Cooking Frozen Burritos in Air Fryer is the easiest way to prepare a perfect lunch, dinner, or even breakfast. These air fryer frozen burritos are soft and flavorful on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can use this method to cook chimichanga too! Keep some frozen burritos in the freezer and you can satisfy your Mexican food cravings at any time!
Whether you buy them at the store, or make them in batches and keep them in the freezer, burritos are a handy food to have on hand, especially if you’re often on the move or have hungry teens always looking for a snack. They’re packed with a lot of healthy ingredients and wrapped up in a tortilla for no-fuss eating.
If you have an air fryer, you probably know how great it is for making so many dishes and Frozen Burritos are no exception. This cooking method takes 30-40 minutes and only needs aluminum foil in addition to your burritos. Keep reading for tips on how to prepare a super tasty burrito using your air fryer.
Why Cook a Frozen Burrito in an Air Fryer?
As easy as it can be to microwave a Frozen Burrito, it just never has the same texture as a fresh one. Too much time cooking and you’ll run the risk of it getting soggy, too little and it’s still cold inside. Cooking your burritos in the air fryer gives them a wonderfully crispy, flakey outside and a soft and gooey inside.
What You’ll Need for This Recipe
- Frozen Burritos: This method is a great way to cook premade Frozen Burritos. Or, if you have a favorite recipe, make them in batches to freeze, then use the air fryer when you’re ready to eat them.
- Aluminum Foil: Unlike a microwave oven, you can use aluminum foil safely in an air fryer. It’s going to attract heat to your burrito and give it extra crispiness.
- Air Fryer: You will need an air fryer to use this cooking method. If you don’t have one, they are very widely available right now and small enough to go on any countertop. Ninja is my favorite Air Fryer and it works really well.
- Kitchen Tongs: Your wrapped burritos are going to be really HOT coming out of the air fryer, so it’s crucial that you do not touch them with your hands. Tongs are the best way to ensure you have a good grip on the burritos and don’t accidentally drop them.
How to Make Air Fryer Burritos
1. Wrap each frozen burrito in foil.
2. Preheat the air fryer by setting the temperature to 360ºF.
3. Place the burritos in the air fryer basket. Put back the basket and set the timer for 40 minutes. Flip the burritos after 20 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the burritos with kitchen tongs. Let it cool down slightly before unwrapping. Be careful that the burritos will be very hot right out of the air fryer.
- It’s important to wrap your frozen burritos with aluminum foil. Otherwise, the outside could get burnt before the inside is warmed through.
- For an extra crispy crust, you can remove the foil, and cook the burrito directly in the air fryer for the last few minutes.
- The exact cook time depends on the size of your burrito and the temperature of your air fryer. So adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Make sure to place your burritos in a single layer in the basket.
How Long to Cook Frozen Burritos in a Ninja Air Fryer?
It will take about 40 minutes to cook your Frozen Burritos, but the exact time will depend on their size. Make sure to preheat your air fryer too so they get a nice, even cook when you put them inside. You’ll need to flip them halfway through.
How to Reheat Burritos in an Air Fryer?
Have a leftover burrito you’re looking to cook? Stick it in the air fryer too! Follow the exact same steps by wrapping it in foil beforehand. You’ll need less time than cooking from frozen, so check on them at about the 15-minute mark. Be careful not to burn yourself on the foil.
Best Frozen Burrito Brands
When it comes to picking Frozen Burritos at the store, while the personal taste is definitely a factor, there are some brands that generally have better reviews. Frozen Burritos can have quite high sodium contents, but brands like Sweet Earth and Amy’s have been recognized on countless occasions as being the healthiest and most delicious. For a meat option, check out Evol’s Frozen Burritos, which have pretty great customer reviews.
Where to Buy Frozen Burrito?
You can find Frozen Burritos in the freezer section of most grocery stores. A lot of convenience stores and gas stations also sell them.
If You Like This Recipe Try Out These Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this recipe, let me know how your Air Fryer Frozen Burritos turn out in the comments below!
Air Fryer Frozen Burrito Recipe
- 2-3 frozen burritos (breakfast or lunch burritos)
- aluminum foil
- Wrap each frozen burrito in foil.
- Preheat the air fryer by setting the temperature to 360ºF. (It may take about 3 minutes to preheat for some air fryers. Other air fryers don’t require preheat time. )
- Place the wrapped burritos in the air fryer basket.
- Put back the basket and set the timer for 40 minutes. (Smaller burritos can take 30 minutes to cook through, and larger ones may take longer than 40 minutes.)
- Flip the burritos after 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the burritos with kitchen tongs. Let it cool down slightly before unwrapping. Be careful that the burritos will be very hot right out of the air fryer.
- Don’t thaw your frozen burritos. Make sure to keep them completely frozen before cooking.
- The exact cook time depends on the size of your burrito and the temperature of your air fryer.
- Make sure to place your burritos in a single layer in the basket. Cook in batches if needed.