We’ve collected 16 of the Best Big Family Dinner Ideas for people to gather around the table and enjoy some quality time. From impossible hamburger pie to party sloppy joes, you’ll be inspired.
Make sloppy joes for a large group of people with this hearty and flavorful recipe! They’re easy to make in just 30 minutes whenever you have company.
For those that don’t slow down on the weekend, this one’s for you! Crockpot Mississippi roast is juicy, tender and only takes 10 minutes of your time to prep! From the succulent beef, to the tender veggies, and the rich gravy, this dish is perfect!
Hamburger pie is sure to become one of your family’s favorite meals. You’ll love it for how quick and easy it is to pull together. Serve it during the week when you’re strapped for time.
Delicious, hearty, and comforting chicken noodle soup is loaded with chicken, noodles, and vegetables. Best of all, it takes only 30 minutes when made from scratch!
Is there anything better than serving ham to a large group of people? This recipe quickly fills your home up with an incredible aroma and provides your taste buds with an unforgettable experience.
If it’s a comforting dish you’re looking for, give this recipe a try! It’s warm, savory, and delicious to the very last bite. Made with Bisquick, the dumplings are super-easy to make and can be cooked on the stovetop in a Dutch oven or in a slow cooker.
Take everything you love about a taco salad and turn it into a warm, cheesy, baked walking taco casserole! The entire family will love this Tex-Mex recipe, with its succulent ground beef, gooey cheddar cheese and crunchy Fritos, Doritos, or Tortilla Chips. It’s easy to assemble ahead of time and bake later for a quick dinner!
This fun pizza is divided into sections with different toppings representing the four seasons. This classic Italian recipe starts with homemade pizza dough and fresh ingredients for the best flavor. It’s so much fun to make and eat!
There’s no need to bake your shepherd’s pie in a casserole dish – this one is prepared and baked in a skillet, so fewer dishes to wash! It’s delicious, flavorful, and full of beef, onions, carrots and corn. You’ll love the creamy mash potato topping
Get ready to take your classic mac and cheese recipe to the next level! This baked macaroni and cheese is made from scratch and turns out incredibly creamy and cheesy every time! Serve it with a green veggie on the side for a complete meal your family will love.
This melt-in-your-mouth dish is perfect for a large group of people. It’s easy to prepare, and comes out tender and juicy with a deliciously rich sauce. Your family will certainly ask for this one again and again!
This recipe takes your traditional lasagna routine and turns it upside down – literally! Party lasagna is a mouthwatering dish that’s full of meaty flavors and is ready to serve in half the time of regular recipes.
Tender and juicy is just what you’ll get with this Boneless Prime Rib Roast. Simply slow roast it in the oven and have it ready in time to feed your family and guests.
These easy baked ribs fall off the bone tender! Plus, you’ll even get a guide here on how long to bake them according to temperature.
This recipe combines strips of beef, mushrooms, and egg noodles in a creamy sour cream sauce. This hearty dish is ready to eat in under an hour!
Perfect for you, your family, and guests – this baked ziti dish is ideal to feed a crowd. You’ll love how this recipe includes tips and tricks on how to perfectly cook pasta, and make a rich and flavorful homemade sauce.
What Dinner to Cook for a Big Family: Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce 8 oz
- 3 cups provolone cheese sliced or shredded
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 12 hamburger buns brioche buns recommended
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and set aside a pizza pan.
- Place a cast iron skillet or large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with oil, and add the ground beef and diced onions. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes or until the beef is browned and onions are translucent. Strain out the fat that accumulates.
- Add in salt and pepper, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar and tomato sauce. Mix thoroughly and reduce the heat.
- Simmer and cook the Sloppy Joe mixture for about 6 to 8 minutes until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Place the bottom half of the buns on a pizza pan (arrange them close to each other), then top them with the cooked sloppy joe mixture. Sprinkle it with cheese. Add the top halves of buns and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Make Ahead: You can cook the beef and onions and add all the other ingredients except the cheese and buns. Let the mixture cool completely and then freeze in a resealable plastic bag. Bake before serving.