If you’re planning a cozy night at home, these Easy Dinner Ideas for Two are perfect for cooking your own date-night meal. From healthy to comforting to completely indulgent, you’ll find some dishes below that will satisfy both you and your date! For more Valentine’s or anniversary dinner recipes, check out our Romantic Dinner Ideas and Fancy Dessert Recipes.
What Are Some Easy Dinner Ideas for Two to Make Tonight?
Whether you’re looking for something romantic, easy, healthy, or quick to make, there are plenty of options available to you! You can make your dinner more impressive with a great presentation! Grab some candles, place the food on the plate delicately and you will have a meal that is sure to impress. Some easy dinner ideas include salmon taco bowls, oysters, easy beef stroganoff, and pepperoni pizza pasta bake. Try it out tonight and you won’t be disappointed.
Healthy Dinner Ideas for Two
- Perfect Filet Mignon for Two: If you’re looking for a tender cut of beef that doesn’t even require any fancy seasonings, then filet mignon is the answer! All you need is olive oil, salt, and pepper. Simple pan-searing will cook it to perfection! For the best taste, cook it to medium-rare but you can cook it to your preferred doneness.
- Maple Glazed Sockeye Salmon: This may become your new favorite recipe! Glazed Salmon recipe only takes 5 ingredients, easy to make, and even easier to clean up! It’s a delicious recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight, plus you can double this recipe up for an elegant meal with friends or the kids.
- Salmon Taco Bowls: Homemade taco seasoning for salmon? Yes, absolutely! These salmon taco bowls are served with flavorful sofrito rice, avocado, salsa, green onion, cilantro, or any other toppings prefer!
Best Date Night Romantic Dinner Ideas
- Sous Vide Lobster Tails with Lemon Butter: One of the easier ways to cook Lobster tails, sous vide allows you to cook the food to the exact temperature you set. They turn out incredibly tender, juicy, and full of delicious lemon butter flavor. It’s completely no-fail, and produces the most succulent restaurant-quality seafood right in the comfort of your home!
- Chicken Marsala for Two: Quick and easy Chicken Thighs Marsala for Two all in one skillet! The perfect meal for a romantic date night, or even a casual weeknight dinner. In just 3 simple steps, this recipe makes restaurant-quality chicken that’s mouth-watering delicious.
- Easy Beef Stroganoff for Two: If your partner loves beef stroganoff but you don’t want to take the effort to make a classic large quantity meal, then this recipe is for you. It’s loaded with ground beef, onions, tender mushrooms, and egg noodles all coated in a rich creamy savory sauce. Plus it’s ready in just 25 minutes.
- Date Night Sirloin Steak for Two: A cast iron, a steak, and some veggies are all you need to make this easy steak dinner. Serve the tender and juicy sirloins steak with creamy mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and steamed vegetables – what more could you ask for?
Creative Dinner Recipes for Two
- Stuffed Pork Chops for Two: The perfect meal for two, these stuffed pork chops make just the right portions for both you and your date. They’re tender, juicy pork chops that are full of flavor from spinach, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes. You’ll experience a bit of a nutty flavor from the Parmesan cheese, but it’s truly the best part of it all! Serve the chops with some rice or a salad and your meal for two will be a hit.
- Marry Me Chicken: If you really want to get creative, use this recipe to pop the question! Yes, it’s Marry Me Chicken! This dish is creamy, juicy, and full of flavor! This creamy chicken is also family-friendly, and certainly please anyone! All you need to make this dish is just a few ingredients and about half an hour of your time.
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake for Two: Is it Pasta, is it pizza? Pepperoni pizza pasta bake! It’s a quick and easy meal that serves two people extremely well. Plus, if you couldn’t find a babysitter for the night, you can easily double or even triple this recipe to feed your whole crowd
Christmas Dinner Ideas for Two
- Crockpot BBQ Ribs: This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. All you have to do is to dump and go! With a few minutes of prepration, you’ll come home to a delicious aroma! They’re so juicy, tender, and of course, easy to make.
- Seared Scallops for Two: Looking for something elegant to make but you’re running out of time? Don’t fret, seared scallops are here to save the day! Ready in just 15 minutes, seared scallops are completely versatile – you can serve them up as an appetizer or as a main course.
- Roasted Turkey Breast With Rosemary & Garlic: Want to make a turkey meal for Christmas for two and don’t want to cook up the entire turkey? This roasted turkey breasts recipe is the perfect solution. It’s full of rosemary, garlic, and lemon flavor. Plus it’s Keto and Gluten-free too!
Easy Meals For Two On A Budget
- Lemon Cilantro Shrimp For Two: This lemon cilantro shrimp is loaded with succulent shrimp, and takes just 20 minutes to cook. It’s a quick and easy meal – perfect for a date night!
- Pad Thai For Two With Shrimp: This shrimp pad thai for two is loaded with tender shrimp, rice noodles, and vegetables. Try it once and you won’t want to go back to takeout!
- One-Pot Fettuccine Alfredo For Two: This easy-to-make One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo calls for a few simple ingredients like butter, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and parsley – so flavorful and satisfying. It takes about 20 minutes to make this indulgent creamy pasta!
16 Easy Dinner Ideas for Two (Best Filet Mignon for Two Recipe & More)
- 3/4 lbs filet mignon two 6-oz filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place the rack in the middle position.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot. (Make sure to use oven mitts.)
- Rub the steak with 1/2 tablespoon of oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Place the filet mignons in the pan.
- Sear the first side for 2 minutes. Then flip and sear the other side for 2 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and butter. Then transfer the steak to the oven.
- Bake for about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare doneness (125-130°F ), measuring the internal temperature using an instant-read thermometer.
- Allow the steak rest for 5 minutes on a plate before cutting. Serve and enjoy!