This Travis Scott Burger copycat recipe captures the exact McDonald’s flavors for you at home with a Quarter Pounder, cheese, bacon, lettuce, and sesame seeds hamburger buns! Serve it with French fries with barbecue sauce and a large Sprite for a true rapper Travis Scott X McDonald’s cheeseburger experience!
Fans of the rapper purchased the burger in droves and it quickly sold out. The meal went viral as fans posted videos on social media of themselves ordering at the drive-thru while playing the rapper’s songs. But when you strip away the celebrity branding, this meal is a classic burger that you can enjoy at home. This is good news, since the popular burgers are often sold out due to popularity.
What is a Travis Scott Burger?
In late 2020, the fast-food giant McDonald’s teamed up with rapper/producer Travis Scott to create the viral sensation known as the Travis Scott Burger. The limited-time collaboration between the two allowed fans to purchase the star’s go-to meal – a quarter pounder with his favorite toppings. The order was complete with a side order of fries, dipped in barbecue sauce, and a large Sprite.
The rapper announced that he liked to make a few special tweaks when placing his order at McDonald’s. Fans loved knowing that they were ordering the same thing that Travis orders when he goes to Mickie D’s.
Ingredients & Substitutes
So what’s in it? “The Travis Scott” consists of a quarter-pounder of fresh beef, 2 slices of melted cheese, mustard, ketchup, pickles, onions and lettuce. The fast-food chain allowed fans to order a full meal that’s paired the burger with Sprite, fries and Travis’ favorite barbecue dip.
- Ground Beef: We recommend 80/20 ground chuck beef for a moist, juicy burger. This ground beef is 80% lean, 20% fat – perfect for burger patties that won’t dry out, but aren’t too fatty, either.
- Salt and Pepper: We’re keeping it simple with the seasonings to avoid overpowering the flavor of the beef. Season to taste with salt and black pepper for a classic beef burger. This is how McDonald’s seasons the beef for their burgers.
- Sesame Seeds Burger Buns: We love warm, toasty buns with sesame seeds on top. Sesame seeds add texture and flavor to your bun and keep the recipe authentic, since these are the buns used by McDonald’s. But you can customize your recipe with another type of bun.
- Butter: Soften your butter at room temperature before spreading it onto your burger buns. Butter vastly improves the flavor of those warm, toasty buns.
- Cheddar Cheese: This is an American classic and has been used on burgers for decades. We love it as it’s easy to melt with authentic flavor. You can sub your favorite cheese.
- Bacon: Adding strips of bacon can take any burger to the next level. Don’t forget this delicious ingredient in your Travis Scott Burger.
- Other Toppings: Lettuce, onion, and pickle slices. Travis likes his burgers with lettuce, onions and pickles. These topping will greatly amp up the flavor of your burger!
- Ketchup and Mustard: This recipe calls for ketchup and mustard on his burger. These sauces are available everywhere and some argue that no burger is complete without them.
- Optional for Servings: French fries, sprite, and barbeque sauce. Travis likes his burger with a side of fries dipped in barbecue sauce and a serving of Sprite. If you’re going for the full Travis Scott experience, go ahead and pair your burger with these sides.
How To Make the Perfect Travis Scott Burger
1. Prepare the topping ingredients: Slice onions and prepare lettuce. Then cook the bacon strips in a skillet until crisp.
2. Prepare the buns: Toast the buns on a skillet or grill until golden brown. Then spread softened butter on the cut-side of the buns.
3. Divide ground beef into 4 equal portions and form patties. Ideally make the patties about 1/2″ thick and slightly wider than the burger buns.
4. Season patties generously with salt and pepper. Use your thumb to make an indention in the middle of the patties.
5. Place the patties on the heated skillet or grill.
6. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of beef reaches 160˚F.
7. Add cheese on top of patties during the last 1-2 minutes.
8. To assemble the burger, place the bottom bun on a plate. Then add a piece of cheddar, cheesy patties, bacon, onions, pickle slices, and lettuce.
9. Spread ketchup and mustard on the top bun.
10. Then add the top bun on top of the toppings. Serve hot with French fries, sprite, and barbeque sauce.
Tips for Making a Great Travis Scott Cheeseburger
- We recommend preparing the toppings and buns before cooking burger patties.
- Use high-quality ground chuck beef with 20% fat.
- Shape your patties slightly wider than the bun as they’ll shrink once heated.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper just prior to cooking, as salt changes the structure of proteins and will toughen your burger if you salt the ground beef before forming it into patties.
- To ensure that the beef cooks evenly, make a thumbprint indentation in the center of each patty before cooking. This will help patties hold their shape during cooking.
- Once in the skillet or on the grill, let patties sear well before flipping. Also, make sure not to press down on the burger.
What Are the Best Burger Buns for This Recipe?
We recommend using sesame seeds hamburger buns as they’re soft and fluffy, similar to the ones used by McDonald’s. It’s best to toast them before assembling.
Beef Internal Temperature for Burgers
When cooking beef, you always want to pay attention to internal temperature. Ground beef must be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F to ensure it’s safe to eat. Anything colder than that runs the risk of you consuming bacteria and becoming sick.
What is Quarter Pounder?
A quarter pounder is exactly what it sounds like. McDonald’s coined this term back in 1971 for their classic burger made with 1/4 pound of fresh beef, seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper and sizzled on a flat iron grill.
How Much Does the Travis Scott Burger Cost?
The full Travis Scott meal (including drinks and sides) is $6 plus tax at McDonald’s restaurants. Demand has been high for this celebrity-branded meal, with many restaurants selling out.
How Many Calories Does A Travis Scott Burger Have?
It’s no surprise that this decadent dish isn’t exactly diet-friendly. Still, at 630 calories, the Travis Scott burger is lower in calories than other burgers sold by the fast-food chain.
If You Like This Recipe Try These Out
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Travis Scott Burger turns out!
McDonald’s Travis Scott Burger Recipe (+VIDEO)
For the Burger:
- 1 lb ground chuck beef 80/20
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the Buns
- 4 burger buns sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1/4 tablespoon butter softened
Travis Scott Burger Toppings:
- 8 slices medium cheddar cheese thick sliced
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 bunch green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dill pickle slices
- ketchup to taste
- mustard to taste
Optional for Servings:
- French Fries
- barbeque sauce
- Prepare the toppings: Prepare the topping ingredients by washing lettuce and slicing onions.
- Cook the bacon strips in a skillet until crisp. Cut them into thinner strips if you prefer.
- Prepare the buns: Toast the buns on a skillet or grill until golden brown. Then spread softened butter on the cut-side of the buns. (You can toast buns first or in the last few minutes before the burgers are ready.)
- Cooke the burger: Divide ground beef into 4 equal portions and form patties. Ideally you’d like to have patties that are about 1/2" thick and slightly wider than the burger buns.
- Season patties generously with salt and pepper.
- Use your thumb to make an indention in the middle of the patties.
- Heat a skillet or grill. Place the patties on the skillet or grill.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until the juices are accumulating on top of the burger. Flip the burger and cook for about 4 minutes or until the internal temperature of beef reaches 160˚F.
- Add cheese on top of patties during the last 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the burger: place the bottom bun on a plate. Then add a piece of cheddar, cheesy patties, bacon, onions, pickle slices, and lettuce.
- Spread ketchup and mustard on the top bun. Then add the top bun on top of the toppings.
- Serve hot with French fries, sprite, and barbeque sauce.
- Be sure to toast the buns as this will add great flavors to your burger as well as prevent a soggy bun.
- Use 80/20 ground chuck beef for the juiciest and tender burger.