Rice Noodles are a delicious ingredient in many Asian cuisines and can be easily turned into a hearty meal. We’ve collected the 13 Best Rice Noodle Recipes that are easy to make and mouth-watering delicious.
Noodle dishes, stir-fry’s, we’ll even throw in a soup and salad recipe for you! Thai dishes, Vietnamese dishes, we’ll take you on a joyful journey that will leave you, your family, and friends craving more.
How to Cook Rice Noodles?
There’re different types of rice noodles, so it’s best to follow the instructions on the package. Generally, you’ll need to soak your rice noodles in cold water for about 10 minutes until they’re nice and soft. Be sure to drain well!
How to Prevent Rice Noodles from Sticking Together?
The easiest way to prevent rice noodles from sticking together is to use the noodles right away. However, if you’re not going to use them right away simply rinse them with cold water. This will remove the surface starch and cool the noodles. Once you finish rinsing them, toss them in a bowl with just a small amount of oil which will prevent any further sticking. Toss them every five or ten minutes until you’re ready to use them!
Singapore Rice Noodle Recipes
This popular dish features rice noodles with pork and vegetables, along with some chicken and shrimp. Add in a little curry powder to add some mild, healthy, heat. Ready in 20 minutes and you can substitute the meats, even try it with beef!
Singapore Noodles have been called a cross between curry and pad thai. Interestingly enough it has zero Singaporian connections. It’s believed the dish started somewhere in Hong Kong. It’s easy to make and you’ll be enjoying this dish in just 30 minutes!
This quick Singapore Rice Noodles recipe is a delicious one-skillet meal. Use whatever meat and vegetables you want, and substitute the meat for tofu to make this dish vegetarian. Add in chili peppers, chili paste, or sriracha to spice this dish up.
Rice Noodle Stir Fry Recipes
Stir-Fry dishes are always a hit with family and friends. This recipe is no different! Quick and easy, and served within 30 minutes!! Add the vegetables and spices you want, and voila – this will soon become a staple in your house!!!
The variety of noodles available at grocery stores or markets is just like pasta’s to Italians – they come in all shapes and sizes. This recipe calls for vermicelli noodles. Also known as rice noodles. Just a handful of ingredients, the recipe will give you 19 grams of protein!
If you’ve never tried a Vietnamese dish you’re truly missing out. Tender, flavorful beef with soft rice noodles. Yes! Pho is the most well-known Vietnamese dish in the world.
Thai Rice Noodle Recipes
7. Pad Woon Sen
This Thai stir-fried noodle dish is made with glass noodles, your choice of meats and veggies, and all tossed with a sweet sauce. Pad Woon Sen is known as comfort food, and we can attest it will indeed comfort your soul!
It’s one of the most popular Asian dishes in North America. Pad Thai means “Thai-style stir-fried noodles”. This recipe is quick to make, and ready to serve on your table in 30 minutes!
Quick and delicious Thai noodle stir fry! The flavor of this recipe has been described as “out of this world.” Served with your choice of meat or make it vegetarian too! Give it a try today!!
How does this sound…cozy, comforting, and fragrant? Did we mention flavor-packed as well? This will warm you up quicker than you can say “Rice Noodle Soup.”
Loaded with healthy veggies, this vegan salad is sure to please. And for those that prefer meat in your salad, that’s an option here as well. Believe it or not, the key ingredient in this salad is fresh orange juice! Intrigued yet?
Flat Rice Noodle Recipes
Chow Fun Flat Noodles are chewy and absorb flavors really well. Cooked with beef and veggies, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Packed with so much flavor and texture, beef stir-fry is now another North American favorite Asian dish. 15 minutes and ready to serve at least 4 people, the key here is to have everything ready to go as cook time, and heat will be key!
Are Rice Noodles Gluten-Free?
Yes. Rice noodles are made of rice and water. So, they’re naturally gluten-free, unlike regular pasta and most noodles that contain wheat flour. So go on, enjoy, gluten-free, guilt-free!
13 Best Rice Noodle Recipes That Are Easy to Make at Home
- 6 oz rice noodles (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato (seeds removed, and sliced into thin strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak the rice noodles in room temperature water according to package instructions. Then drain the noodles using a colander. You can cut them into shorter pieces.
- While the noodles are soaking, mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and sauté until cooked through about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, and add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add garlic, and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add onions, cabbage, tomato, carrots, and white pepper to the skillet and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the pan, and add the beaten eggs to the empty space in the pan. Scramble the eggs until the eggs are cooked through.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, and then add noodles, and the sauce. Stir-fry until the noodles are soft and everything’s coated with the sauce.