Veggies aren’t just healthy, but they’re delicious whether baked, boiled, fried or glazed! We have rounded up 17 Easy Vegetable Side Dishes your whole family will love. From creamy mashed potatoes to baked parmesan zucchini, we’ll take you through easy and delicious veggie side dishes!
Which Vegetables Are Used in Most Dishes?
The vegetables with the highest consumption are potatoes, tomatoes, onions and carrots according to the USDA. Other popular veggies commonly used in dishes include broccoli, mushrooms and bell peppers.
Best Veggie Side Dishes
Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Steamed Broccoli: Look no further for a healthy, bright and colorful side dish! Steamed broccoli is keto and high in protein and Vitamin C. This recipe walks you the steps to get it perfect every time.
- Air Fryer Asparagus: Here’s a recipe that will make you fall in love with vegetables all over again. Air fryer asparagus is ready in less than 10 minutes, and it’s crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Yum!
- Boiled Corn: Whether you’re heading to a BBQ or simply looking for a healthy side dish, try this boiled corn recipe! Learn all the tips and tricks you need to get the best texture and flavor from your corn on the cob.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: Keto-friendly and low carb, this dish is perfect as a side dish or main course. Add your favorite seasonings to make it your own and then enjoy!
Christmas / Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes: Need a quick side dish for your holiday dinner? In a rush? You and your guests can enjoy these deliciously creamy mashed potatoes made in just 15 minutes using the microwave!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts: With hints of spice and sweetness, these Brussel sprouts are full of flavor. They’re oven-roasted to perfection before getting drizzled with an incredible honey sriracha sauce!
- Glazed Carrots: This side dish is just like your grandmother used to make! Glazed carrots are simmered in a brown sugar and butter mixture before being garnished with parsley. They go perfectly with just about any holiday meal!
- Classic Green Bean Casserole: This mouthwatering casseroles is ideal for Christmas, Thanksgiving or anytime you want to feed a crowd. With green beans, fried onions and mushroom soup, you can make it ahead too.
- Fried Sweet Potatoes: Switch up your french fry routine with these fried sweet potatoes. They’re tender, crispy and oh-so tasty! You can also customize the seasonings to suit.
Vegetable Side Dishes for Pork
- Sous Vide Sweet Potatoes: With no fuss and no mess, these sous vide sweet potatoes are an absolute winner. They come out flavorful and tender. If you’re new to this sour vide cooking, find a complete how-to-guide here.
- Roasted Parsnips: This healthy and delicious side dish that comes together easily! These roasted parsnips come out super-tender with a pleasant nutty flavor and a beautiful caramelized exterior!
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini: If you’re looking for a delicious way to prepare zucchini, try this oven-baked recipe. The zucchini stays flavorful with extra flavor from the parmesan cheese.
- Fruit Salad: We could all use a few new ideas when it comes to fruit salad. This easy recipe combines kiwi fruit, strawberry, mango, and pineapple for a burst of healthy flavor in every bite!
Easy Veggie Side Dishes for A Crowd
- Chipotle Fajita Veggies: Calling all Chipotle fans! This copycat dish is healthy, colorful and loaded with caramelized onions and bell peppers. It couldn’t be easier to recreate this simple grilled recipe at home!
- Air Fryer Potato Chips: Enjoy crispy and healthy homemade potato chips thanks to the Air Fryer! This recipe is easy and guilt-free with only a small amount of cooking spray. Season them up the way you like!
- Creamy Potato Salad: This timeless potato salad recipe is creamy and tangy! Perfect as a side dish for backyard bbqs and more. To make it healthier, use Greek yogurt instead.
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries: Once you’ve made french fries in the Air Fryer, you’ll never look back! They’re crispy and tender with the most incredible flavor. Plus, they’re ready in just 15 minutes with no mess to clean up!
You May Also Like
- 21 Easy and Healthy Side Dishes
- 20 Easy and Healthy Low Carb Recipes
- 16 Easy Light Dinner Ideas
- 22 Best Keto Side Dishes
17 Easy Vegetable Sides (Fajita Veggies Recipe & More)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
- Add oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Heat the oil until it’s shimmering and very hot.
- Add sliced bell pepper and red onions.
- Toss them around and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season with oregano and salt to taste. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes until the veggies are slightly softened but still look bright.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!