Whether you’re looking to make your busy weeknights easier or serve a large crowd, we’ve got you covered with 15 of the best Pasta Bake Recipes.
From baked ziti to chicken noodle casserole and baked mac and cheese, each recipe is easy to make and will have you feeling excited about your pasta casseroles!
Like a grown-up version of mac and cheese, this creamy baked pasta uses cavatappi noodles, also called corkscrew pasta, and a homemade cheese sauce. This dish is delicious on its own or served as a side.
Packed with rich, flavorful layers of vegetables, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and marinara sauce, then wrapped in individual tender lasagna pasta, these Lasagna Rolls are versatile and much easier to make than traditional lasagna. Plus, they reheat and freeze well.
Layers of penne pasta, ham, and cheese with an irresistible crispy au gratin top will satisfy even picky eaters. Perfect as a weeknight dinner or brunch and an easy casserole when feeding a crowd.
Made-from-scratch Southern Baked Mac and Cheese made with 3 types of cheese and delicious Southern flavors is the ideal soul food. Creamy, cheesy, and perfectly seasoned, it’s great served as a side dish for any celebration or holiday feast!
This lasagna recipe is packed with layers of meaty lasagna, baked in a pot, and turned upside down to serve. This mouthwatering main course is ready in half the time of traditional recipes!
Savory cupcakes are fun to share and easy to make ahead of time for a party. All you need to make these bite-size appetizers is pasta sauce, meatballs, parmesan cheese, and an egg to hold them together. Plus, it’s a fabulous way to use up leftover spaghetti.
If you want hearty comfort food that’s easy and irresistible, try this cheesy pasta casserole recipe. It’s loaded with cheesy pasta and beef and coated in marinara sauce topped with even more cheese! Freezer-friendly and perfect for leftovers.
This delicious vegetarian baked ziti recipe combines cheesy mozzarella, flavorful red sauce, roasted vegetables, and pasta into one dish. Great for a family get-together or a weekend dinner!
This comforting pasta casserole makes it easy to feed a crowd! With just a few simple ingredients, this recipeis easy to make for impromptu get-togethers.
Easy to make and budget friendly, this delicious tuna pasta casserole is loaded with tuna, pasta, vegetables and seasoned to perfection. It’s ready in 45 minutes and soon will be your family favorite
This is one of our favorite pasta bake recipes. Loaded with egg noodles, chicken breast, and a creamy filling, this casserole is delicious, comforting, perfect for a weeknight family dinner!
The combination of beef and noodles are so flavorful and comforting. This recipe is easy to make with a few simple ingredients: ground beef, tomato sauce, egg noodles, and cheese. All mixed together and baked to perfection.
This creamy pasta casserole only takes 10 minutes, a jar of Alfredo sauce, and a rotisserie chicken to make. It’ll be one of the quickest meals you’ll ever prepare! Perfect with a side of broccoli, a crisp green salad, garlic bread, or a crusty baguette.
Adding ham and broccoli to your pasta casserole takes it from basic to amazing! Even the picky eaters will love this creamy and comforting meal! Make it at your next family get together and it will be a guaranteed hit!
If you’re looking for the best vegetarian lasagna recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This delicious lasagna combines ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses and is stuffed with vegetables. The perfect cold-weather comfort food.
The Best Pasta Bake Recipe
- For the Pasta
- 1/2 lb uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the Cheese Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup milk any kind
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more for adding to the water and cook the pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- optional chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Grease a square baking dish and set aside.
Cook the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, sprinkle some salt, and then add dried cavatappi pasta. Cook until al dente (About 1 minute less than the package directs).
- Drain the pasta and drizzle with olive oil to keep it from sticking. Set aside to cool while preparing cheese sauce.
Make the Cheese Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually pour in the milk and heavy cream, stirring constantly. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for a few minutes until you see bubbles on the surface. Then continue cooking for 2 more minutes until the mixture is barely thickened.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
Assemble and Bake
- Add the cooked cavatappi noodles and toss to coat.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over the top.
- Add the remaining mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle the optional chopped parsley, and serve hot with your favorite veggie or salad.
- Use the high-quality block cheese and shred it by yourself. Avoid pre-shredded cheese as it won’t melt properly.
- When making the roux, make sure the milk is cold before adding it to the butter and flour mixture. This will prevent the flour from clumping.