Shrimp appetizers are ideal for parties, as they’re small enough to be finger food and work well hot or cold. We’ve rounded up 13 of the best shrimp appetizers that are easy to cook at home.
Best Shrimp Appetizers
This sweet and spicy shrimp appetizer is packed with flavors and made with the easiest, and most delicious sriracha sauce! Better and healthier than Applebee’s sriracha shrimp!
Easy Blackened Shrimp
This Cajun-style shrimp is mouth-watering, succulent shrimp coated with delicious blackened seasoning that’s bursting with cajun flavor. It’s a quick and delicious meal that comes together in just 15 minutes.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Shrimp
With an Instant Pot, you can cook frozen shrimp without having to thaw first. Honey garlic shrimp are sweet, spicy and super easy to make.
This quick and easy appetizer is always a crowd-pleaser. Serve with a classic cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp
This mouthwatering shrimp appetizer features jumbo shrimp sautéed with a homemade garlic butter sauce with fresh parsley for a stunning presentation! It’s ready in just 15 minutes for an easy appetizer or main course.
Bang Bang Shrimp
Chinese bang bang Shrimp is crispy and sizzling shrimp smothered in a creamy, sweet and spicy bang bang sauce. This easy copycat appetizer recipe is inspired by popular Bonefish Grill bang bang shrimp. It’s great added to pasta, rice or tacos!
Air Fryer Breaded Frozen Shrimp
Air fried shrimp are crispy on the outside, but tender and juicy on the inside. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for an addictive appetizer.
Boiled Frozen Shrimp
Boiled shrimp are great for shrimp cocktail, salads and pastas. Learn the perfect cooking time to get tender, juicy shrimp
Skillet Shrimp Fajitas
This is an easy and flavorful Mexican dinner packed with juicy blackened shrimp, bell peppers and onions. Seasoned with cumin powder, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cooked in one pan!
This makes an irresistible appetizer that’s tender on the inside, and crispy, sweet and crunchy on the outside. They’re mouthwateringly delicious and the first to go at a party!
This mouthwatering Japanese shrimp is sticky and slightly sweet dish you can make in 15 minutes with under 300 calories. Shrimp Teriyaki is a quick weeknight dinner that’s loaded with authentic teriyaki flavor, and so easy to make.
Healthy Sous Vide Shrimp
Sous vide shrimp are extra tender and juicy because of this special cooking method. You simply can’t achieve this texture with stovetop cooking.
Mini Shrimp Tostadas Bites
These Tostada bites are delicious bite-size appetizers featuring shrimp and guacamole with a slightly spicy kick. They’re easy to make in less than 30 minutes whenever you’re entertaining, whether it’s for Game Day or holidays!
Best Shrimp Appetizer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp 21-25 count, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut sweetened
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- Thai sweet chili sauce optional, for dipping
- Thaw your shrimp if frozen and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside three small-medium bowls.
- In the first bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, beat the eggs.
- In the third bowl, mix together coconut and Panko bread crumbs.
- Holding shrimp by the tail, dredge in the flour mixture, shake off excess and dip into beaten egg. Then dredge thoroughly in the coconut mixture to coat.
- Place the coated shrimp on a baking sheet and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan or deep fryer, add 2-3 inches of oil and heat to 375°F.
- Fry shrimp in batches of 2-3 for about 2 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve with your Thai sweet chili sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply