Just because you’re eating healthy does not mean it has to be boring! You have the opportunity to explore creative new dishes! Below you will find 21 Healthy Side Dishes that are delicious and easy to make. How great is that?
What Healthy Side Dishes Are Good for Weight Loss?
You can make almost anything into a healthy side dish! The tip to making a dish for weight loss is to choose something that’s low calorie, low carb and even keto-friendly! You’ll want to watch your overall calorie intake while opting for vegetables such as steamed broccoli, microwave cauliflower or even air fryer asparagus. If vegetables aren’t your thing, then choose fresh fruits instead.
Best Healthy Side Dishes
Healthy Sides for Chicken
- Corn on the Cob: Is there anything better than fresh corn on the cob? Not only does it complement many meals, but it’s easy to prepare and so flavorful. Here are some handy tips to get it just right!
- Healthy Scalloped Potatoes: This recipe quickly uses up those extra potatoes while providing you, your family and guests with a hearty side dish!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado: Stop here for a healthy and colorful dish that’s bursting with flavor! This side salad is filled with feta, red onion, toasted almonds, pistachios, all drizzled with a flavorful strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. What more could you ask for?
Easy Healthy Dinner Sides
- Boiled Potatoes: Here is the answer to your quest for making a perfect side of boiled potatoes, whether you’re using the stovetop or microwave. Learn everything from picking the right potatoes to checking doneness!
- Sautéed Green Beans with Mushrooms: Vegan and gluten-free, these sautéed green beans are an easy side that doesn’t skimp on taste! Prepared in just 10 mins, this dish is perfect for both the weeknight rotation and festive celebrations.
- Greek Zoodle Salad: Spiral zucchini noodles are the basis for this salad along with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. The fresh taste is enhanced with a zesty lemon and oregano dressing!
- Spiced Chickpeas with Mushroom and Garlic: These spiced chickpeas are a must-try that you can eat on their own or as a salad topper. They’re full of protein and are energy boosting. Just 5 minutes of prep!
Healthy Side Dishes for Burgers and Sandwiches
- Keto Mediterranean Salad: Loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, cauliflower, and feta cheese, this healthy Mediterranean salad aims to please. You can even make it ahead of time for potlucks and get-togethers.
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber: Easy, fresh, and light! That’s exactly what you’ll get with this Mediterranean watermelon salad with cucumbers! Loaded with creamy feta, a variety of fresh herbs, and a zesty honey-lime dressing!
- Healthy Potato Salad: Be prepared to step up your potato salad game with this recipe! Ditch the mayo here and use greek yogurt with olive oil for a healthy alternative. Super creamy and completely easy to make!
Simple Low-Calorie Side Dishes
- Microwave Cauliflower Fried Rice: Light and fluffy cauliflower is exactly what you’ll get here! Skip the pots and pans and use the microwave to make this dish in a matter of minutes. It’s a restaurant-quality side made right at home!
- Steamed Broccoli: Here’s a time-tested favorite side dish that’s super-healthy. Learn how to get maximum flavor with a vibrant green color each and every time!
- Air Fryer Asparagus: Now’s the time to get an air fryer if you don’t already have one. Use it to cook asparagus and enjoy tender stalks with a bit of crispness. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this one!
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad: This side dish is packed full of protein and carbs that will fill you up and give you energy! Veggies, feta, and quinoa all topped with a lemon oregano dressing. What’s not to love?
Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Roasted Parsnips: A simple but delicious vegetable side dish, roasted parsnips are also sweet and tender. The caramelized surface enhances the natural flavor and prevents them from drying out! Be careful not to overcook these though!
- Chipotle Fajita Veggies: If you’re a fan of Chipotle, then you will love this copycat recipe. Loaded with onions and bell peppers, this dish tastes just like the restaurant … but better!
- Sous Vide Brussels Sprouts: Make the best Brussels sprouts ever by using sous vide cooking! You get an ideal texture inside and out. Plus, you can add seasonings to enhance flavors during cooking!
Kid-Friendly Healthy Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries: The best way to cook frozen french fries is the Air Fryer hands-down! If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time! The recipe gives your fries that crisp outside and fluffy inside. So good!
- Fruit Salsa: Grab your favorite fruits and get dicing! This fruit salsa recipe is full of color and flavor. Make some cinnamon tortilla chips to add some crunch and texture to this side dish!
- Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes: Rich, creamy and buttery, these mashed potatoes are bursting with flavor. Sous vide produces a richer and more intense puree than boiled potatoes!
- Air Fryer Potato Chips: Made with only three ingredients, these Air Fryer potato chips will become your new go-to recipe. They’re guilt-free and perfect for parties, barbecues, and more. Just add a bit of cooking spray and your favorite spices!
You May Also Like
21 Best Healthy Side Dishes (Microwave Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe & More)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 cups mixed vegetables fresh or frozen
- 3 large eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- chopped green onion
- Shred the cauliflower into coarse breadcrumb-size pieces using a grater.
- Transfer the rice to a large paper towel or kitchen towel, squeezing to remove any excess moisture.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add cauliflower rice and mixed vegetables. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl, and add it on top of the cauliflower rice.
- Cover with the lid or plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 45 seconds (the eggs will be half-cooked at this point).