These Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are cooked to perfection EVERY TIME! It’s an easy way to make hard-boiled eggs and no water needed. Plus tips on how to peel them easily!
They are the base for so many great recipes such as Deviled Eggs, Egg Salad Sandwich, or Easter Eggs. You can have them at breakfast, lunch or as a snack!
Perfect air fryer hard-boiled eggs
Have you ever had a hard-boiled egg with a green halo around the yolk? Sometimes there is even a sulphury odor? These are the results of overcooking the eggs. When properly cooked, the yolk should be bright golden yellow without any funky smell. But how to achieve your desired texture and avoid overcooking?
Say hello to air fryer hard-boiled eggs! The only ingredient you need is the egg. No water needed. You don’t need a saucepan or rack for this recipe.
By air frying eggs, I don’t need to worry about undercooked or overcooked hard-boiled eggs anymore. This air fryer hard-boiled eggs recipe is fool-proof and guarantees the results. You’ll have perfectly cooked eggs with creamy and golden yellow yolk every time!
How to cook air fryer hard boiled eggs?
Making hard boiled eggs in an air fryer is really easy and fast. You can use cold eggs directly from the fridge, and place them in the air fryer basket (Don’t overcrowd the basket). Most air fryers don’t require pre-heating. Just set the temperature to 270ºF and cook for 15-17 minutes.
Once cooked, soak them in the ice water and peel.
This is a no-fail recipe, and you’ll never have over-cooked eggs with green ring around the yolk again!
How long to cook air fryer hard boiled eggs?
Depending on your preference and how you use your hard boiled eggs, you may want your eggs with different texture; use this tested timeline:
- 11 minutes: Liquid runny center and soft egg white. Great for serving in an egg cup.
- 12 minutes: Soft-boiled egg with the slightly runny center.
- 13 minutes: A soft yolk with a custard-like texture.
- 15 minutes: A firm egg white with creamy yolk. It’s the early stage of a hard boiled egg.
- 16 minutes: A hard boiled egg with a lighter yolk.
- 17 minutes: Completely hard-boiled egg. Great for deviled eggs or egg salad sandwiches. It has the lightest yolk and firm white, but not overcooked.
Once the eggs have cooked, it’s best to place them in an ice water bath immediately to stop the cooking process and maintain the perfect texture. Note that I use large eggs, if yours are larger or smaller, adjust the time slightly.
Tips on using an air fryer
- Note that every air fryer is different and it may take longer or less time to cook your hard-boiled eggs. It’s best to follow the instruction and try 1 egg first before you cooking a dozen eggs.
- If your model requires preheating, you can do so before adding the eggs.
- It’s important to use cold eggs straight from the fridge for this recipe.
I used cold eggs.
- If there are some brown spots on the eggs, it’s normal, and partly because the air fryer is not completely clean.
How do you peel hard boiled eggs easily?
Once the eggs have cooked, soak them in an ice bath for about 5 minutes. Crack them open by rolling on a kitchen counter. There is a thin membrane underneath the eggshell, which should come off with the shell.
It’s important to know that older eggs are easier to peel than fresh eggs. So if you plan to make deviled eggs for a party or Easter, just buy your eggs a week before using them.
How long will air fryer hard boiled eggs last?
Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days (peeled or unpeeled). If they are peeled, store them in an airtight container.
The whole hard boiled eggs don’t freeze well, as the egg whites can become tough and rubbery. However, you can freeze the cooked egg yolks by storing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They will last up to 3 months.
If You Like This Recipe, Try Out These Air Fryer Recipes
I hope you like this recipe. If you try it, please comment below and let me know how your Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs turn out!
Perfect Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 7-8 eggs
- seasoning such as salt and pepper optional
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator and place them in the air fryer basket directly.
- Set the temperature to 270ºF. You don’t need to pre-heat the air fryer.
- Cook for 15 minutes if you prefer a hard-boiled egg with softer yolk. For soft-boiled eggs, cook for 11-14 minutes, and for a completely hard-boiled eggs, cook for 17 minutes. See photos and details in the post.
- Once cooked, remove from the basket and place them in a bowl of ice water or run under cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Peel right away and enjoy!
- If you forget to soak your eggs in the ice water and find it difficult to peel, you can crack the shells all around without peeling. Then soak them in cold water for 10-15 minutes and then peel.
- It’s normal if there are some tiny brown spots on your hard boiled eggs. Don’t worry and it’s not a sign of overcooking.
- Your cook time may vary slightly because different models could vary.
Editor note: Originally published Dec 3, 2019 and updated Jan 29, 2021.