Honey adds a natural sweet flavor to desserts that’s irresistible! From chewy granola bars to decadent butter tarts, desserts made with honey are some of our favorites. We’ve collected 15 easy sweet honey desserts. You’ll find some classics here as well as new desserts you’ll want to share with family and friends.
There’s something special about chewy bars made with wholesome rolled oats. These bars also have dried cranberries or raisins, and mini chocolate chips! They take just 30 minutes to make and are great as a mid-morning snack.
Tuck a couple of these no-bake energy bars into your lunch bag for a naturally sweet treat. They come together easily in about 10 minutes and are the perfect grab & go snack.
Raisin bran cereal, almonds, and cinnamon create the base of this sweet fruit pizza. Top it off with the sweet yogurt filling and your favorite fresh fruits.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these healthy peanut butter honey truffles. They’re full of texture and have a hint of vanilla flavor.
These gorgeous honey cupcakes would be perfect for a potluck! They’re topped with a sweet honey cream cheese frosting and take just 25 minutes to make.
Coconut lovers will appreciate the authentic coconut flavor of these chewy coconut macaroons. They’re ready to eat in just 15 minutes and would be wonderful with a cup of hot tea.
Homemade granola is easy to make and you get to control the ingredients. This honey almond granola is made with healthy rolled oats, raw almonds, dried fruit and warm spices. It takes just 30 minutes and is delicious sprinkled on yogurt or ice cream!
This sweet cinnamon honey buttercream frosting can be used to top all kinds of cakes and cupcakes. Banana cake, carrot cake and gingerbread are delicious options.
You’ll only need a handful of basic ingredients to make this crunchy cornflake honey slice. It takes about 20 minutes to pull together and is a great mid-afternoon snack.
These traditional Greek cookies are dipped in a sweet honey syrup. They’re flavored with warm spices and have a wonderful texture.
Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian cake that’s sweet and moist. It’s covered with syrup and is delicious served warm.
Cheesecake lovers won’t be able to resist this honey cheesecake. It has a crispy baklava crust that perfectly complements the creamy filling. Serve it at your next special occasion celebration!
These lemon honey butter tarts are filled with sweet custard. Customize them with your favorite dried fruits, coconut, or chopped nuts.
Your guests will think you purchased these sweet honey chocolates from a specialty store! All you need is good quality dark chocolate chips and hibiscus flavored honey.
Serve these sweet and fluffy honey buns at next week’s Sunday brunch! They’re perfectly light and are filled with a decadent combination of butter, honey, brown sugar, raisins, and pecans.
Sweet Honey Dessert Energy Balls Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips semisweet or dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened recommended
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Then mix with a large wooden spoon until it forms a firm dough.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll between the palms of your hands to make a 1 1/2 inch (3-4 cm) ball.
- Place onto a parchment-lined plate and repeat for remaining dough.
- Chill in an airtight container until serving.
- You can make energy balls up to one week ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s also possible to freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Quick oats can be used instead of rolled oats.