Rice casseroles are an easy way to get dinner on the table in short order. They’re easy to make, comforting, and loaded with flavors.
If you’re looking for new dinner ideas, take a look at these delicious casseroles. In this post, we’re sharing 16 of the best rice casseroles for you to make at home.
Broccoli, rice, and two kinds of cheese come together to create this comforting casserole. Serve it alongside your favorite meat or fish for a meal your family will love!
Chicken and rice is a classic casserole that’s enjoyed by kids and adults alike. This dish comes together easily. All you need to add is a side of fresh veggies and you’re good to go!
This hamburger rice casserole is better than anything you’ll find at the supermarket and your kids will love it! It’s a delicious blend of ground beef, rice, and cheese.
Two kinds of soup make this hearty dish extra creamy. Add a steamed green veggie for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Your family will love the flavors of this chicken and wild rice casserole. It’s loaded with lean chicken, healthy wild rice, and fresh mushrooms. Add a crisp side salad and you’re good to go!
This creamy chicken and rice casserole cooks up quick enough to serve on busy weeknights. It has an irresistible Ritz cracker topping and is ready to serve in 50 minutes.
The Mexican flavors of this one skillet rice casserole really shine through. It’s a hearty dish that takes just 25 minutes to make and is delicious served with sour cream and fresh avocado.
Choose mild or spicy Italian sausage to make this hearty sausage and rice casserole. It’s on the table in just 30 minutes and your family will love the flavors.
This protein-rich taco rice casserole is ready to eat in just 40 minutes. Serve it to your family when you’re short on time!
Canned tuna adds healthy lean protein to this creamy rice casserole. It’s loaded with mozzarella cheese and takes just 40 minutes to make.
If you have some leftover turkey on hand, use it to make this tasty rice casserole. It’s super easy to make and totally comforting.
You’ll need just six ingredients and 30 minutes to make this hearty broccoli rice and cheese casserole. It’s a one-dish meal that your family will love!
A crockpot makes easy work of this chicken and rice casserole. Set it up in the morning, and come home to a healthy and delicious meal that’s ready to eat.
You’ll love the combination of flavors and textures in this ground beef and rice casserole. Serve it during the week when you’re short on time!
Cauliflower replaces regular rice in this keto-friendly dish. It takes just 20 minutes to make and has 5 net grams of carbs per serving.
Serve this comforting rice casserole over the holidays when you’re likely to have leftover ham on hand. It’s ready to serve in an hour and is hearty and delicious.
Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups fresh broccoli cut into bite-size or you can use frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cooked white rice room temperature
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter.
- Once melted, add onion and broccoli and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add flour, garlic, and black pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk constantly until combined.
- Remove from heat, and add mustard, paprika, cream cheese. Mix together.
- Add 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the mixture has thickened. Make sure the cheese mixture is quite thick.
- Add in room temperature rice. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted and the casserole is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!