The vegetarian diet has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. We’ve rounded up 21 of the best Vegetarian Dinner Ideas for you to try at home.
There are a variety of ingredients you can enjoy if you’re reducing your intake of meat or are following a vegetarian lifestyle.
Jackfruit Pulled Pork Tacos
Jackfruit is a tropical tree fruit that has a texture that’s similar to meat. In this recipe it’s seasoned with Mexican seasonings and enjoyed as tacos! It takes just 30 minutes to make this tasty dish.
Easy Vegetable Lasagna Roll Ups
If your family wants lasagna but you want to save some time, try these easy lasagna roll ups instead! They’re easy to make and have all the traditional lasagna flavors you love.
Fried Potatoes and Onions
These easy fried potatoes are crispy and buttery with delicious caramelized onions – the perfect side for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy these potatoes with eggs and bacon for a satisfying start to the day or serve with roast chicken and collard greens for a hearty Southern-style Sunday dinner!
The avocado in this pasta dish is transformed into a super creamy sauce! Serve it with a side of fresh garden salad and crispy garlic bread.
This is a rich, creamy and aromatic dish that your whole family will love! Cauliflower coconut curry is loaded with tender cauliflower simmered with authentic spices and is cooked in one pot in under 30 minutes.
Greek Pita Pizza
Pita pizza is a fabulous light lunch or appetizer made with pita bread, cheese and your favorite toppings. This pita bread pizza recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients in less than 20 minutes. So skip ordering pizza and make your own instead!
Here’s a new way to enjoy sushi that’s both vegetarian and vegan-friendly. The sushi is stuffed with a delicious combination of sweet potato and avocado!
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Buddha Bowls
This Buddha bowl is filled with healthy ingredients. It’s hearty, delicious, and takes just 45 minutes to make!
Bean and Veggie Stuffed Peppers
A combination of rice, pinto beans, and seasonings create a stuffing that’s both hearty and delicious. Each pepper is topped with cheese and would be delicious served with diced avocados and sour cream.
If you’re in the mood for meatloaf but it’s Meatless Monday, this lentil loaf is just what you need. The lentils are perfectly seasoned and come together with flavorful seasonings to create a healthy and delicious meat-free loaf!
Cremini mushrooms take the place of the beef that’s typically used in stroganoff. This is a true comfort dish and only takes 20 minutes to make!
These healthy black bean burgers can be fried, baked, or grilled! Serve them with your favorite toppings on toasted buns.
Garlic Tofu Stir Fry
This easy vegan dish is the perfect combination of delicious flavors and textures. It’s perfectly seasoned and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare!
Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing
This mango salad is bright, colorful, and full of flavor! It has a peanut dressing you’ll love, and is ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes.
If it’s pizza night in your household, it’s easy to create a meat-free option. This recipe for homemade pizza dough is easy to pull together, and you can choose your own toppings!
Bean and Veggie Chili
This tasty chili is loaded with protein-rich pinto and black beans. It’s super hearty and is the perfect dish to serve on a cold evening.
Broccoli Potato Soup
Serve this creamy broccoli soup with crusty rolls or your favorite crackers! It’s a delicious vegan–friendly option for a hearty and delicious meal.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
These Buffalo cauliflower bites are a healthier version of Buffalo chicken wings! They turn out light and crispy, and would be delicious as an appetizer.
Homemade falafel is incredibly easy to make. In this recipe the falafel is perfectly seasoned and then baked! Serve it with a fresh side salad for a healthy, high-fiber meal.
Chickpea Rice Soup
This hearty and comforting soup takes just 35 minutes to make and is full of protein-rich chickpeas. Serve it when you’re craving something comforting!
Roasted Tomato Mushroom Soup
This is the perfect soup to make when you have some fresh tomatoes on hand. The tomatoes are roasted for extra flavor, and are then blended with a variety of veggies and seasonings. Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and cheesy croutons.
Easy Vegetarian Dinner Jackfruit Taco Recipe
- 2 cans cans jackfruit 20 oz each can
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the tacos:
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- shredded red cabbage
- lime wedges
- Drain the brine and rinse the wedges thoroughly.
- Pinch off the hard cores at the tip of each wedge. And then pull apart the rest of the wedge using your hand. (You can discard the cores or cut them into small pieces. Both the cores and seeds are edible).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add minced garlic and sliced onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Add shredded jackfruit, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, honey, and water.
- Stir fry to coat and reduce heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the rest of the BBQ sauce, and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. (Taste test the sauce, add more BBQ sauce and honey if needed)
- Serve them over tortillas together with avocado, shredded red cabbage and cilantro for a complete meal!
- The cooked BBQ jackfruit can last up to 3 days in the fridge. You can eat it cold or reheat in the microwave.
Leave a Reply