Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with oreo inside. This delicious treats are easy to make and with simple tricks, they will turn out perfect every single time! They are great for parties and holidays such as Christmas!
Who doesn’t like a sweet surprise inside of chocolate chip cookie? Oreo stuffed cookies are a perfect choice for someone special.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
They are essentially double cookies surrounding an oreo, so all you need is chocolate chip cookie dough and oreos.
I made the homemade chocolate chip cookie dough from scratch for this recipe. Not only it tastes more delicious, but also holds the shape much more nicely.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
To make the dough, start by beating softened unsalted butter with sugars in a large mixing bowl. Then add in the eggs and vanilla. Once thoroughly combined, stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until smooth.
The last step is to add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix with a spatula until chocolate chips are evenly distributed.
How To Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is so easy to make and I usually make them with my kids and they absolutely love it! The secret to keeping the nice shape is to use muffin tin.
- First, spray the muffin tin with cooking oil generously.
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough and press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin.
- Add one oreo on top and finish with another half-inch dough. Seal the dough properly.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
The muffin tin method produces well-shaped cookies with the exact same sizes.
What Kind of Oreos Should I Use
Original double stuffed oreos work best for this recipe. The black oreo and cream cookies look amazing inside of golden chocolate chip cookies. You can also use other oreo cookies such as golden vanilla flavor. Baked oreos will be moist and soft.
Can I Use Premade Cookie Dough
I don’t recommend using pre-made dough. I have made these oreo stuffed cookies for many, many times and tried different ways to make them. I find homemade chocolate chip cookie dough works much better for this recipe. It can hold the shape much more nicely.
Soften Butter Ahead of Time
Use softened butter when making your cookie dough, so remember to take the butter out of the fridge ahead of time. If you forget, place the butter in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on 30% power for 20 seconds. Add 5 more seconds each time until it’s soft enough.
Let Cookies Cool Before Taking them Out
After your Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are baked, remove the muffin tin from the oven. Let it cool completely before taking the cookies out. The cookies will break down easily if you take them out too early.
How Long Can Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies Last
These Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies taste best the same day. You can also keep them in an airtight container for up to a week. Or store them in a sealed zip-loc bag in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Watch Video: How To Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (video recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat softened butter with brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Apply nonstick spray to a muffin tin.
- Press a half-inch layer of dough into each muffin tin cup.
- Add one Oreo on top and then another half-inch of dough on top to fully enclose.
- Bake for 15-18 min or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in the pan before remove from the muffin tin. Serve and enjoy!
Fantastic cookie – cupcake? Whatever they were a hit and disappeared as fast as I put them down. Thank you for a great inventive cookie!
Thank you for letting me know, and so glad that they were a hit!
This was sooooo good! We only had golden Oreos in the pantry so I used them and still so so so good! Thank you!
Jess, glad you like the recipe. Thanks for letting me know!