copycat Recipes
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew turns out in the comments below!
Easy Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Recipe
For the Cold Brew
- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee
- 4 cups cold filtered water
For Vanilla Sweet Cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup (you can make your own using water, sugar, and vanilla extract, see recipe notes)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ice cubes
- Combine ground coffee and water in a container or jar. Stir to mix well.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
- Strain the mixture using a cloth or with a French press or cold brew machine.
- Make vanilla sweet cream by mixing together vanilla syrup and heavy cream.
- Fill your glass with ice cubes about 3/4 full, then add the cold brew coffee. (You can add more cold water to dilute the cold brew slightly based on your preference.)
- Top with vanilla sweet cream to taste.
- To make the homemade vanilla syrup: Combining 1/2 cup boiling water, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- You can customize the sweetness of your drink. Taste and adjust the amount of vanilla syrup for the perfect subtle touch.