Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups – smooth and delicious key lime pie cheesecake filling nestling in soft and chewy sugar cookie cups. So Good!
Key lime pie cookie cups are irresistible dessert with tangy limes mixed with creamy filling. It’s so delicious when the key lime pie is stuffed in chewy sugar cookie cups. It’s so easy to make and comes together in no time!
Key Lime Pie was first invented in Key West and is a state symbol for Florida. Key limes are smaller, tarter cousins of typical supermarket limes, but you can totally substitute with regular limes.
This recipe calls for some simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator: sugar cookie dough, fresh lime, cream cheese, key lime greek yogurt, vanilla extract and fresh berries for topping.
Key Lime Pie Cookie Cups
- 16 oz package sugar cookie dough
- 1 fresh lime
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz greek yogurt key lime flavor
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Set aside a 12-cup muffin tin and spray with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough to about ¼-inch thickness; using a cookie cutter to make twelve 4-inch round pieces.
- Press the cookie dough round pieces into the muffin tin; bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- Make zest from 1 lime, and then squeeze the juice from the lime. In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla and lime juice. Beat in powdered sugar and half of lime zest until smooth.
- Remove cups from oven, wait 5 min and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cups are cool, spoon in filling, add berries and lime slice, and sprinkle remaining zest on top. Serve and enjoy!