Cheesecake Egg Rolls are filled with cream cheese and mixed berries, all wrapped in soft egg rolls and baked to crispy perfection. The perfect make-ahead appetizer or dessert for any event!
There’s just something about cream cheese egg rolls – that crispy exterior and hot creamy interior. I can’t get enough of them! Making these dessert egg rolls is so easy and everyone loves them!
These are the BEST EVER cheesecake egg rolls. I have made this cream cheese egg rolls multiple times to get it absolutely perfect! I’m so happy with how these came out.
Soft and creamy spring rolls sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Yes, yes, yes! We are doing this.
Ingredients in this Cheesecake Egg Rolls Recipe
These dessert egg rolls are filled with chopped strawberries, blueberries, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
Once rolled, they are baked until crispy and hot. You can also fry them and you’ll get a more beautiful and crispy golden rolls. I prefer a healthier style with the baking method.
You may be wondering where to buy egg roll wrappers and most grocery stores have them, usually in the produce area.
What Kind of Fruits Can I Use for Filling Ideas
This recipe is versatile and you can try different combinations. Here are a few ideas:
- Use strawberries only for strawberry cheesecake egg rolls
- Raspberries, blackberries, diced pineapple or peaches
- Diced apples or cherries.
If you want to mix different fruits, make sure that they will be cooked through with the same amount of time.
Don’t Forget to Soften Cream Cheese
It’s important to use softened cream cheese in this recipe for easier mixing. It’s best to remove it from the fridge ahead of time (about 1 hour) before cooking.
Alternatively, you can use microwave method and soften it quickly. Just unwrapped cream cheese and place it on a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute.
How to Wrap Egg Rolls
Wrapping egg roll is easy, just resist the urge to stuff with too much filling!
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed toward you.
- Place the filling near the bottom corner.
- Lift the bottom corner and cover the filling.
- Fold over the left side, and then the right side towards the center.
- Then roll it towards the top corner. (You will need to seal the edges with water and flour mixture if you choose to fry them!)
You can also wrap them into the wonton shape and turn them into cheesecake wontons!
How to Make Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Start with mixing together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add the mixture to the egg roll wrappers and make into rolls.
- Bake at 375 F degrees for about 10 minutes.
That’s it! Incredibly easy! You can serve them with ice cream, and then top with strawberry drizzle or sprinkle more cinnamon sugar. So delicious!
Make them Ahead
You can make this recipe ahead and freeze until you are ready to bake or fry them at a later time. Don’t leave uncooked cheesecake egg rolls in the fridge as egg roll wrappers will dry out quickly.
How to Reheat Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Leftover egg rolls are good for a few days in the refrigerator. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 300 F degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Cheesecake Egg Rolls are filled with cream cheese and mixed berries, all wrapped in soft egg rolls and baked to crispy perfection
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pound egg roll wraps
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
Preheat over to 375 F degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
Place egg roll wrap on a flat surface; add 1 tablespoon of mixture towards the bottom corner, and add a small scoop of berries on top.
Fold into a wrap. Repeat until you finish mixture and berries.
- Place cheesecake egg rolls onto baking sheet; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 10 min or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
More Cheesecake Recipes