The most incredible Deep Fried Cheesecake – Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside! you can’t resist this perfect individual fried dessert made with your favorite frozen or leftover cheesecake! Top with a strawberry glaze, caramel or chocolate sauce. Heavenly delicious!
Fried cheesecake is one of my favorite treats at the state fair. Now you can make these delicious cheesecake bites at home with this simple recipe. Serve them at your next party and watch them disappear!
Individual cheesecake bites are wrapped in a delicious puffy batter and dusted with powdered sugar, then drizzled with your favorite sauce!
Deep Fried Cheesecake
I usually don’t like deep-fried dessert but there are a few exceptions like oreo, ice cream, cookie dough, and these fried cheesecake bites. They have a perfect combination of crispy and creamy texture! You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
To save time, I used a pre-made frozen cheesecake in this recipe. You can also use a leftover cheesecake if you happen to have one at home. It’s a perfect way to turn your leftover homemade cheesecake into something amazing!
What You’ll Need to Make Fried Cheesecake
- Frozen Cheesecake: or leftover cheesecake.
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable Oil: for frying.
I also dusted the fried cheesecake bites with powdered sugar and drizzle with caramel sauce (or strawberry sauce/chocolate sauce). But these are optional for serving only.
How to Make Fried Cheesecake
First, cut the frozen cheesecake into 1-2 inch cubes. Don’t worry, and it will turn into ball shapes after being covered with batter and deep-fried! If you use leftover cheesecake, freeze it for 1 hour before cutting.
I used a homemade deep-fried cheesecake batter, but you can also use pancake batter.
Then heat up a quart of oil in a saucepan to 375°F (this can take 10 minutes or longer). A deep fry thermometer is recommended to make sure the oil stays at the right temperature. Then dip your cheesecake pieces into the batter and slowly drop it in the saucepan. Fry about 3 minutes for each piece. The square piece will magically turn into cheesecake balls in the oil. Repeat the process until all the pieces have been fried to perfect golden-brown. See the process photos below:
Use a slotted spoon to take them out and place on a plate with a paper towel on top. Dust with powder sugar and drizzle with your favorite sauce.
What Kind of Sauce Goes with Fried Cheesecake?
Some of my favorite dipping sauce include strawberry sauce, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. When combined with fried cheesecake balls, they taste out-of-this-world delicious!
Can You Reheat Deep Fried Cheesecake?
These fried cheesecake bites taste best when they are fresh. I don’t recommend reheating them, as you will lose the crispy texture and it’s easy to break them.
Tips for the Perfect Deep Fried Cheesecake:
The secret to making perfect Fried Cheesecake is the deep-frying technique. You have to get the temperature right and fry them for the right amount of time to achieve the perfect texture! Make sure to control the temperature between 350°F and 375°F.
If you’d like a lighter crust for these delicious bites, you can use the combination of wheat flour and rice flour in the batter. This variation is called tempura cheesecake.
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Like:
Perfect Fried Cheesecake Recipe (+VIDEO)
- 15 ounces frozen cheesecake (If you use leftover cheesecake, freeze it for 1 hour before cutting)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 quart vegetable oil
For Serving (Optional)
- powdered sugar
- caramel sauce (or strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce)
- In a medium-large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and mix well.
- Add milk and 2 teaspoon oil, mix until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil to about 375°F.
- While the oil is heating, place the frozen cheesecake on a cutting board. Cut into small squares.
- Dip a frozen cheesecake square into the batter until coated, shake off excess and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until the cheesecake is golden brown. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Repeat and finish all the pieces. Dust with optional sugar and drizzle with optional sauces. Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure the temperature of the oil won’t drop below 375°F.
- Deep fryer works best for this recipe, but if you don’t have one you can make it in a deep pan. Add at least 2 inches of oil and follow the instructions to fry them until crispy and brown.
Editor note: Originally published April 26, 2019 and updated June 27, 2020.