Besides turkey and the time spent with family, desserts are arguably the best part of Thanksgiving. We’ve rounded up 17 easy Thanksgiving Desserts that you can make this holiday. The flavors of cinnamon, pumpkin, apple, and cranberry are popular for both traditional and contemporary treats.
Whether you’ll be baking a pie for Thanksgiving dinner or delivering Thanksgiving cookies to coworkers and neighbors, you’ll find some holiday inspiration on this list.
What Are Some Common Desserts for Thanksgiving?
Traditionally, Thanksgiving was all about the pumpkins. Pumpkins are in season during this time of year, making them a central ingredient for all meals, including dessert. The pumpkin pie has always been a popular Thanksgiving staple and continues to be a favorite today. Desserts made with apples and cinnamon are also common during this time of year.
What Are the Most Popular Pies for Thanksgiving?
Popular pies for Thanksgiving include pumpkin pies, sweet potato pies and pecan pies. For many people, a slice of one of these pies is sure to bring back childhood memories of Thanksgiving dinner.
What Should I Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner?
If you’ll be a guest for Thanksgiving dinner, it’s a good idea to bring something for the other guests to enjoy. A bottle of wine is a good option, but you can also bring a homemade dessert. The host will be delighted if you bring along a pie that can be shared after dinner.
Best Traditional Thanksgiving Desserts
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie: It’s not really Thanksgiving without a slice of pumpkin pie! This recipe ensures you to have a perfect pie every holiday season.
- Thanksgiving Cheesecake: Who doesn’t like a tasty combination of cheesecake and pecan pie? Thanksgiving cheesecake is decadent, festive and perfect for holiday parties.
- Thanksgiving Trifle: This trifle is simply irresistible! Delicious layers of pumpkin loaf, vanilla pudding, sautéed apples and crunchy pecans make this Thanksgiving Trifle a new family favorite.
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe: A classic pecan pie is the perfect finishing touch for your Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily for you, this recipe couldn’t be simpler.
- Turkey Cupcakes: These adorable cupcakes are sure to bring a smile to your face. Get festive with these chocolatey turkey-shaped treats!
Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups: You only need 3 simple ingredients to create these mouthwatering apple pie cupcakes. They’re easy to make and perfect for fall.
- Easy Fried Apples with Homemade Tacos: This unique dessert is bound to be a hit at Thanksgiving dinner. They’re made with sugary cinnamon apples and a crispy, sweet taco shell, topped with caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Apple Cranberry Pie: This pie is deceptively easy to make and it’s a real joy during the holiday season. You’ll love the delicious combination of cinnamon, apple and cranberry flavors.
- Pumpkin Pie Pull Apart: Share this one with all the pumpkin pie lovers in your life. This easy pull-apart dessert is made with flaky pastry and a delectable pumpkin filling.
- Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie: This classic recipe is a lot easier to make than you may think. Try your hand at this old-fashioned sweet potato pie this holiday season.
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars: Take the Thanksgiving spirit to go with these portable pecan pie bars! They’re deliciously sweet and topped with crunchy pecans.
Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren’t Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Rose Tart: A gorgeous apple rose tart is sure to impress all your Thanksgiving guests. Learn the technique for creating this intricate dessert.
- Easy White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles: These cute cookies combine the sweet taste of white chocolate with the spice of cinnamon. You’ll love this simple holiday recipe all throughout the year.
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: By adding pumpkin to your cookie dough, you’ll have a Thanksgiving-worthy batch of cookies. They’re perfect with a warm cup of milk on a chilly autumn night.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: If you’d rather not to make a pumpkin pie this year, why not try a cheesecake? This dessert is the best of both worlds.
- Mini Fried Apple Pies: Love the apple pies at McDonald’s? Bring them home this Thanksgiving with this easy copycat recipe.
- Apple Pie Nachos: This shareable dessert is made with crispy, sugary tortilla chips topped with a warm, cinnamon apple filling. Add chopped nuts, caramel sauce and whipped cream for a unique sweet treat.
You May Also Like
17 Thanksgiving Desserts (Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups Recipe & More)
- 2 packages refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 21 oz canned apple pie filling
- non-stick baking spray
- optional icing from cinnamon roll package for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray. Set aside
- Open cinnamon roll packages and flatten each one with a rolling pin.
- Place the flattened cinnamon rolls into each muffin tin. Press gently and cut off extra around the edges.
- Fill each cup with apple pie filing.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle icing on top. Serve and enjoy!