Snake juice is a key part of the Snake Juice diet. It’s a combination of water, Himalayan pink salt, salt-free potassium chloride, and food-grade epsom salts. Followers of the Snake Juice diet drink snake juice for at least 48 hours at the start of the diet.
What Is Snake Juice?
Snake juice is a combination of water, Himalayan pink salt, salt-free potassium chloride, and food-grade epsom salts. It’s an electrolyte mixture that’s consumed at the beginning of the Snake Juice diet. The diet follows the eating habits of snakes where a large meal is followed by a period of fasting until the meal is digested.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Himalayan pink salt
- salt-free potassium chloride
- edible Epsom salts
(Note: Full recipe is at the bottom of the post)
How to Make Snake Juice
Place all of the ingredients into a large jar and shake well until combined.
3 Phases of The Snake Juice Diet
The diet mainly consists of the following 3 phases:
- Phase 1: The diet begins with a 48 hour fast, which puts the person into ketosis. During this initial phase, unlimited amounts of snake juice can be consumed. Dieters can then eat during a 1-2 hour window followed by another fast lasting 72 hours. During this time, ketone levels are monitored to determine when the body is in ketosis.
- Phase 2: During this phase, 48-96 hour long fasts begin. The person is instructed to fast for as long as they can bear. Single meals are allowed in between but can’t last for longer than 1-2 hours. This phase continues until the person reaches they’re desired weight loss goal.
- Phase 3: In this final phase, the person is expected to maintain the weight that they have lost by fasting for 24-48 hours. During this time, single meals continue based on the demands of the body.
Is This Diet Effective?
The Snake Diet is based on a starvation model and has insufficient nutrients and many adverse effects. This diet promotes rapid weight loss but can’t be sustained without causing significant risks to your health.
How Much Weight Can I Lose On A Snake Diet?
People lose an average of 2 pounds per day during the first week of a fast, followed by about 0.7 pounds per day by the third week. Note that fasting and restricting calories does lead to weight loss but also results in your body burning both fat and lean muscle mass.
Should I Take Electrolytes While Fasting?
Consuming electrolytes while fasting is recommended by many professionals. Electrolytes help your body run smoothly during a fast.
The Snake Juice Recipe
- 2 liters water
- 2 grams Himalayan pink salt
- 5 grams salt-free potassium chloride
- 2 grams edible Epsom salts
- Place all of the ingredients into a large jar and shake well until combined.
Leave a Reply