From maple syrup and whipped cream to healthy fruit and fruit sauces, here are the top 10 Best Pancake Toppings to prepare for your next morning fiesta.
What Are The Most Popular Pancake Toppings?
According to the study, the most popular topping is the combination of lemon and sugar, followed by maple syrup and chocolate (Nutella). Bacon is also on the list as the best savory topping.
What Can I Add On My Pancakes Instead of Syrup?
If you’re looking for a change in your pancake regime, then skip the syrup and try a few of these substitutions instead. You can opt for some jam/jelly, fresh fruit or even fruit sauces. If you’re looking to add a bit more thickness to your bite, then reach for the peanut butter, chocolate or nutella. Or if you’re really looking for your pancakes to be extra hearty, top them with some eggs, bacon or ice cream! Let your cravings lead the way!
Most Common Pancake Topping Ideas
- Maple Syrup: There is nothing better than the sweet taste of maple syrup on your pancakes. With hints of maple, caramel, vanilla, and prune maple syrup can be a bit complex in taste.
- Whipped Cream: All that fluffy goodness topped onto your pancakes is certainly something you can’t overlook. Made from heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla, whipped cream compliments your pancakes with every bite!
- Melted Chocolate or Nutella: If chocolate is what you’re craving, then be sure to top your pancakes with some of your favorite melted chocolate or Nutella. It provides a bit of richness and compliments your fluffy pancakes by providing a bit more substance.
Healthy Pancake Toppings
- Sliced Bananas: Why not get a bit of potassium with your pancakes and top them with some sliced bananas?! You can mix mashed bananas into the pancakes batter, or simply add banana slices on top. Or if you’re really feeling ambitious, caramelize the bananas for an even sweeter taste.
- Sliced Kiwi: A sweet, refreshing fruit with a bit of a tart taste, sliced kiwi can add natural sweetness to each bite of your pancakes.
- Chopped Nuts: If you’re looking for a bit of crunch in your bite, then chopped nuts are the way to go! Grab some mixed nuts for a bit more variety in taste, but be sure to chop them up finely so that they don’t overpower your pancakes.
Fruit Sauce Pancake Toppings
- Peach Compote: Step up your pancake game with this quick and easy peach compote! It’s made with fresh or frozen peaches, sugar, and lemon juice, plus it’s ready in just 15 minutes! Serve this homemade peach sauce on your pancakes, or anything else that could use a bit of a fruity flavor.
- Apple Topping for Pancakes: Take your fluffy old-fashioned pancakes to a new level by kicking them up with some fresh cut apples that are cooked in a cinnamon syrup glaze. Serve it with more syrup, powdered sugar, or simply eat them as is. It’s pancakes with chunky, ooey-gooey apple goodness!
- Blueberry Sauce: In just a few minutes, this blueberry sauce will come together for the best warm pancake topping. All you have to do is throw the blueberries, a little bit of water, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring this mixture to a low boil, and voila – blueberry sauce!
- Strawberry Topping: It’s a 15-minute sauce recipe which means it’s quick and easy to make. You can’t go wrong serving this delicious topping on ice cream, cheesecake, and especially your pancakes!
You May Also Like
Apple Pancake Topping
- 2 apples peeled, core removed, and diced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Add butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add apple, sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until the apples become soft. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve with pancakes.