Teriyaki Chicken Bowl recipe is an easy 15 minute Japanese rice bowl recipe with delicious chicken teriyaki sauce. No marinading needed!
TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWLS
Teriyaki bowl is chicken breast seared in a skillet with teriyaki sauce and then served with rice and vegetables. It’s a quick and simple chicken rice bowl that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
The homemade sauce is addictive and so much better than any store-bought bottles. You will want to drizzle it on everything including the rice and broccoli!
CHICKEN TERIYAKI SAUCE
The best part of teriyaki chicken bowl recipe is the sauce! It’s made of a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand:
- Soy Sauce
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWL
- Sear cubed chicken breasts until golden brown.
- Make chicken teriyaki sauce and add it to the pan. Cook with the chicken until the sauce thickens.
- Mix the chicken with sauce thoroughly.
- Serve cooked chicken on top of rice in a bowl with broccoli.
Quick and easy! Teriyaki chicken rice bowl will be on your dinner table in no time!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST TERIYAKI BOWL
- Both chicken breasts and chicken thighs work for this recipe. Cube them into 1-inch pieces for quick cooking.
- You can also use miring and sake to make authentic teriyaki sauce if you have them. Use 1:1:1 ratio among soy sauce, mirin and sake. Add sugar according to your personal taste.
- Serve it over rice for teriyaki chicken rice bowl. Or you can cook pineapple with your chicken for teriyaki chicken pineapple bowl. For a healthy recipe you can serve with lettuce wraps or brown rice.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- steamed rice
Mix together soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, garlic and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add oil.
When the oil is hot, add chicken breasts. Fry for about 3 minutes per side (5-6 in total) until golden brown.
Add teriyaki sauce to chicken and stir until the sauce thickens.
Remove from heat. Serve the chicken on top of rice in a bowl with steamed broccoli. Enjoy!