Ham isn’t just for specific holidays or occasions anymore. You can easily enjoy it any night of the week! With the proper side dishes of course! Below you will find 16 Easy Side Dishes For Ham, from potatoes to veggies, salad, pasta, and much more.
What Goes Best with Ham?
It’ll depend on your preference and how many people you’re feeding. Choose a warm potato dish with steamed broccoli, Brussel sprouts, or Asparagus for a well-balanced meal. If you’re looking for something a bit more hearty, then opt for some mac n cheese, BLT pasta salad, or baked beans.
Easy Side Dishes to Serve with Ham
Side Dishes for Easter Ham
- Boiled Potatoes: Do you know how to boil potatoes properly? Here you will find a step-by-step guide for making the perfect potatoes! As little as 12 minutes on the stove or 8 minutes in the microwave, you’ll find everything you need to know about boiling potatoes.
- Deviled Eggs: This is the perfect appetizer to serve up at Easter parties. You and your guests will love the creamy filling topped with bacon. Ready in 20 minutes, this recipe is one to keep!
- French Fries: Here’s your chance to dust off that air fryer! It’s one of the best ways to cook frozen French fries. They’re warm and fluffy inside and crispy outside. Now all you need is your favorite dipping sauce!
- Air Fryer Asparagus: You’ll love how this asparagus recipe turns out. All it takes is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of cooking time. Plus, this dish is vegan and Keto-friendly.
- Creamy Mac n Cheese: What better dish to try than the one right from a country singer – Trisha Yearwood. This Creamy Mac and Cheese has everything you could imagine -creamy, rich, and oh so cheesy! Plus, it’s really easy to make!
Christmas Sides for Ham
- Roasted Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts: These Brussels sprouts are a must-try! They’re the perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors. Not only are they simple to make, but are a great way to get your kiddos to eat their veggies!
- Steamed Broccoli: It’s the perfect side dish that will add a pop of color! It’s healthy and delicious too! Here you’ll learn how to steam your broccoli to ensure it’s cooked to perfection!
- Scalloped Potatoes: They might have gotten a bad rap before, but wait until you try this scalloped potato recipe. They are loaded with cheese and garlic flavors! Make sure to use Yukon Gold potatoes for the best results.
- Classic Green Bean Casserole: Quick and easy to make, this classic casserole is perfect for busy nights! All you need is canned green beans, mushroom soup, and fried onions. Plus, it only takes just 5 minutes to prepare!
- Sous Vide Sweet Potatoes: If you’re not familiar with the Sous Vide method, don’t worry! This recipe will walk you through how to use this technique to cook perfect sweet potatoes. You may be surprised at how fluffy and sweet they come out!
Ham Side Dishes for Potluck
- Corn on the Cob: Did you know that you may have been boiling corn wrong? Or maybe you just need to tweak it a bit! Here you will learn some handy tips and trick for making the perfect corn. You will get sweet and succulent corn every time. Have that butter and salt ready!
- Microwave Mashed Potatoes: Who knew you could cook potatoes in the microwave?! With this recipe, you will get creamy, smooth mashed potatoes in just 15 minutes.
- Cornbread: Imagine walking home and smelling the warm, comforting aroma of cornbread? So good you can almost taste it! With just 25 minutes, you can bite into some moist, fluffy, and golden cornbread.
- Coleslaw: Made out of cabbage and carrots, coleslaw is a family favorite. Perfect for those get-togethers – this dish is tangy and spicy. Simply mix in some mayo, seasoning, and a few other secret ingredients for one incredible side dish!
- BLT Pasta Salad: It’s BLT, in a salad style! And it will be a new summertime favorite! It’s colorful, refreshing, and easy to make. All it takes is 15 minutes, and it will be on your table!
- Baked Beans: If you’re looking for a bit of a Mexican flare at your potluck, this one is for you! Baked beans are vegan and packed full of protein! Top them with cheese, lettuce, corn, bell peppers, and spices for one hearty dish.
You May Also Like
16 Best Side Dishes for Ham (Easy Boiled Potatoes Recipe & More)
- 1-2 pounds boiling baby potatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh parsley minced
- Wash and scrub the potatoes under running wate.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot or saucepan. Pour cold water and cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil. Add salt.
- Lower the heat to medium and boil uncovered for 12 minutes. If your potatoes are larger, you’ll need to boil for longer time.
- Check doneness by inserting a fork. The center of the potato will be fork-tender when done.
- Drain the potatoes. Serve with salt, pepper, butter, and optional parsley.