Just saying the words ‘Banana Bread’ brings comfort to my soul. Besides this most popular banana dessert, there are plenty of other ways we love to make the most out of this delicious fruit. Ever tried a fried banana? Well, you’re about to! From banana pudding to banana muffins and pancakes, to monkey bars, and of course the classic banana split – there are 22 Best Banana Desserts all waiting for you below.
Undress those bananas, and dress up your dessert collection!
What to Do with Lots of Ripe Bananas?
If you come home and there are a ton of ripe bananas that you’re just at a loss of what to do with, then look below for some delicious recipes that call for ripe or even overripe bananas. Your options run from banana bread to banana muffins to cookies or even bars! If you’re still stuck, simply freeze them for later!
Easy No-Bake Banana Desserts
- Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding: If you’re a fan of Magnolia bakery then boy do we have a surprise for you!! It’s easy to make and filled with layers of creamy bananas and Nila wafers. It’s a taste of heaven with every bite!
- Banana Pudding Stuffed Chocolate Cake: The perfect combination of creamy banana pudding and caramel sauce hides inside a chocolate loaf cake in this banana pudding stuffed chocolate cake. All it takes is about 20 minutes and it will have everyone coming back for more. Plus it’s a great make-ahead option if you happen to be entertaining.
- Bananas Foster: A delicious rum-based dessert, bananas foster is a famous New Orleans dessert typically served over ice cream. Easy to make, all it takes is sliced bananas, brown sugar, and butter. Plus, if you’re really feeling adventurous, this recipe includes the flambe method too!
- Fried Bananas: These pan-fried bananas only take a few minutes to make and are easily transformed into a mouth-watering snack, dessert, or topping. They’re caramelized on the outside with a warm, soft, and sweet taste on the inside, making this a perfect topping for ice cream as well!
Hot Banana Dessert Recipes
- Best Banana Bread: Easy to make and turns out soft and moist – this truly is the best banana bread! The trick here is to use those ugly, OVERRIPE bananas for this bread – the ripper your bananas, the more moist your bread will be with an incredible banana flavor! All it takes is just 15 minutes of prep!
- Nutella Banana Crescent Ring: Perfect for any type of gathering, this Nutella banana crescent ring perfectly combines Nutella and bananas in an unbelievable way! This dessert is easy to make and even easier to eat! Best of all, it only takes 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes to make!
- Banana Muffins: Packed with flavor, these banana muffins are ready in just over 30 minutes! Skip the mixer with this recipe – just grab two bowls, some overripe bananas, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla to boost the flavor and you will have the perfect on the go snack!
- Banana Pancakes: Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, banana pancakes are delicately flavored with bananas! This recipe will easily provide you with twelve, 4-inch pancakes that taste perfectly with some maple syrup drizzled over top or even some fresh fruit!
- Monkey Bars (Banana Bread Bars): Soft and moist banana bread bars with browned butter icing – can you say YUM?!! This recipe is great for breakfast, brunch, desserts, and even potlucks. This simply can be described as the best banana bread you’ve ever tasted, cut into bars!
- Moist Banana Cake: Good for an on-the-go breakfast, a snack or an afternoon pick me up, this moist banana cake pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or tea. It’s moist, it melts in your mouth and it’s incredibly scrumptious! You won’t be disappointed with having to wait for it to come out of the oven.
Cold Banana Desserts
- Banana Split: If there is something that takes you back to your childhood, it’s a banana split. Nothing beats an old-fashioned banana split – it is delicious and all wrapped up in one bowl. So go ahead, grab the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream, a banana, peanuts, and maraschino cherries to be on your way to a dessert that both children and adults alike will love.
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream: Made with just 2 ingredients in a blender, this may be the easiest ice cream you have ever made, possibly even easier than running to the store to get some. Start with some ripe bananas, freeze, add that second ingredient and you are on your way to some creamy banana ice cream!
- Chocolate Covered Bananas: This just may be the easiest snack you’ve ever made! Chocolate-covered bananas are crispy and chocolatey on the outside, creamy and sweet on the inside – what more could you ask for? You can even top this with some m&m’s, fruity pebbles, or colored sprinkles! Enjoy!
Easy Ripe Banana Desserts
- Banana Bread Pudding: A mouthwatering dessert with banana, croissants, and chocolate flavors, it’s banana bread pudding!! It only takes 10 minutes of prep, budget-friendly, and perfect to serve at those potlucks or family gatherings! Serve it warm out of the oven drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: A classic recipe loaded with chocolate chips to make this recipe even more special! Alright, take a deep breath and smell that banana bread cooking in your humble abode right now. Fifteen minutes of prep will lead to days of delight. And oh yes, can we suggest leaving the banana bread on the counter, at room temperature covered in plastic, for best taste results.
- Banana Cream Pie: Creamy and delicious, banana cream pie is perfect for a family gathering or even during the rainy weather. It’s a no-bake pie so you will have to bake your crust ahead of time and then simply fill it with this deliciousness! If you really want to step it up a notch, try adding some baked coconut topping.
- Banana Blueberry Muffin: All you’ll need here is a few ingredients, and this recipe will be bursting with flavor. So juicy. So moist. Two fantastic fruits mixed together leads to one exceptional treat!
- Banana Brownies: Super moist, chewy, and fudgy banana brownies are a must-try! They are easily the perfect way to use up those bananas sitting around and get your chocolate fix. They have a hint of cocoa with a mild flavor of bananas, with a ton of chocolate chips – you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Mary Berry Banana Loaf: This is one of Mary Berry’s most popular recipes! A deliciously moist banana loaf that will leave you and your family craving more. And oh ya, the riper the bananas the better. Get baking!
Healthy Banana Desserts
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Moist with a chewy texture, these healthy banana oatmeal cookies are easy to whip up and only take 3 ingredients. Perfect for snacking or breakfast, they are gluten-free with no milk or refined sugar! So go on, enjoy – guilt-free!
- Peanut Butter Banana Bars: With just 3 simple ingredients, peanut butter, oats, bananas, you can enjoy these peanut butter banana bars in 30 minutes! They’re chewy, sweet, and a nourishing snack for your kids! Plus, the toppings are completely customizable!
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe: Comfort food personified! Fluffy, moist, and bursting with banana flavor!! Made with 100-percent whole wheat flour, and sweetened naturally with honey or maple syrup.
Can You Freeze Overripe Bananas?
The simple answer is, YES, you can freeze overripe bananas and you can freeze ripe bananas. The best way to do it is by slicing them up, placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pop in the freezer for a couple of hours, and then use them for your baking.
22 Best Banana Desserts that Are Easy to Make (Banana Pudding Recipe & More)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 10 oz Nilla Wafers
- 5 bananas peeled and sliced
- Add cream cheese into a large bowl. Beat it until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract. Keep beating until combined.
- Stir in half of the Cool Whip.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 of the wafers to the bottom in one single layer.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas.
- Then add 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top of the bananas. Spread it out evenly.
- Repeat this process with 2 more layers. Then top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.